CDIH
What's your password? - and how did you decide on it? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: What's your password? - and how did you decide on it? (/showthread.php?tid=7133)

- Galt - 08-14-2003

Mine is "".

You see, that was the name of the first company I worked for, and so it holds a place near and dear to my heart.

That's the password I use for most everything, ATM codes and such. However, some places make you have a 6 character passcode so I have to mix it up, and I usually just put the last four digits of my home phone number growing up ('') at the end of "".

In fact, I have a standard 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 character passcode that I use for everything.

For all the many things that require passwords in my life I probably cycle through only about three things.

Edited By Galt on 1060922994

- Mad - 08-14-2003

I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you and all the little hacker douches that have been trying like hell to crack my system.

Good thing I have reported all said activity to the proper authorities. Maybe, the douches will actual do something. Doubtful.

- Jack - 08-14-2003

Yeah.. nice try.

I ain't tellin.

- PlasticMan - 08-14-2003

Mine are all "left handed" words, because they're easy to type. However, best ever and most used password is two left handed words put together that make a sentence in a movie I kindof like. It's as ingenious as I have ever gotten about anything.

- Keyser Soze - 08-14-2003

i tried your passwords, they didnt work.

- The Sleeper - 08-14-2003

i have used the same password for everything since i was 13 and i have yet to tell a soul what it is and never will.

- HedCold - 08-14-2003

i use a rotation of like 3 passwords
sometimes i use the same one that joobies uses for some things

- Doc - 08-14-2003

Do your jobs make you change your passwords every few months? Mine does and it pisses me off sometimes

My job's network - and half the apps that run on it, make you change your password every 3 or 6 months. Most people I know just use the same word and put a number after it, and increment the number up each time it's changed. No wonder it's so easy to crack into big companies...like shooting fish in a barrel

- HedCold - 08-14-2003

school networks are the same way, and i end up doing the same thing, just using a differnet number at the end

- Keyser Soze - 08-14-2003

my company does it and it wont even let us use old passwords from several months ago.

- Goatweed - 08-14-2003

I have many, and amazingly I remember them all. One of my favorites is "Ozymandias", which I got from a graphic novel called The Watchmen, written by Alan Moore - it was used as a password in a later part of the story. It looks like a comic, but the storytelling is like a novel - I highly recommend it :thumbs-up:

- Goatweed - 08-14-2003

another thing - for you NT and MS Windows network users, if Windows makes you change your password every so often but you dont wanna change it, the next time it asks, just change it 3 times with three different words, and change it a fourth time with the original passwprd - it works every time.

- diceisgod - 08-14-2003

When I was young I belonged to a Father-Son organization that was similar to the Boy Scouts but was based around Indian tribes. My password for almost everything is my Indian name when i was in that "tribe".

And it's not Fadda Pocmefrombehintus either, wiseguy.

- HedCold - 08-15-2003

[Image: 1-1.jpg]
:lol:

- Doc - 08-15-2003

HedCold, you complete me

- diceisgod - 08-15-2003

I just had a flashback

- Hoon - 08-16-2003

Mine was "GrapeApe"

Until right now.

- fbd - 08-16-2003

for words, i blend two names of characters from books i read, like "thomazrim". if its a number, i use my high school student id number

but am i the only one who gets screwed up when something REQUIRES letters and numbers? i always have to type it in twice with those

- Mad - 08-16-2003

I was watching "The Screen Savers" last week and they said that the average password of letters and numbers can be cracked within minutes using a 'script kiddie'.

They then suggested one use alternate characters on the keyboard, such as question marks, periods, etc... Stating that the same 'script kiddie' would then take about 14 hours to crack the first character.