CDIH
My 'u' button is stuck - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: My 'u' button is stuck (/showthread.php?tid=7277)

Pages: 1 2

- The Sleeper - 09-03-2003

I have to press it several times for it to register. This is getting aggravating. any thoughts on how to fix this? It's a laptop and the keyboard is old and has lots of dirt on it so that's probably the problem, but I'm afraid I'll break something if I try to clean it.

- Goatweed - 09-03-2003

a can of compressed air might clean it out - otherwise the button might be shot. Try the air, it's like $5 at any Staples.

haha i remember freshman year some fat girl came into or dorm and asked if we had compressed air and we all made fun of her. Ah that was a fun year. oh yea thanks.

- Goatweed - 09-03-2003

was she black? :lol:

I hope it works.

i saw that comment coming a mile away, and no.

- Goatweed - 09-03-2003

I know, I wanted to hold it in but I just couldn't - forgive me Undecided

my roomate was black, he was so cool. We did Arnold Swarzanegger prank calls together. I'll move this to the golden age now.

- Galt - 09-03-2003

don't write words with a "u" in them.

It will make communicating fun because it will also be a game that only you can play.

- crx girl - 09-03-2003

so, is it ok to spray compressed air into a keyboard on a laptop? because i need to clean mine but i was worried it might damage the stuff under the keyboard. and sleeper if it still doesn't work you can buy keyboards pretty cheap these days...

- Goatweed - 09-03-2003

yes it's ok - at most, you'll free up a lot of dust which is a good thing.

I hope your "u" doesn't stop working - you wont be able to use flavour or colour anymore...

- crx girl - 09-03-2003

it would be a disaster

- Goatweed - 09-03-2003

it truly would.

- Galt - 09-03-2003

just pry off the "n" and turn it upside down whenever you need a "u"

Edited By Galt on 1062616863

- GonzoStyle - 09-03-2003

Trish would have slashed his wrists by now if her "U" button was stuck.

- The Sleeper - 09-04-2003

i nudged it around a little and it looks like it got un-stuck, hooray!

- The Sleeper - 09-04-2003

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

- Kid Afrika - 09-04-2003

If you're going to spray compressed air on your laptop keyboard, it's probably best to spray it in the air first to make sure no liquid comes out. Then keep the can upright when spraying it on the keyboard. Sometimes, there will be dirt or a food particle under a key and that will make it not work. It's ok to pop the key off carefully, clean the dirt and pop the key back on. It's also a kewl way to fuck with people who "hunt and peck"... switch all the letters around on the keyboard and watch them get very frustrated when every letter they type is wrong.

- GonzoStyle - 09-04-2003

instead of re-arranging peoples keyboard letters, go get hookers, they're legal out there.

- Kid Afrika - 09-04-2003

Here's an ideafor you... Get a real job and move out of your mom's house.

Anyway, hookers are not legal in Clark County. Not that I would get one anyway.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 09-04-2003

Quote: kewl