CDIH
Has my life come to this... - the dangers of drinking in Hoboken - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Has my life come to this... - the dangers of drinking in Hoboken (/showthread.php?tid=7288)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Doc - 09-04-2003

OK, here's the backstory. I was walking out of a bar in Hoboken about a year ago with my buddy and this girl with a clipboard comes up to us and asks if we want to be on TV. She says that she's a casting director for 'Change of Heart' and asks us to come in for an audition. A few days later, we decide to do it for no other reason than it sounds like it could be a stupid fun thing to do. After the audition, I hear nothing back and figure I have a face for radio.

So I get this call yesterday from a casting director for Warner Brothers. Apparently 'Change of Heart' got cancelled, but they had all these extra people they auditioned. They thought said I was "tall and had a bubbly personality" and want me to come in and talk to them about being on the show 'Elimidate'. That show entails going on a several dates with four different women and booting one of them after each date.

So now I'm thinking, (1) am I desperate enough to go on a TV dating show, (2) am I prepared for the onslaught of ball-busting that will eventually come should one of my friends see this. I'm not so worried about #2 because I don't think anyone watches this show, but there's always the chance. They do pay a couple bucks and I'd get some free dates out of the deal, so I don't know what to do.

- Keyser Soze - 09-04-2003

They took a picture of me at Bar A one night. They called me and asked me to come down and do a screen test. I went and they filmed me in their office asking me questions about the kind of girls I like and shit like that. The person who interviewed me and said I was perfect and they would line up some girls for me to elimidate. I haven't heard back from them yet.

- Black Lazerus - 09-04-2003

do it .
they pay for you dates.
you might get some pussy out of the deal.
fuck it if your friends tool you

and for a person worried about being tooled dont ever discribe yourself as "tall and bubbly"

- Danked - 09-04-2003

Hold out till you get to San Francisco.

- Doc - 09-04-2003

Quote:and for a person worried about being tooled dont ever discribe yourself as "tall and bubbly"

Hold it there, ace. That's how they described me. I always figured I was bitter and surly, so it came as a bit of a shock.

The thought of being in the same catagory as Keyser makes me shudder though.

Edited By Doc on 1062700490

I figure its totally worth it. 1 out of 3 chance one of the girls are hot and they pay for everything. Seems like a no lose situation.

- diceisgod - 09-04-2003

Agree to do the show then stiff them.

- Galt - 09-04-2003

Isn't elimidate the one where you date all four of them at the same time and each girl tries to outwhore the other girls in order to not get booted? They get naked and shit.

I would never do it if I was one of four guys, but if I was the one guy with four girls, I'd do it just to degrade them.

- Goatweed - 09-04-2003

I would do it, fuck it - how often do you get on TV? Besides, I saw Blind Date uncensored and I've gained a wholly new respect for the whores that go on these shows trolling for cock.

As for the ball busting, I'd rather get tooled on for trying to meet women on a TV show than for watching women's television programming...

- Doc - 09-04-2003

Eh, you guys might have a point. While taking advice from message board people might be flawed logic to begin with, it seems like the worst thing that could happen is I get to have different women pretend to dig me. Do they have a "hot tub scene" at the end of this show?

And Goatweed, if my hatred for you were people, I'd be China

- HollywoodJewMoses - 09-04-2003

only do it if you get to be the guy, with 4 girls
not one of the 4 guys, for one girl.

- Goatweed - 09-04-2003

take a number and step all the way to the back of the line Doc :-D

- Splatterpunk - 09-04-2003

Don't be an idiot. That trash TV is for negative IQ asswads. You'll impersonate everything that sucks about the American mind. Keep your integrity.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 09-04-2003

you are just jealous, hater!

- Doc - 09-04-2003

Lucky for me, I have no integrity, and the 100 beans ain't too shabby

And Goatweed, get bent

- Goatweed - 09-04-2003

integrity vs. getting laid and 15 mins of fame.

integrity doesn't have a chance :lol:

- Doc - 09-04-2003

I think I'd trade in my integrity for 3 minutes of fame and a handy at this point

- Goatweed - 09-04-2003

nice - let us know when it airs!

- Splatterpunk - 09-04-2003

There was never any question, then. You just crave attention like the rest. Good reasons to despise humans: Exhibit 1.

Quote:You just crave attention like the rest.

Pot, meet kettle.