CDIH
So seriously... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: So seriously... (/showthread.php?tid=7554)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Danked - 10-08-2003

is it physically possible for a person to be allergic to cigarette smoke or is it just one of those things that nonsmokers say to be all whiny and dramatic?

- Hey Ladi - 10-08-2003

B

- The Sleeper - 10-08-2003

I actually like cigarette smoke. I probably would also enjoy smoking too if I was cool enough to try it back in the day.

- Doc - 10-08-2003

Cigarette smoke contains a number of irritants. People with allergies may be more sensitive to cigarette smoke than other people, but I don't think people can be "allergic" to the smoke. It's mainly whiny people acting like whiny bitches. Don't get me wrong, I don't smoke and I don't particually care to smell like smoke when I leave a bar, but those people who do nothing but kvetch about smoke are morons

- Danked - 10-08-2003

Thank you.

- Goatweed - 10-08-2003

yes.

- Danked - 10-08-2003

Please note... at this point my suspicions have been confirmed. Anybody that offers an alternative viewpoint now is automatically wrong.

- Doc - 10-08-2003

Woohoo, I got there first, I win

- Jack - 10-08-2003

Based on what my doctor told me, the smoke enhances the allergens that effect people. Specifically the dust, molds and pollens. The smoke makes the effect twice as bad as it were before.

Another thing the doctor told me is that if a person has asthma on top of the allergies, which most do, then they are already having a tough enough time breathing normally, add on the allergies which keeps their noses stuffed up and mucus draining into their stomach/lungs, then put smoke in their lungs... bad scenario.

- Goatweed - 10-08-2003

a person can also be allergic to pot smoke as well.

- Danked - 10-08-2003

^ see above.

- Jack - 10-08-2003

You just dropped a couple of notches on my credibility scale.

Guess Goaty was the better choice for Assistant Admin. Glad we got it right the first time.

- Danked - 10-08-2003

Shucks.

- Goatweed - 10-08-2003

I'm allergic to feline dander, but not canine.

- Doc - 10-08-2003

Edit--
This has to do with smoke, not animal dander.

It's not an "allergic" reaction though. You're just having a response to an irritant. An allergic reaction is an immune response to something your body (wrongly) thinks is a threat. What happens to people around smoke is the airway gets irritated and sometimes gets a little inflamed - swells up with blood like your skin does if you get a slight burn. Asthmatics get this a little worse because they already have inflamed and constricted airways.

If it were really allergies, Benadryl is all you'd need to stop having watery eyes when someone smokes.

Edited By Doc on 1065642718

- Danked - 10-08-2003

Modding gives me hives.

- Goatweed - 10-08-2003

you must be allergic to one of the forums then...maybe all of them!

- Jack - 10-08-2003

Modding? You actually do stuff here?

- Danked - 10-08-2003

Do me a favor and let me know if you're being serious or not... I can't tell.

- The Sleeper - 10-08-2003

either way you should kick his ass