CDIH
clothes shopping - aka my Saturday afternoon - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: clothes shopping - aka my Saturday afternoon (/showthread.php?tid=7576)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Goatweed - 10-13-2003

so this past weekend, it was time for me to update my wardrobe - mainly for work, as my non-work clothing typically consists of jeans and a t-shirt. Most times when I have to shop for clothes, it's always a pain in the ass, and this time was no different. Anyway, I needed some new khakis so off to Sears I went.

Not only did they not have much of a selection, they didn't have 1 pair os pants in my size - now those of you who have met me know I'm not as thin as a rail, but I'm not huge either. So, off I go to Macy's - I knew I would spend a little more, but I had no option.

Macy's turns out to be a bust - they had some in my size, but were way too expensive (who pays $50 for khaki's?)

My last resort - JC Penney. They had plenty of Docker's pants in my size, but Docker's and me have a love/hate relationship - some fit me like a glove, others are so uncomfortable I end up returning them. Just when I thought all hope was lost, I ran across a brand - "Savane", which I assume is either their brand or some unknown name. I try a pair on and not only do they fit, they fit well - and are comfortable as all hell. The kicker is they were $25 a piece, cheaper than anything else I had seen that day!

I was so happy with my purchase, I bought a pack of Skittles on my way out of the mall - for that brief moment this past weekend, life was good. There were loads of hot girls there, too - where the hell were these pieces of ass when I was 19/20/21??

- QuickStop - 10-13-2003

Quote:where the hell were these pieces of ass when I was 19/20/21??
in the womb

- Doc - 10-13-2003

Dockers Stain Defenders are the greatest invention since Penicillin. I spilled coffee on them and it beaded. Oil stains from machine grease came off in the wash. I figure they are worth 40 bucks a pair because I would have ruined 3 pairs of non-defender khakis by now.

- Goatweed - 10-13-2003

these are stain-resistant as well, with Teflon I think - though that never factors in for me - I don't spill shit on myself, as clumsy as I can be at times.

Dockers never fit me right, and their sizes always seem 2 numbers lower than the tag says.

I just hate having to clothes shop in general, and when it's difficult it just adds to my hatred.

- Doc - 10-13-2003

For some reason, It's damn near immpossible to find a 34 x 36. And you're right, some Dockers don't fit as well. Their Classic Fit are somehow made for my body though.

I'm so stoked, I just found out that my new job's dress code is business casual, jus tlike here. Someone mentioned that it was shirt and tie, and I had to wear a jacket when I wasn't at my desk, and I figured I'd have to buy all new clothes.

- vanilla sugar - 10-13-2003

i love shopping yeh :5:

- Doc - 10-13-2003

I hate women like you.

No, wait, I just hate you.

Sorry about the confusion

- Goatweed - 10-13-2003

when I started working here, it used to be shirt and tie, but after 2 years they switched to business casual - there was talk they were gonna revert back and keep fridays as casual day but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen (thank god).

- Doc - 10-13-2003

Why won't they let us wear jeans to work? Because they are comfortable and people look good in them?

Doc Wrote:I hate women like you.

No, wait, I just hate you.

Sorry about the confusion
:loveya:

i'm hated :banana:

- Doc - 10-13-2003

No, it's more a general discontent mixed with indifference. It's not like you shot my dog or something

:thumbs-up:

- Goatweed - 10-13-2003

what if someone kicked your dog?

- Doc - 10-13-2003

Depends which dog. You kick my lab, I'll be a little upset. You kick my shepard, I'll remove your foot with a weedwhacker and shove it in the tail pipe of your car. Plus you'll have to deal with a 120 pound pissed off German Shepard

- Goatweed - 10-13-2003

ok, so the Lab is better to fuck with - thanks!

:7:

- Goatweed - 10-13-2003

why exactly are you crying?

:29: i'm sad

- Mad - 10-13-2003

Why is that? BF beat you to a bloody pulp again?

;-)

i'm just sad. no i dont have pms and no my bf didnt beat me up seeing as how i dont have a bf at the moment. i feel very lost and lonely for some reason.