CDIH
no one can tell - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: no one can tell (/showthread.php?tid=7625)

Pages: 1 2

- Galt - 10-21-2003

I've been wearing these Invisalign things for two days and no one's mentioned anything. No one from work. Not my brother. None of my friends. No one can tell.

But I want to tell somebody that my teeth friggin kill

- Mad - 10-21-2003

Do they make you talk funny?

How long do you have to wear those suckers anyway?

- Jack - 10-21-2003

I just turned around and said "Sandy, Galt said I couldn't tell anybody that he wears braces"

She turned around, looked at me, and said "What the fuck are you talking about you damn moron?"

I feel shamed.

- Doc - 10-21-2003

Is that thing sold by the same guy who hocks the pasta maker and that "Set It And Forget It" thing on infomercials?

- Goatweed - 10-21-2003

the showtime rotisserie is an amazing machine - I highly recommend it.

- Galt - 10-21-2003

yes. They give me a bit of a speech impediment. Like I have a fat tongue.

I have to wear them for about a year and a half. Most people only have to wear them for about a year, but I never had braces as a kid, and so I have teeth like an Englishman.

I didn't say you couldn't tell anyone. I said that no one could tell (meaning notice) that I was wearing them

- Doc - 10-21-2003

So your voice is now a pleasant mix of Boston accent and Corky from "Life Goes On". The beautiful babies must be beating a path to your door

Edited By Doc on 1066760112

- Galt - 10-21-2003

I have no Boston accent.

I have an education and I grew up 100 miles from Boston.

But my teef are very looth

- Hybrid - 10-21-2003

you get used to them. in a few days you'll be talking normal again. make sure to keep them clean though, because if you dont crap can build up and they dont look clear anymore.

- drusilla - 10-21-2003

Et tu, Brute ?

- diceisgod - 10-22-2003

I had braces in high school and had to wear them for like 3 years AND wear a retainer for like another year. How the fuck is wearing these things gonna straighten your teeth in only one year? One night when i was wearing the retainers I was so fucking drunk that i puked them down the toilet and lost them. Never went to get new ones. I had about another 6 months to go with those things. The point: my bottom teeth shifted slightly even after wearing those little torture devices (braces and retainers inclusive) for nearly four years. Invisalign sounds like a scam to me.

- drusilla - 10-22-2003

diceisgod Wrote:One night when i was wearing the retainers I was so fucking drunk that i puked them down the toilet and lost them. Never went to get new ones. I had about another 6 months to go with those things. The point: my bottom teeth shifted slightly even after wearing those little torture devices (braces and retainers inclusive) for nearly four years. Invisalign sounds like a scam to me.
i threw mine out at a ranger game in 7th grade. that was a really expensive mistake.

plus my bottom teeth also shifted after i stopped wearing them.

- QuickStop - 10-22-2003

i have straight, very white teeth and i never needed braces...hahahaha

- drusilla - 10-22-2003

whoo hoo aren't you special

- Galt - 10-22-2003

diceisgod Wrote:I had braces in high school and had to wear them for like 3 years AND wear a retainer for like another year. How the fuck is wearing these things gonna straighten your teeth in only one year? Invisalign sounds like a scam to me.
Technology improvements maybe?

The fact that I have adult teeth, and not adolescent teeth which may be continously growing or shifting or whatever?
My teeth have settled and the ortho knows exactly what to do with my teeth and not worry about them trying fight by growing a different way.

My brother got braces a few years ago. But he got actual braces (clear ones) and it only took a year. This Invisalign is no different. Just more expense, and I can take them off and eat. But my teeth are really sore and loose.

animations don't lie
[Image: Jennifer_Animation.gif] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

these aren't my teeth

Edited By Galt on 1066861562

- GonzoStyle - 10-23-2003

That's amazing, I couldn't stop staring at that.

how much does something like that cost?

- Galt - 10-23-2003

$7500

- GonzoStyle - 10-24-2003

thats a fuckin car, fuck that noise.

- HedCold - 10-24-2003

my bottom teeth are like bull dog teeth

- GonzoStyle - 10-24-2003

My teeth are horrible but for 7,500, no thanks.