CDIH
Ok, So I just saw the new Clay Aiken music video - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Ok, So I just saw the new Clay Aiken music video (/showthread.php?tid=7765)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Jays - 11-12-2003

Christ, that was the gayest thing I have ever seen. You guys might have been on to something.

- diceisgod - 11-12-2003

Never seen it but I agree with you

- Faceman - 11-12-2003

The Jays Wrote:Christ, that was the gayest thing I have ever seen. You guys might have been on to something.
At what point in the video did you forget you could actually change the channel? Or was it more of a train wreck effect where you had to see how bad it really could get?

Edited By Faceman on 1068609048

- The Jays - 11-12-2003

Quote:At what point in the video did you forget you could actually change the channel? Or was it more of a train wreck effect where you had to see how bad it really could get?

Being the Clay-maniac that I am, I just had to check out the video on mtv.com. I did, and it was gay, but because I'm very secure in my sexuality, I stayed tuned just to see how gay it could get. It got as gay as it could get without Clay going down on the guitarist.

- Faceman - 11-12-2003

The Jays Wrote:
Quote:At what point in the video did you forget you could actually change the channel? Or was it more of a train wreck effect where you had to see how bad it really could get?

Being the Clay-maniac that I am, I just had to check out the video on mtv.com. I did, and it was gay, but because I'm very secure in my sexuality, I stayed tuned just to see how gay it could get. It got as gay as it could get without Clay going down on the guitarist.
You just having the thought about clay going down on his guitarist makes me worry about your sexuality. Normal people don't have those thoughts, but then again, we don't live in normal times

- GonzoStyle - 11-12-2003

was it atleast an original song?

- The Jays - 11-12-2003

Yes, it is an original song, just as the whole album is original.

- Black Lazerus - 11-12-2003

Quote:Being the Clay-maniac

they should add that to your status. fag

- Galt - 11-12-2003

He doesn't write his own music. He doesn't write his own lyrics. He's not an artist or musician.

- The Jays - 11-12-2003

Is singing not music? Can't someone just be a good singer? Is it wrong to simply appreciate the ability to sing well?

In terms of not writing his own music or lyrics, actors are the same way. They rarely write their own movies that they are starring in, and they rarely direct the movies they star in? And, those movies are not automatically good just because they have done so. But there are actors who do not write and who do not direct, but they are artists because they can act well. They can see the meaning behind the words, and they can act their scene and communicate the emotions, desires, and feelings that the director wishes to show.
A singer can do the same. They can take the words of the song, the music of the song, and communicate the feelings and ideas that the producer and songwriter wish to show. And there's a beauty in that, in a singer communicating a feeling in a series of words that someone else wrote, of the ability to say what someone's else is trying to say.

- Galt - 11-12-2003

you are exactly correct about the comparison between actors and singers.

Actors are not talented in any way shape or form. The play make pretend for a living.

Singers are more talented in that they at least have a talent. But the fact that they aren't creative enough to express their own feelings makes them less a talent than people who can write, play, and sing.

- Faceman - 11-12-2003

I liked galt better when he was funny

- The Jays - 11-12-2003

How come they have to write their own music to express their own feelings? Can a person not draw from their own experiences, see the parallels, and use their feelings as a method to express a song? The idea of "making a song your own"? In a way, it says, "Yeah, I've felt the same way before, and many others have felt the same way", which is why it becomes pop music. And it makes the time when a person finally writes their own music as special as it is, because it happens when a singer says "I never felt this way before, and I've never seen it expressed before, so let me do this song which communicates these unique feelings."

A singer grows, they learn to express their own feelings in another's words, and then they learn to express in both words, music and song.

I feel it is creative to be able to use your own feelings to express another's.

- Galt - 11-12-2003

Come on? Are you drawing comparisons between people like Clay Aitken and people like Sting, Dylan, Lennon, and Dave Matthews?

- The Jays - 11-12-2003

How are they dissimiliar?

- Galt - 11-12-2003

because three of them write and composed brilliant heartfelt music; one of them writes junior high poetry. And one of them can't even do that

- Black Lazerus - 11-12-2003

The Jays Wrote:How come they have to write their own music to express their own feelings? Can a person not draw from their own experiences, see the parallels, and use their feelings as a method to express a song? The idea of "making a song your own"? In a way, it says, "Yeah, I've felt the same way before, and many others have felt the same way", which is why it becomes pop music. And it makes the time when a person finally writes their own music as special as it is, because it happens when a singer says "I never felt this way before, and I've never seen it expressed before, so let me do this song which communicates these unique feelings."

A singer grows, they learn to express their own feelings in another's words, and then they learn to express in both words, music and song.

I feel it is creative to be able to use your own feelings to express another's.
Because If a singer dosen't write his/her own music they have no emotional ties to the song.
Plus from having family in the biz anyone can sing now with all the tricks they use in the studio.

- The Sleeper - 11-12-2003

not writing your own music is totally bunk

- Galt - 11-12-2003

it is also wack.

- The Jays - 11-13-2003

Quote:Because If a singer dosen't write his/her own music they have no emotional ties to the song.

Next time, read beyond the first sentance, and then respond.