CDIH
does thiis sound like an easy or hard job? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: does thiis sound like an easy or hard job? (/showthread.php?tid=7767)

Pages: 1 2

- The Sleeper - 11-12-2003

Program Description: Get Out There and Play (GOTAP) is Pepsi’s nationwide program that incorporates the youth skills competitions of Major League Baseball, the National Football League and Major League Soccer. Pepsi’s goal is to promote an active and healthy lifestyle by encouraging kids to participate in sports.

Pepsi will bring the GOTAP program to 1,200 Wal-Marts from January -September, 2004. The Wal-Mart program will showcase baseball, football and soccer skills by creating a “retailtainment” parking lot event that features sports cages (i.e. a pitching cage). The program is provided by Pepsi and managed by Genesco Sports Entertainment Activation (GSEA). Genesco is responsible for recruiting and training the on-site labor for the program that it sources from local organizations such as the YMCA, High Schools, Boy Scouts and Boys & Girls Clubs.

Job Description: The Get Out There & Play Event Coordinator’s primary responsibility will be to source local labor for each GOTAP Event at Wal-Mart. The coordinator will get staffing leads from Wal-Mart Community Involvement Managers, Pepsi Bottlers, and by looking up local organizations on the internet. Once the GOTAP Coordinator has confirmed staffing for each event, it will be his/her responsibility to maintain constant contact with that group until the event has been successfully run and all post-event paperwork has been completed.

Responsibilities:

·Hire local labor and stay in constant communication with staff
·Ensure staff gets properly trained via scheduled training call
·Verify delivery of GOTAP equipment to Wal-Mart Store
·Communicate details to local staff such as Wal-Mart contact and location of equipment
·Complete follow-up report for each event
·Complete and deliver reports in a timely manner

- diceisgod - 11-12-2003

Half of the responsibilities involve dealing with other people. I'd pass.

yea the big reason i'm interested in it is i'd get my foot in the door at a sports marketing agency, which is like my dream career, but this job seems like a lot of work. I dunno.

- Hybrid - 11-12-2003

my uncle just stopped working for pepsi. he works for wrigleys as of last friday i think.

- Galt - 11-12-2003

Do you enjoy travelling throughout the country to 1,200 Podunk towns in USA? Mostly in Hickville USA, since Walmart's business model is based on them not being in major cities?

Do you like scraping the bottom of the barrel and sifting through the boarderline-literate unemployed, and hiring them to work for a day?

Do you like having to spell out every action to these people so they know what to do and don't kill your career since everything rests on your shoulders?

Do you like having to hound these people to make sure they all show up on time, bathed, dressed, while also monitoring that they actually do work and don't steal stuff or rob/rape the children there?

Genesco is a mafia-run organization.

- Velociti - 11-12-2003

so that would be a negative, right?

- Galt - 11-12-2003

If you take the job, you should definitely recruit at work-release programs and half-way houses for pedopheliacs

- GonzoStyle - 11-12-2003

Quote:Genesco is a mafia-run organization.

Like Genco Olive Oil Co. In 'The Godfather'?

- Galt - 11-12-2003

that's why I thinked of it.

- GonzoStyle - 11-12-2003

Genco was a good man though, he wasn't in the mob, he actually made olive oil.

Then michael gives joey zaza the company in part 3, what the fuck!!!!

- IrishAlkey - 11-12-2003

You should start out delivering pizza.

- Galt - 11-12-2003

It vexes me terribly that Sleeper has yet to respond

yea I'm not applying

I see you being successful in the message board ownership field.

Or maybe as mailman...

- The Jays - 11-12-2003

I would love to see Sleeper own a message board. That oughta be an episode.

Saved by the Server

- diceisgod - 11-12-2003

:rofl:

- The Jays - 11-12-2003

I can hear the theme song right now.

- Galt - 11-12-2003

and shouldn't Sleeper be deciding his choice of careers on "is this a fun or boring job" rather than "is this easy or hard"?

yes I want a fun career, which was why I was considering applying here. Even if this job wouldn't be that fun, hopefully it would be easy and get me into a sports marketing agency which if things worked out, would be a fun career for me.