CDIH
Et- the release - Are you going to view? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Et- the release - Are you going to view? (/showthread.php?tid=779)

Pages: 1 2

- IkeaBoy - 03-14-2002

ET is being released next week and I'm wondering if anyone is planning on seeing it. Me personally I'm not. Not just because I have no intention on seeing it anyway but because of the changes being made. We all know about the guns-to-walkie talkie situation which is just disgusting (nice pride in your work Stevie). But I also read about 2 other changes which bother me as well- a Dee Wallace Stone line about looking like a terrorist during trick or treat is changed to looking like a hippie, and I also recently read, though I'm not sure how real it is since it's one of the movie's most famous lines, that the 'penis-breath' line is being removed because it's "too vulgar."

- Arthur Dent - 03-14-2002

I won't even rent this travesty. If it's on cable or tv for free I might check it out just to see how bad it really is, but he won't get my money for this.

- BeckyDC - 03-14-2002

I bout the movie..but yeah..I'd see it.

- Faceman - 03-14-2002

Show of hands...Im the only one who saw this movie in the theaters the first time it was around, aren't I?

- Skitchr4u - 03-14-2002

::raises hand::

- Danked - 03-14-2002

Faceman Wrote:Show of hands...Im the only one who saw this movie in the theaters the first time it was around, aren't I?
Are you asking us to raise our hands if we agree with you or if we saw it the first time around?

You are teh confoosing.

- PatCooper - 03-14-2002

I saw the orginal in the theater when it first came out. And i have a funny feeling my girlfriend is gonna drag my ass to see the re-release.

- Sean Cold - 03-14-2002

PatCooper Wrote:I saw the orginal in the theater when it first came out. And i have a funny feeling my girlfriend is gonna drag my ass to see the re-release.
Yeah, girlfriends can be bitches like that! :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

:::raises hand:::

Yeah, saw it as a kid, no need to watch it again.

- PatCooper - 03-14-2002

Quote:Yeah, girlfriends can be bitches like that

Your words....Not mine my friend Rolleyes
But really i can think of some other movies which would be a real drag to see with the lady.

- Sean Cold - 03-14-2002

PatCooper Wrote:But really i can think of some other movies which would be a real drag to see with the lady.
SHHHHHHHH

she might be peaking.

I thought ET sucked when I was a kid so i can't imagine me liking it now.

- shotgirl - 03-15-2002

Quote:Im the only one who saw this movie in the theaters the first time it was around, aren't I?
thats the only time i saw it as well-when it was first released in theaters. and i really don't remember a damn thing about it. I don't know if i even liked it.

- crx girl - 03-15-2002

i saw it in the theatre too, my daddy took me to see it. i also watched it once in french class, that was kinda funny. but, i have no intention of seeing it, and i think speilberg is a pathetic little pc pussy for changing it. although, i guess if i had kids, i'd probably end up taking them to see it.

- Arthur Dent - 03-15-2002

I saw it in the theater as a kid. I enjoyed it. Especially the part where E.T. gets drunk and Eliott gets drunk in school at the same time. Or the Yoda reference.

But I still won't pay to see Spielberg butcher his own work. It's like Davinchi coming back and painting a bigger smile on the Mona Lisa.

- Banana_juice - 03-15-2002

Quote:Show of hands...Im the only one who saw this movie in the theaters the first time it was around, aren't I?

raises hand. i saw it in the theaters. didnt like it then. wont like it now either.

- Kim - 03-16-2002

Busted!

Quote:And i have a funny feeling my girlfriend is gonna drag my ass to see the re-release.

you're psychic huh... :p

Quote:Yeah, girlfriends can be bitches like that!

Yes we can!!! :roflmao:

I saw this movie the first time around -- We're all old...

- LZMF1 - 03-16-2002

Faceman Wrote:Show of hands...Im the only one who saw this movie in the theaters the first time it was around, aren't I?
i saw it at the triplex movie theatre in morristown.

that theatre is no longer there it was just recently razed and some office buildings are up in its place.

- PatCooper - 03-16-2002

Quote:Posted on Mar. 16 2002,3:48
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Busted!

And i have a funny feeling my girlfriend is gonna drag my ass to see the re-release.

you're psychic huh...

Yeah, girlfriends can be bitches like that!

Yes we can!!!

Honey i think you misunderstood. I was talking about my other girlfriend. The one no one knows about......shhhhhhh

- virgingrrl - 03-18-2002

Quote:I saw this movie the first time around -- We're all old...

old? not me, i was only a year old when this came out the first time :p and yes i will go see it

- LZMF1 - 03-18-2002

virgingrrl Wrote:not me, i was only a year old when this came out the first time :p and yes i will go see it
so that makes me roughly 10 years older than you!!!

dammit................thanks for making me feel old.

- Arpikarhu - 03-18-2002

i never understood all the hoopla for a long reeses pieces commercial. this movie was sentimental slop when it came out and i for one am not interested.