CDIH
Video Rental Dilemma - Need Gonzo's Advice - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Video Rental Dilemma - Need Gonzo's Advice (/showthread.php?tid=7797)

- Keyser Soze - 11-17-2003

I rented Punch Drunk Love at Hollywood video about 3 months back. I returned it but forgot to put the disc back in when I returned it. I looked inside quickly and thought I had put it back in but realized later that was the bonus disk I had never removed.

Today I get a letter saying I owe them 70 bucks and they just want the money, not the DVD.

What should I do???

- Galt - 11-17-2003

Call them up and say you'll give them back the disks if they forgive the debt.

Otherwise, you're not paying them $70 for a $20 disk that's bullshit. They want to send it to collection, it doesn't matter.

So one way they'll get no money and no disk. One way they'll get no money and a disk

- The Jays - 11-17-2003

Pay the $70 and next time check and make sure you've returned all dvd's in the rental case. Or you can just see what happens if you don't pay them back. They have rules, you broke them, lesson learned.

- Galt - 11-17-2003

deny it.

- Weird NJ - 11-17-2003

Did you return it after 3 months or did they finally take notice after 3 months? If it's the latter, call and talk to the manager and tell them that someone didn't do their job and check to see if the disc was in the box and that they should be fired.... blah, blah..blah. Other wise I'm sure $70 equals 3 months of late fees.

- Keyser Soze - 11-17-2003

typical jays response. gay.

- HedCold - 11-17-2003

i can't wait to see how gonzo compares you to dirty jews from this

- The Sleeper - 11-18-2003

this would never happen if you stuck with VHS. Lesson learned!

- GonzoStyle - 11-18-2003

Honestly, don't ignore it because they will send it to collections but it will be with a credit bureau and you dont wanna fuck up your credit.

What I would suggest is either deny the whole thing and say you returned it. Or say that you didn't recieve a call and will not pay late fees cause it took them 3 months to send you a letter.

We get this all the time, most times we split the late fees with the customer. Only difference is at blockbuster the late fees stop after 2 weeks and they just total out the late fees for 2 weeks and the movie, if the movie is returned then they pay the late fees which get cut off after 2 weeks.

But we are required to call if there is either a mismatch, or the case is empty and leave a message atleast. Then call back within 3 days again if there was no reply.

But the thing is BB is authorized to remove all fees from the credit card which is on file with the persons account, so if you have a card on file becareful.

I'd go with the deny since they can't prove it and they dont want the hassle, the managers usually just credit it all off and forget the whole deal. Or ask for the number of the district leader if they start getting snippy with you, they do NOT want you calling the DM's, because DM's dont care and will take care of it for you most times and then bother the store manager.

Oh and never do this around me cause I will end you.

- The Sleeper - 11-18-2003

collections? DM's? what the shit is all of this?

- HedCold - 11-18-2003

GonzoStyle Wrote:Oh and never do this around me cause I will end you.
add something about him being like a dirty jew

- QuickStop - 11-18-2003

deny it...it works with everything....i denied $50 worth of dvds from columbiahouse...haha. i was like "I DIDN'T ORDER THESE GOD DAMN THINGS, AND I NEVER EVEN GOT THEM! STOP SENDING ME BILLS!" ....voila...4 free dvds...

i also accidently kept the gran turismo 2 sim mode disc from BB like 5 years ago

- diceisgod - 11-18-2003

Tell the Dm that you'll crack his head open. And when he gets out of his coma and you get out of prison you'll crack his head open again.

diceisgod Wrote:Tell the Dm that you'll crack his head open. And when he gets out of his coma and you get out of prison you'll crack his head open again.
and add then end it off with

"cause i'm stupid, I don't give a fuck about jail"

- Keyser Soze - 11-18-2003

thank you gonzo for your sage advice. can you call them for me? you sound mean and surly and could talk circles around them

- Mad - 11-18-2003

Keyser Soze Wrote:thank you gonzo for your sage advice. can you call them for me? you sound mean and surly and could talk circles around them
Sure, he'll do it for $100. Rolleyes

- crx girl - 11-19-2003

fight your own battles, pussy

- Keyser Soze - 11-19-2003

that hurt me deeply