CDIH
In this thread - I clean burrito off my keyboard - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: In this thread - I clean burrito off my keyboard (/showthread.php?tid=7895)

- Galt - 12-03-2003

x cc c ccc xxcfgdcfvcdfvcdedsxzzxczczxcfdsddfs jmnmmboiuikjeeeweewewewewewewqeqewqewqeqeqweqeqsssassdcdxdzczxczxxczxcz xzzxszxz

- The Sleeper - 12-03-2003

my keyboard has been dirty for a while now. That shit is hard to clean without messing with the keys.

- HedCold - 12-03-2003

what kind of burrito?

- Kid Afrika - 12-03-2003

I found a simple way to clean my keyboards...

1. Pop off all of the keys.
2. Put the keys in a bowl about twice the size you would think you would need.
3. Add a little bit of dishwashing liquid to the bowl.
4. Run hot water into the bowl for about 3 - 5 minutes.
5. While the keys are "washing", turn your keyboard upside-down and bang the bottom edge on your table or desk to get out all the loose debris.
6. Strain the water.
7. Dump the keys on to a towel and wrap them up.
8. Shake vigorously for several minutes to dry the keys.
9. Let the keys sit on the towel, but unwrapped until fully dry.
10. Replace the keys on your keyboard in the proper locations.

Note, you may want to take a picture of your keyboard before you take off all the keys. It'll be a lot easier than trying to remember where every key goes.

- Goatweed - 12-03-2003

or just buy another keyboard for $10.

- Galt - 12-03-2003

switch the N and M keys on people. It's funny!!!

I did that to a guy I worked with, and for three days he was convinced his computer was broken. He ended up calling in the IT services people, they had someone there. I watched the whole thing!

- Danked - 12-03-2003

I just use compressed air to get the cigerette ash out once in awhile. Spilled Coke on it once and had to pop the keys out and wash the inside with a wet q-tip. It's built in a way so any liquid doesn't get into the very guts of the keyboard and fuck it up if you spill.

Now Goatweed will warn me again about the hazards of smoking near my computer....

Quote:or just buy another keyboard for $10.
Yeah, except I use an ergonomic multimedia keyboard that's a bit more than $10. Which reminds me, I should go get a new one soon... gotta luv the warranty that Best Buy sells. $7 and I get a new keyboard whenever I want for 2 years.

- Goatweed - 12-03-2003

Quote:Now Goatweed will warn me again about the hazards of smoking near my computer....

YOU'RE A BAD BAD MAN!!!! FOR SHAME!!!!

- crx girl - 12-03-2003

what about a laptop? i have a can of air but i'm scared to blow it on my laptop. i think the important stuff is all under there and i might fuck it all up and am i really seeing chia pet commecials?

- HedCold - 12-03-2003

Quote:and am i really seeing chia pet commecials?
it makes a great gift!

- crx girl - 12-03-2003

so i hear

You can use compressed air to clean your laptop. The important stuff is usually protected by a metal plate to which the keyboard is mounted. However, be sure to hold the compressed air can upright when spraying and it's a good idea to spray it into the air first to be sure no liquid comes out. Although, I don't think the liquid would really harm your keyboard, it's better to be safe than sorry.

- Hybrid - 12-03-2003

my black keyboard is so disgustingly dirty. its got white spots all over it from spilling milk on it. Undecided at least it still works perfectly and doesnt stick or anything.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 12-03-2003

U SURE ITS NOT JIZ?!?!

- Goatweed - 12-03-2003

throw it in the dishwasher and let it dry overnight - it'll work fine the next day - seriously, I saw it on TV once.

- Hybrid - 12-03-2003

it's not jiz.