CDIH
Kazza Lite K++ - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Kazza Lite K++ (/showthread.php?tid=7994)

Pages: 1 2

- diceisgod - 12-15-2003

Why does my computer run so slowly when I have KL++ running and I'm trying to surf the internet and how might I fix it?

- diceisgod - 12-15-2003

And another thing: Why is it that when I try to move certain files around into different folders I get this error message.

[Image: error.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

I understand how I might get this message if someone is downloading from me but this happens to certain files even if I don't even have Kazaa running. Wtf is up with that?

- QuickStop - 12-15-2003

i have no idea why that pops up but it does. usually if you wait like 5 minutes itll go away. and the reason it runs slow is because your pc suXorz!!1!!11!

- Mad - 12-15-2003

You machine has been taken over...

- diceisgod - 12-15-2003

No, my machine is quite fine thank you. It ran very well for quite some time when I first got Kazaa and now all of a sudden it seems that it's "clogged up" or something. It might be because I have a lot more stuff that's being shared but I don't really know. I cleared out the shared file a little to see if that helps. And that pop up message happens EVERYTIME to that particular file and a couple others. They are stuck where they are, and 5 or 50 minutes from now they will still be stuck. Very puzzling.

- Keyser Soze - 12-15-2003

awaiting inevitable "you use kazaa!!!!!!!??!??!" replies

- Galt - 12-15-2003

why do all filesharing programs suck balls?

- diceisgod - 12-15-2003

K++ was pretty fucking sweet til it started giving me shit recently. I only got it because I can't find movies on Soulseek.

- QuickStop - 12-15-2003

learn IRC and get bittorrent. i just downloaded Lost in Translation last night off bittorrent

- Goatweed - 12-15-2003

DIG :

first off, make sure KL isnt running in the background (CTRL-ALT-DEL; if you see anything that looks like kazaalite in the description, end the process). Also make sure that KL is not set to startup at boot.

Chances are these files you cant move are files you didnt finish downloading - make sure all processes within KL are killed (they should be). Also, people could be downloading these files from you while youre connected, which would cause Windows to prevent you from deleting them - if anyone is leeching them, kill their connection and close KL - then delete said files.

If I were you, I'd run a virus scan and run Spybot to get rid of any possible bullshit apps that might be slowing you down.

If after all this you're not moving faster or you still cant delete those files, I would recommend smadhing your fist through the monitor.

- HedCold - 12-15-2003

i get the file thing to and i only have dc++ running sometimes. just like what quickstop said it goes away after a while

and any version of kazaa i ever used in the past always slowed up my computer when it runs. its just a resource hog

- Goatweed - 12-15-2003

Quote:learn IRC and get bittorrent.

IRC is great, torrent is alright but only for recent files - if you try to get older stuff it can take forever.

- Keyser Soze - 12-15-2003

bittorrent has always been painfully slow in my experience.

- QuickStop - 12-15-2003

bittorrent is usually what i go to after trying irc and not being able to get it....like lost in translation

- Goatweed - 12-15-2003

are you using a router? if so, you need to open ports - once I did that, it moved really fast (but again, only for recent files)

- diceisgod - 12-15-2003

Anyway I cleared out my shared folder and now things are running good again...for now. There's probably a way to set a certain amount of bandwidth for downloaders (as opposed to unlimited, which I believe mine is set at) but until I figure that out (how to do it and what a reasonable rate is) I'm gonna be a freeloader.

- Goatweed - 12-15-2003

does your phone ring every time you startup KL?

- diceisgod - 12-15-2003

You're like a time bomb, in that, after a certain period of time you do or say something stupid.

- Goatweed - 12-15-2003

so that's a yes?

- diceisgod - 12-15-2003

You forgot: "BOOM!"