CDIH
ensure - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: ensure (/showthread.php?tid=7996)

- Galt - 12-16-2003

Is the same word as "insure"!!!

freaky.

Why don't they just settle on one. Every other word has one way to spell it.

- Goatweed - 12-16-2003

I thought this was about that stuff old people drink.

- Gooch - 12-16-2003

something is in goaty'd cupboard. Wink

- Keyser Soze - 12-16-2003

BMS makes it.

- Paper Boy - 12-16-2003

Goatweed Wrote:I thought this was about that stuff old people drink.
ensure is some good shit. i used to work at a hospital and i drank it all the time. tastes just like a milkshake. i highly reccomend it. i spelled that wrong, didn't I?

- Kid Afrika - 12-16-2003

I think you ensure results and insure property or health/life

- diceisgod - 12-16-2003

"Assuring" has the word for buttocks in it.

- Keyser Soze - 12-16-2003

in·sure ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-shr)
v. in·sured, in·sur·ing, in·sures
v. tr.

To provide or arrange insurance for: a company that insures homeowners and businesses.
To acquire or have insurance for: insured herself against losses; insured his car for theft.
To make sure, certain, or secure. See Usage Note at assure.

v. intr.
To buy or sell insurance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English ensuren, to assure, from Old French enseurer, possibly variant of assurer. See assure.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in·sura·bili·ty n.
in·sura·ble adj.

en·sure ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-shr)
tr.v. en·sured, en·sur·ing, en·sures
To make sure or certain; insure: Our precautions ensured our safety. See Usage Note at assure.

[Middle English ensuren, from Anglo-Norman enseurer : Old French en-, causative pref.; see en-1 + Old French seur, secure, variant of sur; see sure.]

[Buy it]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

ensure

Insure \In"sure\, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Insured; p. pr. & vb. n. Insuring.] [OE. ensuren, prob. for assuren, by a change of prefix. See 1st In-, and Sure, and cf. Assure, Ensure.] [Written also ensure.] 1. To make sure or secure; as, to insure safety to any one.

2. Specifically, to secure against a loss by a contingent event, on certain stipulated conditions, or at a given rate or premium; to give or to take an insurance on or for; as, a merchant insures his ship or its cargo, or both, against the dangers of the sea; goods and buildings are insured against fire or water; persons are insured against sickness, accident, or death; and sometimes hazardous debts are insured.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

ensure

\En*sure"\, v. t. 1. To make sure. See Insure.

2. To betroth. [Obs.] --Sir T. More.

Source: Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

ensure

v 1: make certain of; "This nest egg will ensure a nice retirement for us"; "Preparation will guarantee success!" [syn: guarantee, insure, assure, secure] 2: be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "He verified that the valves were closed"; "See that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product" [syn: see, check, insure, see to it, control, ascertain, assure]

Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University

- The Sleeper - 12-16-2003

Paper Boy Wrote:
Goatweed Wrote:I thought this was about that stuff old people drink.
ensure is some good shit. i used to work at a hospital and i drank it all the time. tastes just like a milkshake. i highly reccomend it. i spelled that wrong, didn't I?
I don't think I have had it, but any shake like that is great (Slim Fast, Nutrawhatever)

- Goatweed - 12-16-2003

Slim Fast has been known to cause kidney stones (or gall stones, it's one of them) over prolonged consumption.

i'd still do the slim fast diet if i was fat. those shakes are amazing

- Goatweed - 12-16-2003

I considered trying it before I heard about the stones-thing. The problem is they're so good, I'd probably have 4 of them when I should only have 1.

They're really expensive, too.

yep, i buy them at the deli. $2 for a 12 oz can. Worth it on occassion though.

- Goatweed - 12-16-2003

just don't drink too many, I don't wanna have to worry about you.

don't worry about me, heroin takes up way too much of my funds to afford too many slim fast shakes.