CDIH
return of the king - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: return of the king (/showthread.php?tid=8008)

Pages: 1 2

- QuickStop - 12-17-2003

i just got home from the midnight showing...wow...awesome...

only one thing wrong with it...the movie ended 20 minutes before it was over. other than that....amazing

- crack hitler - 12-17-2003

oh damn, i though maybe arpi was coming back and that was what you were proclaiming. Undecided

- Keyser Soze - 12-17-2003

not so much.

- crx girl - 12-17-2003

i'm working every night for the next 5 days, i have to wait til after xmas to see it

- IrishAlkey - 12-17-2003

How did the movie end 20 minutes before it was over?

What does that mean?

- Keyser Soze - 12-17-2003

<!-- spoilerKillit --><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left"><font color="#000000" size="1">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):</font>
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#ffffff" valign="middle" align="left"><font color="#ffffff" size="1"><!-- spoilerKillitEnd --><!--txtStart-->i hear every time you think its over, its not. this occurs like 5 times at the end of the flick.<!--txtEnd--><!-- spoilerKillit --></td></tr></table><!-- spoilerKillitEnd -->

- QuickStop - 12-18-2003

you are correct keyser

- PlasticMan - 12-19-2003

Quote:How did the movie end 20 minutes before it was over?

What does that mean?
A climactic battle, everyone smiles and cries, the music swells, the screen fades to black...then it fades back in again.

- Danked - 12-19-2003

Anyone who read the book shouldn't be surprised.

- GonzoStyle - 12-21-2003

Danked Wrote:Anyone who read the book shouldn't be surprised.
Read? Here?

These people get all antsy when someone posts more than 1 paragraph.

- The Jays - 12-21-2003

Tell me about it.

- Goatweed - 12-21-2003

:rofl:

- QuickStop - 12-21-2003

some fucking people have no patience at all. christ..how long does it take to read 5 lines???

- fbd - 12-21-2003

it ended three times, yes...but it needed at least another half hour at the end. i'm not gonna say what, but something happens between the crowning and the ship. something big. something that takes about a half hour

Quote:something that takes about a half hour

Jays to write one of his magnificent stories.

- The Jays - 12-21-2003

Hey, not my fault that Peter Jackson worships the ground I walk upon.

The ring was just a metaphor for your greatness, which everyone wanted to attain but no one could ever fully grasp due to their inept minds.

- Gooch - 12-21-2003

damn..i always thought it was a metaphor for sin.

- Goatweed - 12-22-2003

I saw this movie yesterday - it exceeded every expectation I had for it. And yeah, there were cuts made to it but there were cuts made to all of the films, but I think Jackson held as true as he could to Tolkien's ideals, considering when he made this (and the other 2 parts) the studio was really taking a huge risk.

I can't remember the last time I left a movie theater feeling awed like I did yesterday.

- criticslovesnatch - 12-23-2003

saw it yesterday...great movie, enjoyed it very much. Even though I got up thinking i had watched an extended edition...god knows how long this movie is gonna be on the dvd.