CDIH
All day today - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: All day today (/showthread.php?tid=8052)

Pages: 1 2

- Galt - 12-23-2003

I will keep you updated with things that the guy next to me does that drives me insane.

* He breathes through his nose really heavily. You can hear him panting. He's doing that now.
* Earlier he was rubbing his nose. It's kind of like picking it, but not really penetrating the nostril, just rubbing under in. But he makes a huge ordeal about it. I try not to look at him when he does it, but I can tell when he hits his glasses and it makes an unmistakable ping. His nose also makes a clicky nose as he rubs it and the mucus moves around.
* Now he's talking on the phone and you can tell when he makes personal calls because he puts his hand over the mouthpiece like he's talking about national security.
* I believe he may only have two shirts. He either wears a pink or a yellow shirt. That's it
* He's the only other guy who is going through training with me so we are supposed to be comrades and buddies and all, but I hope he gets fired.
* For the time being, he is reading and not annoying me any longer.

I will keep you posted throughout the day <font color=white>

Edited By Galt on 1072184422

- Galt - 12-23-2003

He is the most gullible person I've ever met. Corky Thatcher was more discernable. No matter what I tell him, he believes it. It was funny for a while, but now it's just sad and annoying

- The Jays - 12-23-2003

I wonder if he's posting somewhere about the things you are doing that annoy him.

- Galt - 12-23-2003

yeah, maybe on his Princeton alumni messageboard with all the other people who eat with their mouths open and clean their ears out with their pinky

- The Jays - 12-23-2003

oh jesus, fuck what ever degree or previous experience this dude has, that dude needs to learn some fucking manners. That shit is just fucking wrong and disgusting. I hate people who chew their food like fucking 10 year olds.

- Black Lazerus - 12-23-2003

That guy has upper management written all over him.
Mark my words he will be your boss one day.

- Galt - 12-23-2003

looks like I picked the wrong day to do this thread. He's been gone for an hour now. I'm in heaven, but this thread is subpar.

- Galt - 12-23-2003

He doesn't cover his mouth when he coughs. Not the big whooping coughs. He covers those. But he has this little burst of a cough and he just stands there staring at his computer and doesn't cover his mouth. Or I'll be talking to him and he'll cough and not even attempt to divert his cough. He'll just stare me in the eye and cough in my face.

He also has some post-nasal drip where he'll make this noise like he's cleaning his sinuses/throat/nasal passages whatever. But I know what it is, and we'll be talking and he'll do that, and my face will just cringe. Once I was in the middle of a sentence and said "that's disgusting by the way" and he acknowledged that it was, and so instead of swallowing it this time, he spit it in the trash.

He has stupid hair. Real thin hair. Not bald in any way, but I'd guess you could say it's receeding a bit. He has that hair where it parts it on one side, and he has that big curvy poofy thing that goes up in the front of his hair. But by the end of the day, he's had his hands in his hair scratching and such and so his hair is just all over the place and looks like he's a bum.

- Goatweed - 12-23-2003

I can imagine what Galt said to his non-message board friends after meeting us those few weeks ago...

- Galt - 12-23-2003

Nary a soul knows about it.

And to be honest, you people weren't weird at all. The weirdest thing that happened that night was when I stabbed the railing with a fork.

Sleeper does have a kinda awkward look to him when he laughs, but all in all everyone was nice, and normal and friendly.

Edited By Galt on 1072194449

- Keyser Soze - 12-23-2003

I had this guy working for me just up until today who drove me nuts as well.

*He is the kind of person who likes to tap you when he is trying to make a point. Like he will tap your arm or your shoulder and say something stupid like, "doggone it, thats what i was thinking"

*He has a midwestern drawl and often over emphasizes the syllables in words. Like com-pu-ter or im-a-ging.

*He constantly gets peoples names wrong even after he's been corrected several times.

*He feels the need to update me every minute on every project.

*He's the type of person who sincerely wants to help but doesnt have the capacity to remember what i taught him or figure things out on his own so its a constant battle to drill things into his head.

*He's old, he has hair coming out his ears. His eyes are bloodshot and he eats a disturbing amount of tic tacs.

- Galt - 12-23-2003

he just cleaned out his ears with his finger.

- Goatweed - 12-23-2003

did he eat it too?

- Galt - 12-23-2003

He is quite lazy. He's always looking for the easy way out. Always wants his projects to get delayed. Always wants to know when the bosses leave so he can leave. Always wants to know what the exact minimum is so he can skate buy. Always finds busy work to do instead of work (yes, like I'm doing now). But the first day here he spent all his time setting up his voicemail, his email signature, getting his desk all set up, and stuff taped around it. But the thing is; none of that is needed. We don't get any phone calls, we don't get or send any emails. We sit and read for the next six months.

- Keyser Soze - 12-23-2003

What does he have taped on his desk?

- Galt - 12-23-2003

seating charts, phone lists, stuff about the stocks we cover.... really no need to have them there. He likes it, not a big deal. Just the point that he looks for anything to do other than actual work.

He also has a jar of mixed nuts in his drawer. instead of droping the nuts in his mouth like most people do from above, or possible tossing them in his mouth, he holds them in his fingers and sticks four fingers in his mouth. Then he wipes his fingers on his shirt or his pants. He also eats them with his mouth open and chomps constantly. Then he takes his finger (the same one that was just in his ear 10 minutes ago) and cleans the mixed nut bits out of his mouth. We have free bottled water. Get a bottle of water and wash them down!!!

After he's cleaned out the big bits off his teeth, he then uses his tongue and I can hear and see out of the corner of my eye as his face contorts and makes noises as he tries to suck the other pieces from out of his gapped teeth.

- Goatweed - 12-23-2003

this guy sounds like a real winner - there's a woman here that eats peanuts every day, but never offers to share them (those honey roasted ones) and the smell wafts through the room - she keeps them guarded, so its obvious she doesn't want anyone else to have them.

- Black Lazerus - 12-23-2003

Galt Wrote:seating charts, phone lists, stuff about the stocks we cover.... really no need to have them there. He likes it, not a big deal. Just the point that he looks for anything to do other than actual work.

He also has a jar of mixed nuts in his drawer. instead of droping the nuts in his mouth like most people do from above, or possible tossing them in his mouth, he holds them in his fingers and sticks four fingers in his mouth. Then he wipes his fingers on his shirt or his pants. He also eats them with his mouth open and chomps constantly. Then he takes his finger (the same one that was just in his ear 10 minutes ago) and cleans the mixed nut bits out of his mouth. We have free bottled water. Get a bottle of water and wash them down!!!

After he's cleaned out the big bits off his teeth, he then uses his tongue and I can hear and see out of the corner of my eye as his face contorts and makes noises as he tries to suck the other pieces from out of his gapped teeth.
5 bucks says eddie thinks this is hot.

- Galt - 12-23-2003

Holy shit!

He just brought back lunch. He's eating at his desk. I am going to throw up. I can see all his teeth as he eats. And he's chomping all over the place. This is honestly disturbing. How does anyone go through life like this.

- Mad - 12-23-2003

You should find out what his food allergies are and buy him a special "lunch".