CDIH
The Top 10 Threads of all time! - the official list! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: The Top 10 Threads of all time! - the official list! (/showthread.php?tid=8124)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

The Top 10 Threads of all time! - the official list! - The Sleeper - 12-31-2003

As CDIH nears its 2 year anniversary, I thought we could reflect on out great history by looking at some of our best moments. So here is the official top 10 threads of CDIH's past 2 years decided on by our mods. Like any list, no one will agree fully, and you can feel free to voice your opinion on what you thought belonged and didn't belong. So blah blah here it is:

10) <a href="http://forums.colddayinhell.net/viewtopic.php?t=1395&highlight=hedfag">Hey hedfag!</a>

This epic battle between myself and Hedcold had everything: name-calling, lots of quoting, people having a life outside of the board, Maynard. What more could you want?

9) No Bar 9 for me, Roger said so

After DIG took down oa.com, this was the aftermath. Roger was furious, most of us were indifferent, Alkey bought a domain name the next day.

8) Dent's Posting Rights vs. Arpi's critiques

A battle of polar opposites with commentary provided by Gonzostyle. While both members are MIA, their memory will live on.

7) Booty Call

Like the Holocaust, this thread may still be a sore spot for some members past or present, but its impact on CDIH cannot be denied.

6) Caption this Picture

The classic game, this time it got personal!!

5) A Wacky Experience with a Whore

Galt's classic tale of french hookers and hotel miscarriages.

4) In this thread...

Arpi tells everyone what he thinks of them. If there is one thread that personifies Arpi, it is this one. Love him or hate him, He pulled no punches!

3) <a href="http://forums.colddayinhell.net/viewtopic.php?t=3832&highlight=motherbitches">Make me post more motherbitches!!!</a>

It is pretty obvious by the thread title who is responsible for this thread. The beginning and ending of Lent on this board, and a thread for the ages!

2) Fun Game

"Say the meanest thing about the person ahead of you". This one started out slow but ended up being possibly the most hostile thread in CDIH history. Of course, that is never a bad thing.

1) Confessions

A thread that showcased some of the most honest moments on CDIH as people confessed some of their fears, secrets, etc. And I think we all learned a lot about each other in the process, don't you!?

Well there you have it. There were a few that almost made the top 10 but fell just short, including Seph's speeding ticket story, Sean's manifestos, and Ikeaboy starting "Over the Limit squared".

So take a look back and reflect on the great history of CDIH!

- diceisgod - 12-31-2003

Arpi said this:

Quote:keyser- tries too hard but means well. can be funny and has the valuable ability to know when to let a joke run its course rather than trry to kill it with bad modding. he is also always good at jump starting a good joke that seems to be dying prematurely. he is a valuable member even if he does make up lies about sleeping with redheads.

- diceisgod - 12-31-2003

Arpi said this about you know who:

Quote:you are a coke addled whore who would demean her own body for the chance to have Z level celebs mock you.

Fucking brilliant

- The Sleeper - 12-31-2003

oh that arpi!

- Black Lazerus - 12-31-2003

god that thread got ugly quick.

- GonzoStyle - 12-31-2003

That Gonzo sure knows how to start a post.

- HedCold - 12-31-2003

kazaa is -1337 :rofl:

- Kid Afrika - 12-31-2003

Was there a consortium that created this "official" list? What were the criteria?

I declare shenanigans.

Yes, it was decided on by all the moderators and the criteria was threads that are the best.

But what defines a thread as the "best"? And how can there be more than one best?

most entertaining, most memorable, most impact, etc. there's no true defenition. Don't get hung up on the rankings themeselves, they are not as important as just looking back on our history because a lot of people end up forgetting some pretty cool stuff.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 12-31-2003

go make fat snow angels or something.

Quote:they are not as important as just looking back on our history because a lot of people end up forgetting some pretty cool stuff

Oh. In that case, I withdraw my declaration of shenanigans. Good thread.

- The Jays - 12-31-2003

I love this thread and the threads in it.

- diceisgod - 12-31-2003

Holy Jesus!

I propose the following:

G. Judging by your communication skills and grasp on vocabulary, i would say you are a mega-moron!

H. Your first post in this thread wasnt close to intelligble

If turning into a headcase, pussy can happen to this man then no one is safe. Watch your asses.

- HedCold - 12-31-2003

the part where galt threatens lent to take his picture down was good stuff

didn't arpi do that?

- HedCold - 12-31-2003

so did galt

oh, but Galt wasn't REALLY in the picture. wacky!!

- HedCold - 12-31-2003

at least it didn't take you 6 months to get that one :thumbs-up: