CDIH
Board Awards 2004 (Award# 6) - The Greatest Poster Of All Time - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Board Awards 2004 (Award# 6) - The Greatest Poster Of All Time (/showthread.php?tid=8222)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

- GonzoStyle - 01-10-2004

This is the final poll of the series.

This one includes not just cdih but the other boards, who do you believe was the greatest poster of all time? Your most favorite poster who made you laugh, cry and and cry some more, for all these years.

- The Sleeper - 01-10-2004

it's obviously Buttmunch

- Arpikarhu - 01-10-2004

nobody has annoyed me more, made me laugh more, or been more interesting than sleeper. Danked was a really really really really close second.

- The Sleeper - 01-10-2004

:29:

- PatCooper - 01-10-2004

Tough choice between Arpi and gonzo.
Gonzo got my vote

- Arpikarhu - 01-10-2004

bastard! you were my one hope for a vote.

- Jack - 01-10-2004

VG and Howie are on there but I'm not?

- Danked - 01-10-2004

Hybrid gets my vote. My best memories of both boards will always be the exchanges between him and I. Best poster ever.

If Hybrid wasn't on this list, I would have voted for Gonzo.

Jack Wrote:VG and Howie are on there but I'm not?

You're an enigma above all lists.

- Galt - 01-10-2004

What a love in. Half of these people, including me don't belong being listed on the same poll of some others.

What I don't understand is that I tie Gonzo for this board, but he runs away with best ever. Are you implying that he's not as good as he once was? Because I couldn't disagree more. The Grumpy-like schtick of molesting little kids and having sex with vegetables is nothing compared to the actual real content he produces now.

- The Jays - 01-10-2004

its not that he isnt as good as he was before, it's because you are better than ever.

I been sayin for a while that I don't feel I am as funny as I once was, I do pride myself in atleast evolving from being a "character" for lack of a better term.

I do honestly think many people deserve to be on that list, including you. You have made me laugh on more occasions that I can count, plus you're usually on point in serious debates. I do admit some people maybe shouldn't be on but did deserve the consideration.

In my honest opinion though its more like a 8 man race, I honestly feel that alkey is among the elite and probably my most favorite all around poster, he can stir up interest like very few can. Sleeper has also always been pretty much a constant as was danked. So a lot of people really deserve the nomination and some deserved simple consideration even though we knew they could never win.

- Galt - 01-10-2004

I propose a new thread: Most underappreciated (you didn't do that yet, right). Alkey gets that hands down for me. One of my all-time favorites

- The Jays - 01-10-2004

I can only vote for the people who I've seen post. Because of my extreme youth on OA.com, and missing out on much of 2002 here on CDIH, I've never posted while Sean Cold or Sephiroth were around, so I can't say if they are better than anyone else.

If I was to choose the greatest posters of all time, Gonzo is number 1, and the rest would be Alkey, Hybrid, Danked, Galt, DIG, WBK, Arpi, and Sleeper.

I don't think he's really underappreciated, everyone loves alkey.

Plus he'd win it hands down like you said, who else can even compare?

- The Jays - 01-10-2004

:lookatme:

You were voted most improved poster, how are you underappreciated?

- The Jays - 01-10-2004

oh yeah. Well, I enjoy the attention. I'm a lonely guy.

- fbd - 01-10-2004

alkey is not underapreciated...he's known to be up at the top, which is why he's on this

i dont think that this one should be a poll, though...this would have worked out much better(taken longer, but still) as almost like a tournament style bracket. people like ikea, fez, and danked dont have votes yet because guys like gonzo, seph, and sean are better than them, but its almost a quasi-travisty if they finish with nothing

- IrishAlkey - 01-10-2004

This is impossible.