CDIH
a poll - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: a poll (/showthread.php?tid=8292)

Pages: 1 2

- diceisgod - 01-17-2004

Which do you refer to it as?

- Bloody Anus - 01-17-2004

If they have waffle crisp: Super Market
If they don't have waffle crisp: Market

- diceisgod - 01-17-2004

I have very radical ideas about and plans taking shape for people who use the term "market". I use the term "super holocaust" to begin to articulate them.

- GonzoStyle - 01-17-2004

I call it the food place, it's not really a market and it's not that super.

Now if they had 1 million wops pushing broken down handwagons all crammed into one convenient space, with all the poor scum broken up into different aisles. Then it would be a super market.

- Jack - 01-17-2004

I just call it a store.

Jack Wrote:I just call it a store.
well if you called it "the market" it would be acceptable.

- diceisgod - 01-17-2004

Yes it's acceptable to call it a "market" if it is indeed a market like you described. They have one in South Philly, The Italian Market or Market and yes it is super but the superness is implied. People that call a Super Market a Market are just looking for attention and deserve to die horribly. I think I just tainted my poll but fuck it, that's all I really wanted to say anyway.

- Jack - 01-17-2004

Its one of those things... like pop and supper. We are lazy in Michigan.

- diceisgod - 01-17-2004

The term "store" is ok but if you're gonna say market in front of me then Moe better have the cheese handy.

If I was forced to choose, I would call it a supermarket when refering to say "walbaums" which is where I shop and what I call it.

- Mad - 01-17-2004

Quote:walbaums

That's called the Super Jew Market. Being that they always fuck you over price wise.

- drusilla - 01-18-2004

i'll cal it a supermarket, but i too usually just say waldbaums

- Goatweed - 01-18-2004

I call it the store too - and yeah, Waldbaum's is really crazy with their prices. I'm all about the King Kullen.

- drusilla - 01-18-2004

that's cause you aren't a valued shopper

- Goatweed - 01-18-2004

King Kullen hokks me up with 5% off coupons every month, I'm happy with that. Plus it's a 5 minute drive from my house.

- GonzoStyle - 01-18-2004

I knew lady walbaums, she used to hook it up.

- The Sleeper - 01-18-2004

supermarket

- Arpikarhu - 01-18-2004

i call it the super duper market cause they sell oreo ice cream sandwiches. they are super duper!!

- crx girl - 01-18-2004

sometimes i call it the grocery store. and if you want to talk about expensive go to the associated in union square. but, i usually go to the super stop n shop. which used to be something else, but i forget what it was. i used to go to waldbaums when you could buy everything on priceline first.

- Kim - 01-18-2004

We call it either the store or grocery store...and it is "pop" here...