CDIH
Yankees try to finish what boston couldn't. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Yankees try to finish what boston couldn't. (/showthread.php?tid=8518)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

- GonzoStyle - 02-14-2004

This will definetly get bostons fires burning and make them try to make the deal finally happen before NY does. The yanks are willing to part ways with alfonso soriano and jose contreras in return for A Rod.

Quote:Alex Rodriguez and good buddy Derek Jeter in the same infield? It could happen. The New York Post is reporting that Yankees general manager Brian Cashman approached the Rangers about a deal for A-Rod that would have included Alphonso Soriano, Jose Contreras, and minor league catching prospect Dioner Navarro going to Texas, but was turned down. "I won't comment on trade rumors, but it should come as no surprise that I am constantly floating weather balloons to my counterparts," Cashman said. "Ninety-nine of them get popped and fall to the ground." An industry source tells the Post that the deal is not dead yet.

Personally I don't think its a good deal for NY, soriano is home grown and puts up good numbers, plus we're short on arms as is and contreras has potential. It's a much better trade for boston, we already got enough bats, you dont need an all star at every position but you do need pitching.

- Arpikarhu - 02-14-2004

its agreat dea. soriano isnever gonna learn command of the plate. he willl rack up triple digit strike outs every season. contreras is old and had shown himself to be a number 4 or 5 pitcher. a-rod is a proven commodity and is one of the top 2 players in the game. this is a no-brainer for the yanks.

- lush - 02-14-2004

I'd give up Soriano in a heartbeat. The guy swings at anything and really proved last season that he adds nothing to the team but rather fucks it up. He did have a great first season but thats about it. Have fun in Texas

- The Jays - 02-14-2004

Less all-stars, more quarterbacks!!!

The kids had 3 seasons.

Soriano had a great rookie year, his second year he just awed everyone. Last year he had a great season again, granted he had a bad playoffs but who trully had a great playoffs on the yanks team besides rivera? No one was consistent on any basis.

I wouldn't give up on him after a couple seasons.

Plus it will take more than soriano and contreras obviously. I understand and agree A Rod is the best player in the AL but as far as bats go, yanks are second to none.

Concentrate on pitching.

- The Jays - 02-14-2004

Georgie SOOO doesn't want to focus on pitching.

- Arpikarhu - 02-14-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:The kids had 3 seasons.

Soriano had a great rookie year, his second year he just awed everyone. Last year he had a great season again, granted he had a bad playoffs but who trully had a great playoffs on the yanks team besides rivera? No one was consistent on any basis.

I wouldn't give up on him after a couple seasons.

Plus it will take more than soriano and contreras obviously. I understand and agree A Rod is the best player in the AL but as far as bats go, yanks are second to none.

Concentrate on pitching.
it wont really take more. all texas wants on top of the 2 players mentioned ia minor league catcher. plus texas is gonna pick up part of arods contract. you talk about how good you think soriano is but arod is the fucking mvp!! he is worth 2 sorianos in terms of stats and strikeout ration. again, no brainer for the yanks.

- Galt - 02-14-2004

You aren't allowed to speak about anything until you drop the gag and come clean.

It is obvious they want more than soriano, contreras and the catcher since they turned down the offer.

NY fans trully are the most fickle fans on earth, everyone was allover sorianos cock in 2002 and 2003 till the post season. Now everyone wants to give him up, some fuckin loyalty.

A Rod is the best in the AL, I already said it. But havent we bought enough bats already? I personally would never trade soriano for A Rod even in a straight up deal because i'd rather see a home grown talent than a purchased one.

- Paper Boy - 02-14-2004

who plays second, if they trade Soriano?

honestly I dont know, they'd probably stick a rod at 3rd cause he said he'd like to play 3rd. But then while you fill the 3rd base slot you now have no 2nd baseman and are stuck with the same losers you were putting on 3rd. 3rd is much easier to play than 2nd, just leave soriano and quit this nonsense.

- Arpikarhu - 02-15-2004

i cant believe you would even think twice about this deal. arod was the fucking MVP. he is the arguably the best player in the game. soriano strikes out in triple digits and his numbers last year were down from th eprevious year. contreras is an average starter at best. the rangers are paying part of arods contract. the deal is great!! Arods OBP is worth the deal alone.
as for pitching browns and vasquez's numbers were better than clemens and pettites.

- diceisgod - 02-15-2004

Buy low! Sell high!

- The Sleeper - 02-15-2004

what is their payroll now? 800 billion dollars?

- Paper Boy - 02-15-2004

Quote:New York's payroll currently is at $170.3 million, not including left-hander Gabe White, who remains in arbitration and will earn at least $1,825,000. A swap of Soriano for Rodriguez would leave New York's payroll at about $190 million.

- Arpikarhu - 02-15-2004

not a swap though. the rangers are picking up a portion of arods contract. anyway, who cares how much the payroll is? i aint paying it and neither are you. YANKS RULE!!!!

- Gooch - 02-15-2004

you aren't a yankee fan

- GonzoStyle - 02-15-2004

Sadly it looks like this deal is almost as good as done.

I agree, arpi is not a yankees fan. No one is arguing your point that A Rod is the MVP and obviously better than soriano but the point is it cheapens the club more so than it already has been. Soriano has only had a couple seasons and what kills me is everyone was allover his jock and one bad post season and everyone wants to drop him, its the exact mentality steinbrenner has. Theres no more loyalty to the yankees, the loyalty is to the flavor of the moment. Everyone was ready to have boones babies after game 7, then he has a bad series along with everyone else and everyone was yelling to dump him.

Anyone who supports this deal is not a yankees fan.

- Goatweed - 02-15-2004

Quote:Concentrate on pitching

absolfuckin'lutely! Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen.

Soriano has loads of potential - he just needs more time to let it out. The guy might not have a lot of patience, but he got a lot better this past season. Homegrown talent is almost always the best talent to have. A-Rod might be MVP, but he can't even play his own position here. His bat helps, but we need young and healthy arms.

- The Sleeper - 02-15-2004

I think it's lame how easy it is for the Yankess to just get players like ARod simply because other teams can't pay for him. It's unfair and is not good for the league.