CDIH
Gay Marriage - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Gay Marriage (/showthread.php?tid=8556)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

- Keyser Soze - 02-18-2004

Gay and lesbian couples from Europe and more than 20 states have come to San Francisco City Hall since city officials decided to begin marrying same-sex couples six days ago.

City officials said 172 couples were married Tuesday, a pace that would bring the total number who have taken vows promising to be "spouses for life" to over 3,000 by Friday.

President Bush has said that he strongly believes marriage should be defined as between a man and a woman.

Where do you stand in this debate?

I believe gay couples should have the right to marry. They should be afforded the same rights heterosexual couples enjoy. I don't see any reason otherwise.

- The Sleeper - 02-18-2004

there is no reason to believe that gay couples shouldn't marry unless you are a religious fundamentalist.

- GonzoStyle - 02-18-2004

I discussed this with my uncle the other day, he's really old school so he is steadfast in his opinion on homosexuality and how it is evil. But he did agree with me when I made my point.

My point is if two people love eachother be it same sex, they will be together regardless if they are married legally or just live together forever. It's not as if you legalize gay marriage that straight people will say... "hmmm I think i'm gonna be gay now and get me another fag to marry. I never have thought about bein gay but this gay marriage stuff clenched it for me, i'm gonna be gay now!!"

People aint gonna become gay cause gay marriage is now legal, they can legalize marriage between man and animal but I aint gonna go out and start fuckin sheep.

Plus with the divorce rate as high as it is they should outlaw most straight marriages is what they should do, like get rid of those drive thru chapels in vegas, anyone who gets married in a drive thru doesn't have a good start to holy matrimony.

some people are of the contention that having gay people marry ruins the sanctity of marriage, which is completely ridiculous since like you said, half of them get divorced. I don't even see the point in getting married anymore. to me it seems like an obsolete practice that predates separation of church and state.

Getting married by an guy dressed as elvis in a fancy mickey d's drive thru sullies the sanctity of marriage more so.

- Luna - 02-18-2004

I'm not adverse to it. If a gay couple wants to tie the knot they should be able to have that option, too. Why not?

- Galt - 02-18-2004

gay people should be able to get married. They are denied the basic rights of visitation, marriage tax benefits, and other basic administration benifits that non-gays get. They should be able to adopt kids too.

It's bullshit.

And drugs and prostitution should be legal.

It's as silly as the moral majorities views on the media, cursing is bad but violence is ok.

Quote:And drugs and prostitution should be legal.

Thats what I been sayin for years, tax that shit and require licensing dues and we'll be swimming in surplus money.

boobs are bad too

If they legalize this gay marriage deal I am proposing to sleeper.

- Gooch - 02-18-2004

fag

I already told you I'm against marriage.

we can get some sweet tax benefits and split rent and utilities, I won't mind if you cheat on me and vice versa.

split rent? what are you Slash now?

we're gonna be living together, duh!!

kick your mother out and I'll take her room

we're getting a new place, its gonna be mad sweet.

Plus if I suck your dick now it won't be gay, it will be my duty as your spouse.

it'll still be gay

and you will enjoy all 3 seconds of it.