CDIH
Help me choose an SUV - ... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Help me choose an SUV - ... (/showthread.php?tid=8639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Goatweed - 03-01-2004

I'm looking to buy a new SUV (my first new vehicle ever - whooohoo!!). Anyway, some of you own one I'm sure so I'd like some opinions. These are my current choices :

[Image: 024768-E.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>the Toyota Highlander</a>

[Image: 008283-E.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>the Nissan Pathfinder</a>

[Image: 008477-E.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>the Nissan Xterra (supercharged)</a>

[Image: 010286-E.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>the Toyoya 4Runner</a>

Right now I'm leaning towards the Highlander, mainly due to price and decent mileage. The Xterra is cheaper but all the reviews that I've read on it say it eats gas like Rosie O'Donnell at an all-you-can-eat buffet. And yeah, before anyone says it I'm a commie - I don't have much faith in American automobiles, I've been burned a few times aready. The Ford Explorer comes up occassionally as a reliable vehicle, however.

Any thoughts/opinions/suggestions?

- PlasticMan - 03-01-2004

For foreign SUV's, I'm a big fan of the Pathfinder. The Xterra is too small and the Highlander is fucking expensive, last time I checked.

Domestic: I LOVE my Durango. It's an '03. I'm not a big fan of the changes in the body in the '04. I've had it about seven months now, and have nothing bad to say about it.

- Galt - 03-01-2004

Chevy Trailblazer looks the best

- Mad - 03-01-2004

The Highlander has the best gas mileage and rides like a car with 4 wheel drive. A friend has one and can't say enough good things about it. The others are trucks and will give you truck like gas mileage (15-16 mpg), not to mention truck like rides.

Lastly, which one has heated seats? If you have a bad back you'll love that feature more then anything else. Buy the one with heated seats.

- Goatweed - 03-01-2004

Quote:the Highlander is fucking expensive, last time I checked.

the Highlander is the cheapest one out of the bunch.

Quote:The Highlander has the best gas mileage and rides like a car with 4 wheel drive.

That's what a lot of people have said, which is really important to me. The talk of gas prices going up has me looking at the best mileage I can afford.

I think it has a heated seat option, but I'll pass - I get plenty of free heat pads from the AARP.

- Mad - 03-01-2004

Quote:I think it has a heated seat option, but I'll pass - I get plenty of free heat pads from the AARP.

Try it first, the heated seats are worth it. Drive them all and get a feel for which one you like, also the Highlander has been getting excellent reviews from Consumers Reports, Car and Driver, etc...

I think they compared it's ride to a Camry, which is a great car too.

- IrishAlkey - 03-01-2004

I like the duel cabin F150's!

GO VROOOOOOOM!

- Goatweed - 03-01-2004

when I finally buy one of these, can I take your penis for a ride in it?

- IrishAlkey - 03-01-2004

Yes, but he has to sit in the back!

I got shotgun!

- Goatweed - 03-01-2004

I'll lower the back seats so there's enough room for it.

- The Sleeper - 03-01-2004

I'm blaming you when we have to go colonize mars.

- Goatweed - 03-01-2004

HATER!!!!

- PeterDragon - 03-01-2004

how about this one?
[Image: mercedes3.gif] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>yeah, i suck with pics today</span>

- Luna - 03-01-2004

Personally, I would go with the Toyota only because I have had decent die-hard Toyotas in the past.
Gas mileage is an issue, too. Right now I have a petrol sucker like you would not believe, but, I need it for the room and the ability to get through the winter weather. I'm full time in the boonies now.

I'll be looking to renew my current lease next summer, so, I have been looking at vehicles myself lately. As much as I hate to say it, I am not much a fan of domestic cars, either. I haven't had much luck with them either.

- Goatweed - 03-01-2004

PeterDragon Wrote:how about this one?
[Image: mercedes3.gif] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>yeah, i suck with pics today</span>
not enough payload room.

I always wanted a convertible.

- PeterDragon - 03-01-2004

seriously you know i told ya highlander, if your not gonna get the Honda.

Everything is damn expensive these days.

- Goatweed - 03-01-2004

ya, I know - I was just lookin' for more opinions. Plus it gave me a chance to brag about the cash I got laying around, doing nothing but gathering dust.

- Sweet Angel - 03-01-2004

I have an '04 Mazda Tribute (sister truck to the Ford Escape)that I bought in November. It rides nice, mileage is probably average for an SUV -- about 250 miles on a 16 gallon tank. I love it. Haven't had any problems so far (knock wood) and Mazda was very pleasant to deal with.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 03-01-2004

ESCALADE WITH 24 SPINNERS DUDE!!

- Sweet Angel - 03-09-2004

I have the new Consumer Reports if you want any info.