CDIH
Tip Jar - at subway? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Tip Jar - at subway? (/showthread.php?tid=8665)

Pages: 1 2

- PatCooper - 03-04-2004

So last night i go to the local subway sandwich shop. I order my sandwich and the little pakistani fellow fixes it up real quick. I go to the register to pay and what do i see? I tip jar. These motherfuckers want a tip for making a stinking sandwich? Is this common in most sandwich i think not.
From now on my business is going to Quizno's.

- Keyser Soze - 03-04-2004

should i put a tip jar on my desk at work?

- Mad - 03-04-2004

Yeah fuck those minimum wage fuckers! The good thing about Subway is you can make sure no ass fuck spits in it when they make it for you.

- Goatweed - 03-04-2004

I saw one at the Subway by my house, too - I threw some change in there, they usually do a good job on the sandwiches. Plus, having worked for fast food places before, I know they aren't making a hell of a ot of $$ so I didn't mind helping them out a little.

- PatCooper - 03-04-2004

forest avenue subway nex to Nino's pizzeria?

they should be creative and put "college fund" on the side of it.

- Goatweed - 03-04-2004

PatCooper Wrote:forest avenue subway nex to Nino's pizzeria?
nah, mine's on Amboy Road, off of Richmond Avenue, in that strip mall with the Perkins. Nice place, pleasant workers.

- The Jays - 03-04-2004

What the fuck? I'm suppose to tip some dude for pouring me coffee and carrying fucking dishes, yet its SOOOO FUCKING ABSURD to tip the person actually making the food? I'll tip a chef/cook over a waiter any day.

- Galt - 03-04-2004

The Jays Wrote:What the fuck? I'm suppose to tip some dude for pouring me coffee and carrying fucking dishes, yet its SOOOO FUCKING ABSURD to tip the person actually making the food? I'll tip a chef/cook over a waiter any day.
Has that been a Curb Your Enthusiasm episode yet?

It should be.

- Sweet Angel - 03-04-2004

Jersey Mike's has tip jars. So do most of the delis and bagel shops in my area. I think it's bizarre.

like you never worked for tips before.

Actually, I was a waitress in a bar at Rutgers. My biggest tip ever was $13 and that was from friends. College kids have no money to tip.

- Goatweed - 03-04-2004

Jersey Mike's tuna sub is amazing.

- The Sleeper - 03-04-2004

I put change in the tip jars cause I don't like carrying around change

Quote:Jersey Mike's tuna sub is amazing.
That's one of 2 things I get from there. Their tuna is the best. The sub with the roast beef, ham, turkey, cheese & bacon is good too.

- PatCooper - 03-04-2004

Goatweed Wrote:
PatCooper Wrote:forest avenue subway nex to Nino's pizzeria?
nah, mine's on Amboy Road, off of Richmond Avenue, in that strip mall with the Perkins. Nice place, pleasant workers.
I forgot, your on the rich side of town.

- Goatweed - 03-04-2004

more like the "we do ok for ourselves" side.

Todt Hill is the rich or "we have too much money" side. Why people would want to live up there is beyond me.

- PatCooper - 03-04-2004

i bet all the workers at that subway are white.

- Goatweed - 03-04-2004

no, actually - they're dotheads. But pleasant ones, and they speak English very well.

Hey, you're by Nino's, which means you're by Ralph's too - lucky bastard.

- PatCooper - 03-04-2004

Your thinking of Denino's pizzeria. across from ralphs on port richmond avenue. yes im fairly close to there but Nino's pizzeria is on forest avenue in west brighton close to "The Staten".