CDIH
Band of Brothers on History Channel - Is anybody else watching this? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Band of Brothers on History Channel - Is anybody else watching this? (/showthread.php?tid=8831)

- AbeSapien - 04-13-2004

All this week on the history channel, they are showing the HBO Mini-series "Band of Brothers", completely uncensored. If you dont know what it's about, it follows the true story of Easy company, a paratrooper outfit, from their training in Georgia, to the storming of Omaha beach, battle of the bulge, all up to the actual end of the war.

In my personal opinion, this is the finest show television has ever produced. It really is fantastic, and you're doing a disservice to yourself if you miss out on it.

It is rumored that they are currently in pre-production for the sequel to the miniseries. Instead of the european theatre, however, the second series will focus on the pacific theatre. Details can be found here.

As if all this wasnt enough, it was produced by Steven Speilberg and Tom Hanks, so you know it's good.

- Gooch - 04-13-2004

It is the greatest series ever on any channel.

- Galt - 04-13-2004

Seinfeld was better. It didn't have as many characters and they didn't keep all dying causing mass confusion about who was who.

I will say that the Spears guy who shows up near the end is Superman. And when the Krauts were bombing the forrest in Bathstone (sp), it was mad cool when all those guys got their legs blown off.

- The Jays - 04-13-2004

It's not like this series is new or anything. It's the same one that was on HBO two years ago.

- Keyser Soze - 04-13-2004

uhm, i think this is for anyone who may have missed it.

- The Jays - 04-13-2004

who could have possibly missed it? If you missed it the first time, then you obviously have no love for the people of Easy Company

- PatCooper - 04-13-2004

I just recently watched it on dvd and LOVED it!!!!
I caught a piece of it last night on the history channel also
And BTW i never saw an episode when it was on HBO.

- Keyser Soze - 04-14-2004

i havent seen it yet, but i'd like to

- Galt - 04-14-2004

Bill Guarnier gets his legs blowed off. He also looks exactly like the guy who he plays.

- TheGMANN - 04-14-2004

He was the best character.

That episode (the battle of the bulge)was one of my favs cause all the characters that I liked either got blown up or was scarred from it in some way

- PlasticMan - 04-14-2004

Quote:That episode (the battle of the bulge)was one of my favs cause all the characters that I liked either got blown up or was scarred from it in some way

episode? You ass.

- GonzoStyle - 04-14-2004

PlasticMan Wrote:
Quote:That episode (the battle of the bulge)was one of my favs cause all the characters that I liked either got blown up or was scarred from it in some way

episode? You ass.
que?

- PlasticMan - 04-15-2004

Quote:que?
It's a documentary. About real shit that happened. To rephrase GMann's post:

The Battle of the Bulge was great cause all those American GI's either got blown up or were scarred from it in some way.

This makes GMann an ass.

- GonzoStyle - 04-15-2004

that swine.