CDIH
where do you buy DVDs - in person, that's right...inside a store - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: where do you buy DVDs - in person, that's right...inside a store (/showthread.php?tid=8867)

Pages: 1 2

- Galt - 04-21-2004

I don't want to buy it on the line, but actually walk to a store and get it.

In Boston, there were Best Buys and Circuit Cities and all that shit in designated shopping areas which aggregate many stores. That revolutionary "mall" strategy has not yet reached backward NYC.

So, where the hell do I go? I'm near Grand Central.

- Keyser Soze - 04-21-2004

Doesn't Tower Records sell DVDs? I used to work directly across the street from Grand Central in 125 Park Avenue. Walk down 42nd towards Times Square, theres gotta be some DVD stores there.

- HedCold - 04-21-2004

in union square there's a circuit city and i think its a tower records
i think there are also stores around 34th street where the manhattan mall is, but not actually in the mall.

- Arpikarhu - 04-21-2004

i get them from net flix and dupe them. i average bout 9 films a month and all for $20.

i am sticking it to the man!

- HollywoodJewMoses - 04-21-2004

you fucking jew.

- Galt - 04-21-2004

And I'm sure everyone is proud of your ghetto DVD collection.

- Gooch - 04-21-2004

over by you there is a HMV on 5th ave and 46th....they have DVDs

- QuickStop - 04-21-2004

i go to best buy. or sometimes those shitty stores like target or walmart have crazy prices. but for you...buy bootlegs for $5

- The Sleeper - 04-21-2004

Kim's Video on St. Mark's street near 8th st and 3rd ave

- crx girl - 04-21-2004

there's a best buy on 6th ave around 20th st. or virgin megastore in times square and union square. there's an hmv or something similar by the manhattan mall too at broadway and 33rd or somewhere around there. and why are we doing this for you? go to yahoo yellow pages or something.

- Goatweed - 04-21-2004

why the aversion to buying them online? most times you'll end up saving a nice piece of change by ordering them that way.

- Black Lazerus - 04-21-2004

i guess with those 80 hr weeks he dosen't get a chance to explore the city.

- Galt - 04-21-2004

I want to watch the shit NOW. I don't want to wait five days for it to ship and then bother with my doormen to pick up the package.

I'm willing to spend an extra $2 to get the thing now.

- IrishAlkey - 04-21-2004

Buy them ON THE LINE!

Dork.

- PatCooper - 04-21-2004

Arpikarhu Wrote:i get them from net flix and dupe them. i average bout 9 films a month and all for $20.

i am sticking it to the man!
i average 9 a week. talk about sticking it to the man!!! And then sell em for 10.00 bucks a dvd. I love america.

- QuickStop - 04-21-2004

please tell me how you do this

- PatCooper - 04-22-2004

If i told you I'd have to kill you.
So i'm not telling you for your sake.

- Goatweed - 04-22-2004

rip/burn/sell - it's not that complicated.

Pat, you're not Asian, are you?

- QuickStop - 04-22-2004

oh well that was too obvious for me. i thought he had figured out a way to just keep the dvds...the real ones

- PatCooper - 04-22-2004

Goatweed Wrote:rip/burn/sell - it's not that complicated.

Pat, you're not Asian, are you?
No i'm not a gook.
Us poor white folk hustle to ya know.
And speaking of hustling i just got the 2 disk LOTR-ROTK a month early and im gonna be burning like a motherfucker this weekend.