CDIH
Great thing about being at The Stadium - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Great thing about being at The Stadium (/showthread.php?tid=8913)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Jays - 04-30-2004

The Yankees have a lead, one of their relievers finished the 8th, the other team has just gotten the third out, and it's the top of the 9th. There's like a hush around the stadium, or maybe just a gentle murmur by everyone.

And then, you hear the chords of "Enter Sandman" fill the loud speakers, and the whole fucking place erupts as the bullpen door opens, and out comes this lil spanish dude, just trotting to the mound like its nothing, as if he was a small pony that they keep in a cage and feed a bale of hay to everyday, and is going out to graze. Just the excitement in the air as he starts warming up, it gives you all butterflies in your stomach, and you feel glorious to be there.

- Goatweed - 04-30-2004

I gotta agree with you Jays, there's nothing like seeing Mo come out to do his job - especially when everyone else knows he's coming too.

- Keyser Soze - 04-30-2004

gagne > mariano

- diceisgod - 04-30-2004

Wagner > everyone

Even though I've been to two games where the Phils got annihilated and haven't see him pitch live yet. They probably play redneck music for him like the Dukes of Hazzard theme. That would be awesome.

- The Jays - 04-30-2004

Two posts with nothing to do with topic.

- Goatweed - 04-30-2004

Monument Park.

- Arpikarhu - 05-05-2004

no hot dog tastes as good as it does at the stadium. also that first glimpse of the field as you walk through the tunnel, magic!

- crx girl - 05-05-2004

i'm just waiting for the day when one of my friends can't go and i can go instead. i've never been to a game, but i have started following it. i'm even learning some of the rules.

- Keyser Soze - 05-05-2004

theres nothing like a dirty water dog at the game.

- The Jays - 05-05-2004

last time I got a hot dog at a game it was wrapped in aluminum and tasted like something I could get from an NYC school cafeteria.

- Tequila - 05-06-2004

Till this day, I get as excited as a kid going to the game for the 1st time.

- Arpikarhu - 05-07-2004

you meant, "to this day...".

fucking illiterate has-been!

- Keyser Soze - 05-07-2004

I was at Shea last night with my girlfriend who was nice enough to get tickets to see the Mets play Bonds. It was glorious watching Piazza hit a walk off homer in the 11th.

- Goatweed - 05-07-2004

Babe Ruth never hit one outta there though - and if he did, he probably would've hit an airplane flying low over Shea.

Shea is a dump, can't argue with you there. Nice new full color scoreboard this year though!

- JimmyBlueEyes - 05-07-2004

It doesn't help...I miss the old one that had the cool graphics, like the stadium shaking and stuff with the noise...but yes that was a nice shot to end the game.

the one thing that shea does have over yankees stadium is that you can track every major league game at shea, they even added more information under the out of town scoreboard that highlights what is going on in games in progress, what a particular player has done in the game. at yankees stadium there is so much advertising that they only devote a small section of the wall to scores and you have to wait until it gets to the game you want to get an update on.

- Goatweed - 05-07-2004

I can use my cell phone for up-to-the-minute scores & stats, I'd be more interested in the game at hand anyway.

i agree, but its nice to have in between innings.

- The Jays - 05-07-2004

Way to go Shea! Woo hoo!! Now I get to pay attention to something OTHER than my team royally sucking ass!