CDIH
Jayson Williams Not Guilty Of Manslaughter - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Jayson Williams Not Guilty Of Manslaughter (/showthread.php?tid=8917)

Pages: 1 2

- Keyser Soze - 04-30-2004

Former NBA player Jayson Williams found not guilty of aggravated manslaughter; guilty of tampering, other charges. Details soon.

- The Sleeper - 04-30-2004

The jury was hung on reckless manslaughter and the DA might retry him for that. The tampering charges probably won't get him any jail time.

- Keyser Soze - 04-30-2004

how do they find him guilty on tampering a weapon used in a crime he was aquitted of commiting?

- HedCold - 04-30-2004

Quote:Investigators are also exploring whether Williams allowed Christofi to bleed to death before notifying authorities. If so, Williams could face additional or more severe charges.
this was from an article from around when he gave himself in. maybe because he let him bleed thats a different charge as well?
i haven't been following it really, so i don't know any specifics

- The Sleeper - 04-30-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:how do they find him guilty on tampering a weapon used in a crime he was aquitted of commiting?
Cause he did actually kill the person and then tried to cover it up by calling it a suicide and planting the gun in the victim's hands. He was only acquitted of aggravated manslaughter.

- Keyser Soze - 05-01-2004

i dont get it. he killed someone, but was only convicted of covering up the fact he killed them?

- HedCold - 05-01-2004

Quote:The jury was hung on reckless manslaughter and the DA might retry him for that.
only some of the jurors thought he didn't kill the guy he covered up killing

- The Jays - 05-01-2004

He sees a dude in his place, he kills him in defense, and then what happens after you kill someone? You start to fuck things up, because you've never killed a dude beforel

- Goatweed - 05-01-2004

he's guilty as sin - this is a sham.

I hope he gets shot.

- Black Lazerus - 05-01-2004

I live in this area it's not going to be fun for any black man for months here.
I better get my traffic ticket money ready now.

- diceisgod - 05-01-2004

Trilals and jurys are a waste of time. What happenes between two people is their business.

- The Sleeper - 05-01-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:i dont get it. he killed someone, but was only convicted of covering up the fact he killed them?
cause it was ruled an accident. he was drunk at the time and the gun went off because he was waving it around and closed it. that being said, he still hasn't been acquitted of reckless manslaughter and i think he is guilty of that. it's the equavilant of killing a guy from drunk driving.

- HedCold - 05-01-2004

he was drunk when it happened? i didn't know that
if he doesn't do at least 5 years for this it'll be fucked up

yea no one including the defense is denying he did it. they just claimed it was completely accidental.

- HedCold - 05-01-2004

i know that, but i didn't know he was drunk. i think it was probably accidental too, but if it happened to anyone else they'd be in jail, especialy if they were drunk when it happened

yup, but he's rich and hired the best lawyers.

- HedCold - 05-01-2004

i actually felt bad for him because he always seemed like a nice guy and stuff, but now knowing that he was drunk i don't feel nearly as bad

- The Jays - 05-01-2004

So if you kill a man for trespassing, its defense, but if you happen to be drunk when he trespasses, you should go to jail.

he wasn't tresspassing, he was his limo driver.

- HedCold - 05-01-2004

wasn't he giving the guy a tour of his house?