CDIH
Superstar USA - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Superstar USA (/showthread.php?tid=8970)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Jays - 05-13-2004

Now, many of you are not fans of American Idol, but do enjoy the first part of the season, when the worst singers are presented to America, and then brutally ripped.

Well, the WB has a show just for you!

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thewb.com/Shows/GenericShow/0,,169159,00.html">http://www.thewb.com/Shows/GenericShow/ ... 59,00.html</a><!-- m -->

In this show, the best singers are sent home, while the very worst are lied to, and sent to Hollywood for the finals.

I watched one clip, and this dude murdered Swing Low Sweet Chariot, and Tone Loc just blatently lies to him and says "I think you did a great job!" Awesome.

- Galt - 05-13-2004

The judges are going to hell, the contestants are going to sue, and I AM GOING TO FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW.

- drusilla - 05-13-2004

there was an article in the post yesterday about this. apparently the producers told the audience that the singers were all mental or ill or something & that the show was part of the make a wish foundation. That way they wouldn't laugh at & boo the performers.

- Galt - 05-13-2004

Phew. I thought that The Littlest Groom would really be the bottom of reality television. Thankfully there's still more to go.

There's still hope for the show when someone fakes their own death and the cameras watch the entire family greiving only to have sweeps week the guy come back and laugh at them all.

- drusilla - 05-13-2004

oh i so can't wait for that!

- drusilla - 05-13-2004

from the post:

....At a taping for the upcoming "bad talent" series, "Superstar USA" producers lied and told audience members that the talentless contestants were actually terminally ill patients from the Make-A- Wish Foundation.

The producers were worried that if they didn't lie, the audience would laugh or boo the contestants and give away the entire premise of the show, which is to fool really bad singers into thinking they're good...

- Galt - 05-13-2004

Awesome. I'm sure they'll be no backlash from retard groups when that gets out that the audience thought they were watching retarded/cancer kids.

I really want to be a TV executive so I can sit in a board room and think up premises

"What can we do that will simulteanously create great laughs while also belittling and destroying the lives of as many people as possible"

- drusilla - 05-13-2004

why do i have a feeling that you would be quite successful at that?

- IrishAlkey - 05-13-2004

Galt's idea is actually brilliant.

- The Jays - 05-13-2004

He should work for the WB.

- Galt - 05-13-2004

See, what you'd have to do is pretend it's some earthbreaking reality show like Ed TV, where every waking moment of someone's life is filmed. You'd need their enitre family and all their friends to commit to being filmed for like 1 month straight wether or not the Ed TV guy is present.

Then a week into it, fake the guy's death, but have the producers say that the show must go on. That Ed would have wanted it, and that everyone is contractually bound to be filmed. All the cameras are there.

Then you can have some plant pull zany stunts and ruin the funeral and make everyone cry.

Then near the end of the month, somehow get everyone together (maybe schedule shooting to begin near his birthday or a wedding or something) for some get together and have him show up, and crying and anger and hilarity will ensue.

The identifying the body would be the best part.

I really need to start putting pen to paper on this script.

- The Jays - 05-13-2004

Quote:There's still hope for the show when someone fakes their own death and the cameras watch the entire family greiving only to have sweeps week the guy come back and laugh at them all.

Eh, that just seems too Tom Sawyer-ish.

- Galt - 05-13-2004

Is that what that book was about? I never read it.

- The Jays - 05-13-2004

What about a show where they have a couple give birth to their first child, and then the mother reveals to the father that it's not his son, and then he meets 10 possible suspects, and has to live with them for ten weeks, trying to find out which one is the real father. Every week, a possible father is eliminated, and when the father is finally announced, he can either choose to kill the bitch or take 1 million dollars.

- The Jays - 05-13-2004

Galt Wrote:Is that what that book was about? I never read it.
Tom and Huck show up to their own funeral, just for kicks. It's the funniest part of the book.

- Galt - 05-13-2004

Funny I thought the funniest part of the book would have been when they kept saying Nigger.

- The Jays - 05-13-2004

Racism isn't funny unless there is the illusion that it doesn't exist.

Water was a theme in that novel.

- Goatweed - 05-13-2004

I didn't care for this book - it was quite boring.

It would've been better if they all wore toilet seat necklaces.