CDIH
I don't get it - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: I don't get it (/showthread.php?tid=9026)

Pages: 1 2 3

- GonzoStyle - 06-02-2004

I must sadly agree with arpi, the talent has definetly sunk to new lows.

But I dont honestly think its the talent as much as it is the immaturty of having such young players in the league now. Back in the day before Garnett was the 1st player drafted out of HS since Moses Malone, players went to college, played at a higher level and matured THEN came into the league as young men. These kids coming out of HS are just that, kids. It takes them 6 or 7 years then before they mature into elite athletes, Kobe is still maturing, Carter hasnt come close yet and neither has T Mac. Garnett just recently came into his own and he's been in the league since 1995.

The money doesnt help either, these kids 18 years old coming into the league making millions, they dont understand leadership, they are fuckin kids and most obviously never learned to share.

That and they are unfortunatly fuckin idiots, cause they never got a college education and obviously didnt pay attention in HS.

You see them during an interview:

So what do you think the teams needs to do to win tonight?

we need to score more points than them...

NO SHIT!!! WOW AINT THAT A FUCKIN GENIUS PLAN, WHY DIDNT ANYONE ELSE THINK OF THAT!!!

- HedCold - 06-03-2004

jermain o'neal has been good at talking to the media, even won an award for it. he's actually given credit to the other team instead of just saying "we played bad." he hasn't had any genius insight, but its alot better then the stuff he used to say 2 or 3 years ago trying to act like a tough guy

what oneal said after about the series -
"First of all, I want to congratulate this Detroit Pistons team for the outcome of this series. The arena was crazy; the fans have been great. The city has been good to this team. Second of all, I want to apologize to the state of Indiana for not bringing a Finals appearance. It was (the Pistons’) turn. I don’t want to talk too much about it because it is what it is. The obstacles were too high for us. I don’t know how much longer I would have been able to put up with my leg. They (the Pistons) put in their time. I’m guessing we have to put in ours. They got to this point last year and didn’t make it, and we got to this point this year and didn’t make it. It was a heavyweight fight. Both teams played extremely hard.”

- The Sleeper - 06-03-2004

I would have liked to have seen larry bird in his prime. Him and pistol pete.

- GonzoStyle - 06-07-2004

Go detroit!!!!!

Let shaq do what he wants cause you cant stop him, he alone cant win the game tho so concentrate on those you can control.

- The Jays - 06-09-2004

I think that Detroit has been playing awesome these first two games, winning the first, and keeping it close till overtime in the second. And you can see everything in the stats; Kobe and Shaq the only players getting double digits, oh man, I love this series already.

I don't know about most people, but I have a passionate love for defense. Watching the Knicks under Van Gundy helped instill that in me. Seeing teams get held to under 90, under 80, oh man, I could jerk off every night to that. That's why it's especially enjoyable to watch the Lakers be put up against this team.

And I love Ben Wallace. Virginia Union, just like Charles fuckin Oakley. I wish he'd do the fro , though. Undecided

- GonzoStyle - 06-11-2004

I agree with Jays, I prefer a defensive game to a blowout or 260 point combined game. Thats why I hate the mavs.

Like the anouncers analogy tonight, defense takes effort and saying you hate defensive games is like hating a pitchers duel in a low scoring game, to each his own.

Some people favor a lot of home runs, some people favor a lot of strike outs.

But this game is sick, we're about 4 minutes into the 4th and the lakers are still at 54 points.

- Keyser Soze - 06-11-2004

im flipping between the mets game and the finals. mets might go more innings tonight than kobe puts up.

- The Jays - 06-11-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:I agree with Jays, I prefer a defensive game to a blowout or 260 point combined game. Thats why I hate the mavs.

Like the anouncers analogy tonight, defense takes effort and saying you hate defensive games is like hating a pitchers duel in a low scoring game, to each his own.

Some people favor a lot of home runs, some people favor a lot of strike outs.

But this game is sick, we're about 4 minutes into the 4th and the lakers are still at 54 points.
oh man, too bad the toilet isnt around, I just blew my wad.

That was exactly what I wanted to see; holding the opposition down, and blowing them out as a result.

They went beyond what they needed to do; they held Shaq and Kobe down too.

Plus, Ben brought out the fro, oh man, Jimmy kimmel might kill himself on air.

- Keyser Soze - 06-11-2004

15 innings!!!

- The Jays - 06-11-2004

Mets sure know how to show Kobe who's the master of futility.

- IrishAlkey - 06-11-2004

Detroit is on another plane of existence right now.

This is sick.

Maybe Karl and Gary will take a pay cut to play for them next year!

Losers!

- GonzoStyle - 06-11-2004

In 560 playoff games the lakers have played, they have never been held under 70 points.

Until last night.

I am gonna collect so much money at work when detroit wins.

- Arpikarhu - 06-11-2004

pistons outplayed them all 3 games. if it wasnt for kobe's miracle shot the lakers would be down by 3 games. i cant wait to hear all of shaq and kobes excuses when they lose. you know all of the other rapers and killers are gonna bust kobes balls in whatever prison he ends up in.

- Sir O - 06-11-2004

Interesting trivia - if the Pistons win, Darko Milicic will be the first ever lottery pick to win a title in his rookie year.

Pistons to Lakers last night:

[Image: 805_image_06.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>
"Aaaw yeah...you just got F'ed in the A!"

- The Jays - 06-14-2004

it's not that interesting

- Galt - 06-14-2004

I thought the Spurs won in Duncan's rookie year

- The Jays - 06-14-2004

For a second, I thought they did too. I looked it up to double check, his first year was 97-98, Chicago's last championship. Spurs won his sophmore year, which is why it's not all that exicting. One year sooner. Plus, the Pistons only got that pick because of the trade; they were lucky it dropped to number three; if it went number 1, they wouldnt have gotten Darko. On top of that, Darko barely factored into the Pistons; he just happened to be on the right team.

- GonzoStyle - 06-14-2004

If Kobe gets any more frustrated he's gonna throw a tantrum and rape someone again.

- Keyser Soze - 06-14-2004

she'll enjoy it, but press charges anyway.

- GonzoStyle - 06-14-2004

The funny part was I read in the times a couple weeks back that one of her friends said that shes a lying attention whore (which a lot of her friends are saying).

But the real reason why she got pissed was that he basically in short, came on her face and she asked him not to.