CDIH
making vob files - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: making vob files (/showthread.php?tid=9097)

- HedCold - 06-21-2004

i want to be able to make dvd's out of video files i have, but i don't have any software to make vob files. i know nero is supposed to do that, but it keeps telling me i have to buy something else to be able to. did the crack i use not cover that part? anyone else have software i can use?

- diceisgod - 06-21-2004

The words "hocus pocus" might come in handy.

- HedCold - 06-21-2004

you really are losing it

- Kid Afrika - 06-23-2004

Why do you want to try to make a dvd? You'll never fit an entire movie on one DVD and the quality is typically not there either.

Anyway, to answer your question, you need a DVD authoring software. There's tons of them out there, Pinnacle DVD, EZDVD, etc...

Just google dvd authoring and read to your heart's content

- Goatweed - 06-23-2004

actually, with dual-layer burners & discs you can fit a movie & all its extras on a dual-layer disc, but the cost of said discs tends to not justify just outright buying it.

That being said, I've made a few DVD's from mpg files (like episodes of The Shield, for example) and watched them on my 36" tv instead of a 17" monitor. I use Nero, it's pretty easy - drag & drop, make a simple menu, and you're done. Burning can take time, but if your PC is fast enough you can still post/surf/download, etc without causing much of a problem to the DVD burning.

- HedCold - 06-24-2004

my sister has a digital video camera, so i wanted to put that stuff on dvd. there are also vhs tapes my family would like converted to dvd. i have a tv capture card with my vcr hooked up to it

and i know what software i need, i was asking if anyone had a crack. for some reason the nero i downloaded off nero.com isn't letting me do that, it might be because of the crack i used but i have no idea why.

- HedCold - 06-24-2004

as for putting dual layer dvds onto a regular dvd, there's a program dvd shrink that lets you do that. i used it, but only to make vob files that didn't have encryption on them so i can get a 10 second clip for somebody. it compresses the vob files to make them less then 4.7 gigs. i didn't really pay attention to the quality difference since i just needed to cut out a small clip with virtual dub

- diceisgod - 06-24-2004

Abra cadabra!

- PatCooper - 06-26-2004

TMPGEnc dvd creator and Author. 2 great programs. converison and authoring. alot better than nero.

- Arpikarhu - 06-26-2004

Quote:You'll never fit an entire movie on one DVD and the quality is typically not there either.
as per usual kid is wrong. i use dvd clone and fit an entire movie onto a dvd with no perceptible quality loss.

- Bloody Anus - 06-30-2004

Smartripper

You'll probably need to install an ASPI layer first.

Edited By Bloody Anus on 1088635874

- HedCold - 06-30-2004

and that would be an...?

- Black Lazerus - 06-30-2004

just shut up and downlaod it.... thats bloody anus if he wanted you to downlaod a virus it would be good for you.

- Kid Afrika - 07-01-2004

Arpikarhu Wrote:
Quote:You'll never fit an entire movie on one DVD and the quality is typically not there either.
as per usual kid is wrong. i use dvd clone and fit an entire movie onto a dvd with no perceptible quality loss.
You're 80 years old and your vision is failing you. You can't get a full DVD on a burned DVD without compression.

Compression = loss of quality

No matter how minimal.

- PatCooper - 07-01-2004

Kid Afrika Wrote:
Arpikarhu Wrote:
You're 80 years old and your vision is failing you. You can't get a full DVD on a burned DVD without compression.

Compression = loss of quality

No matter how minimal.
I have to disagree with that Kid. I use DVDXpress for all my orginal dvd's and the burned disk looks and sounds just like the orginal. You couldnt even tell the diffrence if i took the 321 studios warning off the beginning of the movie.