CDIH
Ps2 broadband adapter - I just got the beta version!!! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Ps2 broadband adapter - I just got the beta version!!! (/showthread.php?tid=927)

Pages: 1 2 3

- LZMF1 - 03-26-2002

HOLY SHIT!!!!!

a few weeks ago i got and email from SCEA asking me if i was interested in signing up to be a beta tester for them and i was like fuck it why not. i registered and all of that bullshit and they sent me an email saying that i may or may not be getting the beta test software and broadband adaptor. i soon forgot all about it.

well guess what just came to me U.P.S. today!?!?!?!?!

the box contained the adaptor, a network adaptor start-up dvd, a return label, and all sorts of instructions. unfortunately i have to return it to sony by may 1, 2002. anyway, i can now play frequency and nfl gameday 2002 online. i should be getting twisted metal black network beta version and some navy seals network beta in about a week.

did anyone else sign up for it and also did you get it?

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

- AdolescentMasturbator - 03-26-2002

Please send it to me after you are done. Please damnit. Sony won't go after everyone and just claim someone stole it.

- LZMF1 - 03-27-2002

dream on little man, this shit is mine!!!

i may report it stolen to SCEA and keep the fucker for myself and use my cable modem instead of the DSL.

- LZMF1 - 03-28-2002

info on the broadband adaptor

holy shit, i am one of 1000 people that got it.

AM it's gonna retail for 40 bucks. so be sure to save up your weekly allowances til august.

Edited By LZMF1 on Mar. 28 2002 at 11:46

- Keyser Soze - 03-28-2002

That is sweet. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these things.

- LZMF1 - 03-28-2002

it's funny because i got more info on it from the article than i did from the mods in the chatrooms using the adaptor.

- LZMF1 - 03-30-2002

i just got <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left"><font face="Verdana" color="#ffffff" size="1">spoiler:</font></td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left"><font face="Verdana" color="#000000" size="2">twisted metal black online</td></tr></table>

<table style=filter:glow(color=purple)>This game is insane!!!!</table>

- Hybrid - 03-30-2002

i hate you. i will hunt you down and steal it from you. watch your back. Wink

Edited By HyBriD on Mar. 30 2002 at 08:19

- Hummercash - 03-30-2002

should you be talking about these things? isn't there some sort of NDA?

- AdolescentMasturbator - 03-30-2002

Sssh no need to discuss the Non-Disclosure Agreement.

- LZMF1 - 03-30-2002

Quote:i hate you. i will hunt you down and steal it from you. watch your back. Wink
i fear no ninjas!!!!!!! you are soooooooooo jealous.

EDITED lz watch out for that quoting problem we have.

Edited By AdolescentMasturbator on April 05 2002 at 6:51

- LZMF1 - 04-05-2002

woohooo!!!!!

the UPS guy just delivered SOCOM u.s. navy seals online. time to go shoot some people online!

goddamn this game is tough!!!!

i just got wasted like 10 times in a row and i only took out 2 people in that time.

I STINK!!!!!

Edited By LZMF1 on April 05 2002 at 2:45

- Hybrid - 04-06-2002

i want one.

- Keyser Soze - 04-09-2002

The killer app for PS2 broadband has arrived....

<font size="3">"EverQuest" coming to PlayStation 2</font>
By David Becker
Staff Writer, CNET News.com
April 8, 2002, 9:00 PM PT

Sony will announce on Tuesday the release of a PlayStation 2 version of its popular online PC game "EverQuest," as it tries to build an audience for an upcoming online add-on for the video game console.
Sony Computer Entertainment of America announced last month that by August it would start selling a PS2 network adapter with an Ethernet port for broadband Internet connections and a modem for dial-up access. Sony executives said there was widespread support among game developers who are planning to add online components to their PS2 game, but it offered no specifics.

Sony is racing against Microsoft, which has said it would launch an online service for its Xbox game machine in late summer or early fall. Microsoft is expected to provide specifics for the online service at the E3 trade show next month.

In Tuesday's announcement, Sony Online Entertainment, a division of the media and electronics conglomerate, said it would release "EverQuest Online Adventure," based on the series of PC online games, for the PS2 next spring. The game will consist of packaged software and a subscription-based online service.

"EverQuest" is one of the biggest financial success stories in the nascent world of online gaming, with more than 400,000 subscribers paying subscription fees--$12.95 a month as of April 25--for access to the huge virtual world the game occurs in.

Analysts said the announcement helps Sony build credibility for its effort to push the PS2 online, but they questioned whether the "EverQuest" style of gaming will work on a console. For starters, much "EverQuest" activity centers on online chat, something that won't be possible on the PS2 without an add-on keyboard or voice capability.

The current "EverQuest" "is really a PC-centric experience where you're typing a lot of stuff," said IDC analyst Schelley Olhava. "They're going to have to find a way to translate that to the console."

Scott McDaniel, vice president of marketing for Sony Online, said the new version of "EverQuest" will be a fresh design most effective for console play. Chat components will be offered through a variety of peripherals, plus preset menus of common phrases.

"It's going to work in a similar manner (to the PC game,) but its very much a streamlined interface and to a degree streamlined game play," he said. "We're making sure it's very easy to get into it and start doing things quickly."

Gartner analyst P.J. McNealey agreed that Sony Online faces challenges in leveraging "EverQuest"'s popularity on the PC. "There is some overlap between PC gamers and console gamers, but its not a one-to-one mix," he said.

But in the short term, the prospect of the game will help build interest in online gaming for the PS2, McNealey said. "This helps Sony's marketing for the online adapter for the rest of the year," he said. "They can always hold up this title and say, 'Look what's coming.'"

Edited By Keyser Soze on April 09 2002 at 10:14

- LZMF1 - 04-09-2002

everquest should kick ass even if it is ported to the ps2.

i just hope that they make EASports NHL 200X online or NHL FaceOff 200X online. any hockey game online will work for me.

- Arthur Dent - 06-18-2002

It's Here

Navy Seals with Headset

Nice!!

- LZMF1 - 06-18-2002

NICE!!!

- Gooch - 06-18-2002

Everquest isn't the killer app. When they make Dark Age of Camelot, which blows fucking Boringquest out of the water....that will be the online killer app.

- Arthur Dent - 06-26-2002

[Image: sheldon2004063220626.gif]

- LZMF1 - 08-30-2002

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>I AM SOFA KING PISSED!!!!!!Confusedneak:</span>

my free PS2 broadband adaptor will not be shipped til the end of september. well i guess i'll consider it a nice birthday gift when it comes.