CDIH
Whatcha listening to? - right now... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Whatcha listening to? - right now... (/showthread.php?tid=94)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

- Maynard - 01-25-2002

Actually Slash, I bought their first album before Creep was played on the radio. A friend recommended them to me, I can't remember exactly how he heard of them. And I've been a fan of them since. I actually liked Kid A and Amnesiac the best of their 5 albums. Mainly I think because both albums were influecned by Sigur Ros.

I don't think they've lost anything in their sound. They've only changed styles. Of course not everyone will like them, but I'm into it.

- Spitfire - 01-25-2002

Reasons I do not like Radiohead:
<li>Their music after The Bends is tuneless, blank and whiney, with no feeling behind it
<li>I hate electronic music in any form...even if it is mixed with rock...it's just noise to me
<li>Death to Art Faggets! :lol:

I know you have a lot of integrity when it comes to music, so I'm not faulting you for it Maymay...to each his own

- Maynard - 01-25-2002

WEll, as I said, I certainly know it's not for everyone. In fact, most people would look at the stuff I listen to and go WTF?

At least I don't listen to Ace of Base like Sean does. Confusednicker: :roltflmao:

On a side note, I listened to Queens Of The Stone Age for the first time the other night, and really dug it. I've been looking for the album that I heard, but don't remember the name of any of the songs on it. Cry
Any help would be appreciated (Moron) in finding this album.

<font color=EEEEEE>

Edited By Maynard on Jan. 25 2002 at 12:27

- SLASH - 01-25-2002

That would be Rated R or just self-titled QOTSA. Also Kyuss's last LP was titled 'Quuens of the Stone Age for which some of the remaining members after the split of Kyuss used as their new band.

Garcia, the vocalist of Kyuss, formed Unida. The 'Coyote' LP kicks ass!

Edited By SLASH on Jan. 25 2002 at 12:34

- Spitfire - 01-25-2002

Do you remember ANY lyrics at all...I pretty much have both cd's memorized...it was probably Rated R though....very, very different than anything, pretty much all the songs sounded differently (I actually didn't like it the first couple of times I listened, but it became one of my favorites of all time)

my fave song from there (which I just put on)...really trippy/foreboding

<font color=blue>Better Living Through Chemistry

The blue pill opens your eyes
Is there a better way
A new religion prescribed
To those without the faith
The hero holding a knife
And blood is not enough
Is it too late to go back?
Is it too late to go?

There’s no one here
And people everywhere, you’re on your own

Let’s see if I’m hearing this right
You suggest I should take
And never endings are glad
(right channel - A never-ending supply)
To carry out the dead
Your idols burn in the fire
The mob comes crawling out (take us down and out)
I’m reclaiming their minds
Destroying everyone

There’s no one here
And people everywhere, you’re all alone </font color=blue>

- BeckyDC - 01-25-2002

Radiohead makes me sleepy. Im listening to Deftones - Adrenaline right now.

- SLASH - 01-25-2002

Quote:(I actually didn't like it the first couple of times I listened, but it became one of my favorites of all time)

Those are , as a rule, usually the best albums.

- Maynard - 01-25-2002

I do remember him telling me that one of the songs was actually played on the radio a bit. Does that help?

AND....I've been looking for Sky Valley, and can't find that fucking album anywhere. I saw it ONCE after you recommended it to me, like a year ago, but didn't buy it then. And now, I've been looking for it and can't find it. BAH!

- SLASH - 01-25-2002

Quote:I do remember him telling me that one of the songs was actually played on the radio a bit. Does that help?

That would be Rated R (released 2000). The song would be 'The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret.'<FONT COLOR=#eeeeee>

Edited By SLASH on Jan. 25 2002 at 12:51

- Maynard - 01-25-2002

SLASH Wrote:
Quote:I do remember him telling me that one of the songs was actually played on the radio a bit. Does that help?

That would be Rated R (released 200). The song would be 'The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret. '
Thanks

- Spitfire - 01-25-2002

Quote:Those are , as a rule, usually the best albums.
I totally agree!

"The Lost Art of Keeping a Secret" was the only song the radio played....I wonder if things will change when Songs for the Deaf comes out...Dave Grohl does a bunch of drum tracks, Brant Bjork (Fu Manchu/Kyuss) does the rest and Mark Lanegan (Screaming Trees) is now their lead singer

Probably the only place you'll find Sky Valley is online
Go here All That's Heavy store---they have some of the most kick-ass music around...and they're really, really reliable, I buy most of my music from them

Another edit lol

Nick Oliveri (QOTSA bassist) interview

Edited By Spitfire on Jan. 25 2002 at 1:04

- SLASH - 01-25-2002

Mark Lanegan? No shit!

On a lighter, MUCH LIGHTER, note... has anyone seen the Bret Michalels salute to Poison cd in the store? It is a tribute cd of sorts with all thses bands covering the Poison songs (Bret on the cover). The last time I saw something sad like that was Gene Simmon's involvement with the Kiss Tribute (Kiss MY Ass -- I think it was called).

I also noticed the "Bluegraas tribute to Mellencamp" cd, but I know better than to as if any of you fuckers heard any of it or not.

Quote:Probably the only place you'll find Sky Valley is online

[Iron Clad Kicking In]MayNERD doesn't shop online!!![/Iron Clad Kicking Out!!!]

I actually found it in a store. You should be able to find it in quality record stores / Best Buy / local cd store chains. Just don't run into Sam Good and the like or department stores and think it will be waiting for you on the shelf.

spit is actually co-founder of the All that's heavy online store so I won't buy into her spam, LOL

Edited By SLASH on Jan. 25 2002 at 1:15

- Maynard - 01-25-2002

Quote:Mark Lanegan? No shit!

On a lighter, MUCH LIGHTER, note... has anyone seen the Bret Michalels salute to Poison cd in the store? It is a tribute cd of sorts with all thses bands covering the Poison songs (Bret on the cover). The last time I saw something sad like that was Gene Simmon's involvement with the Kiss Tribute (Kiss MY Ass -- I think it was called).

I also noticed the "Bluegraas tribute to Mellencamp" cd, but I know better than to as if any of you fuckers heard any of it or not.
Actually I almost picked the bluegrass tribute up the other day. I think I'll have to listen to it first because who the hell know's how badly they may butcher his music.

It's actually funny that you bring that up now, because it's not a new album, but I just saw it in the store yesterday looking through the bluegrass section. (very small)
<font color=EEEEEE>

Edited By Maynard on Jan. 25 2002 at 1:16

- SLASH - 01-25-2002

Quote:It's actually funny that you bring that up now, because it's not a new album, but I just saw it in the store yesterday looking through the bluegrass section. (very small)

And you think it is a coincidence, my paranoid friend?

- Spitfire - 01-25-2002

Quote:spit is actually co-founder of the All that's heavy online store so I won't buy into her spam, LOL
NO, but I do pretty much keep them in business with my purchases...maybe I should start taking a kickback for referrals Smile

- Maynard - 01-25-2002

Code:
[Iron Clad Kicking In]MayNERD doesn't shop online!!![/Iron Clad Kicking Out!!!]
NICE!

- Maynard - 01-25-2002

For SLASH....

Radiohead - Kid A

- Spitfire - 01-25-2002

:lol: I remembered that too..I was just trying to convince you to try...never mind....

- IkeaBoy - 01-25-2002

snowmiser- year w/o santa claus

- IkeaBoy - 01-25-2002

Floyd- Wish You were Here