CDIH
Thoughts on week 3. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Thoughts on week 3. (/showthread.php?tid=9411)

Pages: 1 2

- Keyser Soze - 09-25-2004

Why so much hating on the Colts? OK, edge was a question earlier in the week but he is going to start and he has a more than capable backup to give him a rest if need be. I think the Colts will roll all over the Packers this weekend. They played well against the Pats in the opener and beat a tough Titans team in week 2.

Steelers/Dolphins. This game rides on how effective Chambers can continue to be and if Gordon can somehow get some forward progress. Hines Ward will continue to dominate. The Steelers should be able to shut down the Dolphins anemic offense.

Bengals/Ravens. Not sure why the Bengals are getting so much credit in a game where they are getting 3.5 pts. Curtis Martin ran all over them, what do you think Jamal Lewis will do? Rudi Johnson has yet to show the explosiveness he did last season and it won't get any easier against a tough Ravens run defense this week. I think the Ravens will win more decisively than the spread would indicate.

- Galt - 09-25-2004

Ronin's compliment went right to your head, didn't it?

nah, just bored.

- Galt - 09-25-2004

I did a 6 for 6 that runs on the floor of the NYSE last week. It's $20 a head, and there's a pot of like $10k a week. If you win all 6 games against the spread, you take home all the money. Obviously, if more than one person wins, the money gets divied up. The only game I got wrong last week was the biggest layup of week. How on earth does Green Bay not cover giving 8 points at home against the atrocious Chicago offense??

So, I've given up on predicting football.

I'd like to get in on that action. $20 to win $10,000 is not a bad gamble.

- Galt - 09-25-2004

well, there's normally a handful of people who win every week.

The smart thing is to always bet on the Monday night game, so if you're 5 for 5, you can hedge and bet the other side.

good thing i didnt bet on readers digest.

- Galt - 09-25-2004

I'm really surprised. Every company goes up when they go marketing. I guess this is why it's not "insider info" since I was totally wrong. Or maybe I'm bad luck. This week things have to pick up. Watch the volume.

- diceisgod - 09-25-2004

If I lose this week my season may be over already. I can't go into a Minnesota bye week 0-3. (I have Culpepper, Moss, AND Onterio)

sell O while his stock is high

- Galt - 09-25-2004

diceisgod Wrote:If I lose this week my season may be over already. I can't go into a Minnesota bye week 0-3. (I have Culpepper, Moss, AND Onterio)
If you lost the first two weeks with Daunte and Moss you will never win.

Daunte and Moss must have accounted for like 60 points the first week alone.

- diceisgod - 09-25-2004

It's been a tough luck season to say the least

post your entire team

- diceisgod - 09-26-2004

QB: Culpepper, Brady
RB: Rudi Johnson, Warrick Dunn, O. Smith, E. Smith
WR: Randy Moss, Mason, Javon Walker, Branch
TE: Pollard, McMicheal
K: Nedney, Carney
Alt: Wheatley,Julius Jones
D: Tampa, Pitt

- The Sleeper - 09-26-2004

did you take 2 qbs in the first 3 rounds or something idiotic like that?

- Bloody Anus - 09-26-2004

My 4-teamer

Jacksonville +5.5. They are this year's Carolina. They may not get to the Superbowl but they will be getting points all season and will cover a majority of the time because they have a great defense and an offense that's better than it's shown the first 2 weeks.

Philadelphia -4.5. The only reason Detroit beat Chicago was because of a blocked FG, otherwise this would be at least 7.5. Philadelphia went 7-1 on the road last year. Of course, all any of this means is that they'll win 24-20.

Green Bay +5.5. GB always plays to the level of their competition. They lost to Arizona and Detroit last year. Beat the NFC champs on the road week 1 and lose at home to Chicago (who they ALWAYS beat). Favre traditionally doesn't play well in domes, but it's not gonna matter when Green rushes for 150.

Seattle -10.5. I usually stay away from these hugs spreads, but... the only question marks for Seattle was their defense and if they could win on the road, and both have been pretty well answered the first 2 weeks, only 1 TD allowed.. against NO, who put up 30 the next week against... San Francisco.

It all seems so simple and logical right now. But 12 hours from now, I'm going to look like a complete fucking idiot..

- diceisgod - 09-26-2004

The Sleeper Wrote:did you take 2 qbs in the first 3 rounds or something idiotic like that?
No. Moss then Culpeppper. Btw I have 150 points so far. Totally crushing some poor slob. And i still have TB left to play. Javon Walker is a god.

- The Sleeper - 09-26-2004

a god that made a key fumble that cost bloody anus a lot of money probably

- Keyser Soze - 09-26-2004

fantasy stud, gambling piriah

- Bloody Anus - 09-27-2004

key fumble, missed FG.. the usual. 22 straight losses now. Not sure which one hurts more, this or last year's Jets-Oakland disaster. Especially since I was seriously considering taking the over (which was covered by halftime).
The Longwell missed FG also cost me a win in a money league, ended up in a tie when Pittsburgh scored the TD. If they would have kicked the late FG instead of running the clock down, and scored 16 pts against Miami's D I'd have won by 2.