CDIH
Holy Shit!!!! Part 2 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Holy Shit!!!! Part 2 (/showthread.php?tid=9414)

- GonzoStyle - 09-26-2004

No it's not deja vu, Roy Jones just got knocked out again on HBO.

Out cold!!!

He's still on the canvas eyes closed, just out of it.

he's still out of it on his stool, he got fuckin rocked like nothin I seen in years.

- The Sleeper - 09-26-2004

did you drop your scorecard in disbelief?

I didnt even bother cause I figured it would be a cakewalk for jones.

btw he's still on his stool, it's been almost 20 minutes now.

- diceisgod - 09-26-2004

Fuck! I forgot about that fight

They said he had a concussion, they had to finally get off the air so there was no interview with jones.

I think its time to retire and knowing jones he probably will.

- Sir O - 09-26-2004

diceisgod Wrote:Fuck! I forgot about that fight
Me too... :-(

It's a sad night when roy jones jr. gets crushed.

Yet on the same night, after an over 8 year lay off Riddick Bowe makes his comeback and wins by a second round TKO.

[Image: capt.okso11109260350.bowe_comeback_okso111.jpg] (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)}" onclick="javascript:if(this.width > (screen.width/2)){this.width = (this.width/2)} else {this.width = (this.width*2)}" border="0" alt='Posted image: Click to resize'>

- sblueman - 09-26-2004

Wow....Roy Jones got rocked.....makes you wonder how much of himself he left in the ring after Tarver beat him. He looked so lost after that showing, and this today is a total shock.

- Arpikarhu - 09-26-2004

my opinion, jones has just lost interest. i think he could have beat tarver and johnson. i just dont think he cared.

- Gooch - 09-26-2004

he blew his load with Ruiz. Once he did that, he lost all passion for the sport, b/c nothing excited him anymore.

- HedCold - 09-26-2004

oooohhh, when i put on hbo last night i figured they were just replaying some boxing from last week or something
if i knew it was going to be jones i would have watched. oh well

i blame gonzo for not starting a post about it

- IrishAlkey - 09-26-2004

I told you so.

- GonzoStyle - 09-27-2004

I completely disagree, if its one thing Jones always did his entire career its not put himself in danger. Johnson came out and rushed jones from the first bell to the last. Jones was more active in this fight than his last 20 combined, he was forced to trade shots and he gave it his all connecting on Johnson with fierce combinations 4 and 5 at a time in the middle rounds when he was sensing he was losing the fight. He was landing punches that back in the day put everyone to sleep.

He simply has finally become too old for this shit, it happens to everyone without exception when they stay around too long. Did anyone think Holyfield after beating Tyson in 96 and then again in 97 and then knocking michael moore out to redeem his loss to him. Did we picture him in 2004 losing fight after fight and being beaten around like a rag doll by fuckin John Ruiz?

Jones got old, plain and simple. He came in over confident and Johnson gave him no respect. After Tarver ko'ed him in 2 rounds, no one was ever gonna respect him again.

Just like Tyson when he lost his cloak of invincibilty, no one again really feared him or atleast as much. Same with Jones he was finally exposed.

Jones had never been in a back and forth where the fighter came at him as hard as he came at them, they were always content to fight jones for 12 rounds for a huge payday. They knew that as long as you didnt pressure Jones he would gladly dance around for 12 rounds and once in a while do a flurry for the crowd. He was finally tested by Tarver and was forced to finally fight at a hectic pace and he folded. He spend a decade trying not to get hit, he hasnt been used to anyone hitting him in a long ass time.

Jones has always been petrified of ending up like Ali and he finally not just got KO'ed but he got injured and got ko'ed viciously, he's done.

Jones was an amazing champion, he was ridiculously blessed with skill and never trully aspired due to a lack of talent at his division and lack of being willing to put himself at risk.

I don't wanna hear the Ruiz crap, ruiz was and always will be a fuckin bum beating him was no big deal, he fought "A" heavyweight, but never "A" good heavyweight.