CDIH
World Series - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: World Series (/showthread.php?tid=9539)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Bloody Anus - 10-22-2004

Boston leads the series 3-2. Game 6 October 30th goes extra innings. Top 11th, Larry Walker comes up with runners at 1st and 3rd. Mike Myers comes in to pitch. Right as the clock strikes midnight, Myers hangs a 2-1 slider and the Cardinals take a 3-run lead to force game 7, which they ultimately win.

Actually I do think Boston will win. I mean who would you want starting games 6/7 for you, Schilling/Martinez or Marquis/Morris? But the most important thing right now is whether Steve Kline will be healthy enough to pitch.

FOX should replace McCarver with Jerry Remy to even things out, and hopefully even incite a fight in the booth. It's only fair.

- Galt - 10-22-2004

Jerry Remy is fucking awesome.

Game 1: St. Louis
Game 2: Boston
Game 3: St. Louis
Game 4: Boston
Game 5: Boston
Game 6: Boston

- The Jays - 10-22-2004

Let's go Jason Marquis!!!

- The Jays - 10-22-2004

Quote:As an aside, speaking of Schilling, the Cardinals know him well. “Schill the Thrill” has a career mark of 5-9 with a 4.58 earned-run average against the Cardinals. And that’s on two good ankles.

- Bloody Anus - 10-23-2004

Another completely useless stat.

5-9, 4.58 includes 9 McGwire rbi's and 3 Ray Lankford homers. But Bobby Bonilla is just 8-37 off him, and Will Clark 4-23, so if he keeps them off base he should be in good shape.

- GonzoStyle - 10-23-2004

He'll walk McGwire if he knows whats good for him.

- Galt - 10-23-2004

Bloody Anus Wrote:Another completely useless stat.

5-9, 4.58 includes 9 McGwire rbi's and 3 Ray Lankford homers. But Bobby Bonilla is just 8-37 off him, and Will Clark 4-23, so if he keeps them off base he should be in good shape.
that's why I never understood those "career vs....." and the "1918" bullshit. There is so much turnover in baseball, who gives a rat's ass abotu who was on what team? The thought that the Red Sox were chokers became just ridiculous in the early 90s when players so freely started moving from team to to team.

No one on either team has any history as a Cardinal or a Red Sox player.

The stats are useless, and the people who pay attention are retarded.

- Galt - 10-27-2004

I think this thread got broken. The Sox/Yankees thread had 100x more traffic than the World Series thread.

- GonzoStyle - 10-27-2004

I pray now that the cardinals perform a 4 game sweep so we can call it the worst choke in history, it would be the sweetest revenge.

- Galt - 10-27-2004

it really would be funny. I must admit. Especially since there would be many people who committ suicide.

It's a long shot but it's the only reason left to actually watch the world series.

Though I will be highly dissapointed if the sox win in st. louis, I want them to win in boston so the rioting can be at max capacity and so we can watch them burn fenway to the ground.

- crx girl - 10-27-2004

Galt Wrote:I think this thread got broken. The Sox/Yankees thread had 100x more traffic than the World Series thread.
yeah, i think a total of 6 people went out to watch the game last night.

- Galt - 10-27-2004

I went out. I'm not tonight though.

- crx girl - 10-27-2004

my boss is a met fan and he was all laughing about the yankees losing. i'd like to see him laugh now after sales last night were about a third of what they were last tuesday.

- The Jays - 10-27-2004

Galt Wrote:I think this thread got broken. The Sox/Yankees thread had 100x more traffic than the World Series thread.
the curse brough down the board for the first two games of the series

crx girl Wrote:my boss is a met fan and he was all laughing about the yankees losing. i'd like to see him laugh now after sales last night were about a third of what they were last tuesday.
when he laughs just remind him of 2000.

- Galt - 10-27-2004

typical Yankee fan. Clinging to ancient history.

to you I say 1919-2003.

- Galt - 10-27-2004

be that is it may. Both the White Sox and Cubs are worse in that regards. However, there is no team in baseball history that approached the futility of the Yankees blowing 4 straight clinching games including two extra innings games. Pathetic.

- The Jays - 10-27-2004

Shit, man, that's like older than Israel