CDIH
So I'm On The Market For A New House. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: So I'm On The Market For A New House. (/showthread.php?tid=9559)

Pages: 1 2

- Hoon - 10-27-2004

So the last few months I've been looking for a new house.
My biggest pet peeve was realized yet again yesterday.
The realtor took my wife and I too look at this one house.
A beautiful 2 story home completely redone.

We get there and the house is full of people.
It was the tenents. (It's currently a rental property)
The realtor not only didn't warn the tenets about the visit but it was the first time she'd even seen the house.
See this house doesn't seem to yeild enough profit for her
So we're looking it over, babies are following us, talking to us, the tv was blaring but overall it was pretty neatly kept.

We go upstairs to look at the bedrooms and there's this 12 year old girl sitting on her bed w/ headphones on just staring at us. Like she's some object in a meuseum.

I went down cellar to check out the man things.
IE: Furnace, water heater, leakage etc.
And the mother comes running to the basement door and slams it saying something about her babies falling down the cellar stairs.

We put an offer in on the house just to piss them all off.

- GonzoStyle - 10-27-2004

Your realtor is a moron.

- Hoon - 10-27-2004

So unprofessional.
Before I sign anything I may require that she dance like a monkey for me first.

She'll do it if it means a commission.

Well I was a realtor before I went over to mortgages, has the realtor been doing this for any period of time? Ofcourse they can lie and say they have, I know I did. Did he/she explain all the fiduciary responsibilities, realtor relationships, etc to you when you first met? Plus they probably aren't the listing agent since they never saw the place. I'd be careful if they are fairly new because they can fuck up paperwork for you and cost you money. They also don't know certain things like at closing if the current owner of the property hasn't filled out certain forms like a current property evaluation you are owed 500 dollars at closing from the owner. When you get an attorney get a real estate attorney, if you need a number for one let me know.

- Goatweed - 10-27-2004

when I was house hunting, there were a few times where it felt that we were obviously unexpected when we went to view the house, and it felt awkward as hell. We also got to see that people are generally slobs, though there were even some slobs that didn't bother to neaten things up depsite the fact that they knew we were going to be visiting.

I don't miss that experience at all - the only thing that could possibly be worse than house hunting is the moving process, especially when you deal with shady Russian movers who were referred to you by your wife's teacher-pals.

yeah the friend of a friend referals, I hate those. especially when people call me and they have a friends brothers, brother in law who is in the business, then fuckin call him for your needs why the fuck you wasting my time? I never deal with those types cause they will take you almost to closing and then pull out and waste all your time.

- Hoon - 10-27-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:Well I was a realtor before I went over to mortgages, has the realtor been doing this for any period of time? Ofcourse they can lie and say they have, I know I did. Did he/she explain all the fiduciary responsibilities, realtor relationships, etc to you when you first met? Plus they probably aren't the listing agent since they never saw the place. I'd be careful if they are fairly new because they can fuck up paperwork for you and cost you money. They also don't know certain things like at closing if the current owner of the property hasn't filled out certain forms like a current property evaluation you are owed 500 dollars at closing from the owner. When you get an attorney get a real estate attorney, if you need a number for one let me know.
Well they've been in business for quite awhile.
I've heard alot of good things about here and their comapny.
I know they're looking out for the seller but you may be right.
She may not have been the listing agent since she said "they didn't tell her anything about the house".
I assumed "they" were the sellers.

She seems to have her shit together.
Constantly warning us over and over about possible fee's, who's responsible for what etc, etc.

As for the moving.
I'll be doing that myself.

Edited By Hoon on 1098889034

Hoon Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:Well I was a realtor before I went over to mortgages, has the realtor been doing this for any period of time? Ofcourse they can lie and say they have, I know I did. Did he/she explain all the fiduciary responsibilities, realtor relationships, etc to you when you first met? Plus they probably aren't the listing agent since they never saw the place. I'd be careful if they are fairly new because they can fuck up paperwork for you and cost you money. They also don't know certain things like at closing if the current owner of the property hasn't filled out certain forms like a current property evaluation you are owed 500 dollars at closing from the owner. When you get an attorney get a real estate attorney, if you need a number for one let me know.
Well they've been in business for quite awhile.
I've heard alot of good things about here and their comapny.
I know they're looking out for the seller but you may be right.
She may not have been the listing agent since she said "they didn't tell her anything about the house".
I assumed "they" were the sellers.

She seems to have her shit together.
Constantly warning us over and over about possible fee's, who's responsible for what etc, etc.

As for the moving.
I'll be doing that myself.
Well during the first conversation she had with you she was by law required to explain her fiduciary responsibilities to you and that she represents the seller and not you.

- Goatweed - 10-27-2004

Quote:yeah the friend of a friend referals, I hate those. especially when people call me and they have a friends brothers, brother in law who is in the business, then fuckin call him for your needs why the fuck you wasting my time? I never deal with those types cause they will take you almost to closing and then pull out and waste all your time.
The head-guy's name was Leslie, which I thought was kinda gay until I thought of Leslie Nielsen.

He was all cool & nice when we contracted him, but then he was a real cocksucker on the day of the move. He decides he's gonna stop for pizza (enroute to moving us to the new house), so he pulls over in a tight street, and ended up side-swiping some guy's van, taking out his mirror. He decides he's gonna play it off like he didn't notice it, and since the guy wasn't in his van he'd be none the wiser. Anyway, someone saw it and knew the guy I guess, 'cause they ran into the other store where he was, filled him in and got him out. Long story short, the mover tries to hit ME up for $50 to give the guy to pay for the damages, and when I didn't he basically became a complete asshole. I mean, he said he was gonna take it off the final bill, but why didnt he wanna put his own $$ out, and why should I have to cover for his fuckup??

- Hoon - 10-27-2004

She never outright said that to me.
Maybe to my wife but not me.
I'm well aware though they're trying to get as much money as possible for themselves and the seller, first.
She's good though at seeming to be worried about our interests.

The thing that sucks is that where I live a nice house with a nice yard goes for 40k to 50k. Even 30 k if you wanted to do alittle work yourself.
But we live near a military base that added 2,000 men to it's division so houses that were going for 40k last year are no going for 70k if not much more in some cases.

Hoon Wrote:She never outright said that to me.
Maybe to my wife but not me.
I'm well aware though they're trying to get as much money as possible for themselves and the seller, first.
She's good though at seeming to be worried about our interests.

The thing that sucks is that where I live a nice house with a nice yard goes for 40k to 50k. Even 30 k if you wanted to do alittle work yourself.
But we live near a military base that added 2,000 men to it's division so houses that were going for 40k last year are no going for 70k if not much more in some cases.
Well ask your wife if she did explain all that to her cause shes supposed to explain it and then have both of you sign a disclosure form to prove that she went over everything with you, otherwise she is in violation of DOS law. Thats the very first thing they push into a realtors head, its one of the most important things taught. So if she hasn't done that, then who knows what else she hasn't done properly.

- Hoon - 10-27-2004

Can I sue this bitch!?

- Mad - 10-27-2004

How big are those houses and what are the property taxes? 70K around here is just a down payment on LI.

- Hoon - 10-27-2004

Shit,

Up here you can get a 2,000 square foot, 2 story home on an acre or two of land for 40k to 50 k (and that's a nice house) and pay 2k or less in taxes a year.
Most get quite a discount on their taxes with the Star Program too..

See, there are pluses to being 40 minutes away form the nearest Dunkin' Donuts.

Hoon Wrote:Can I sue this bitch!?
You could if the deal goes sour, especially if she says anything about the house that is not true or advises you in anything dealing with law.

They always told us never be a lawyer or a contractor, if a client asks legal or construction advice just say you do not know for sure and refer them to a proffesional.

Like if you ask her "is the roof in good condition?" and she says "yes" or "I believe so" then you can sue her if it starts to leak a month after you move in.

Mad Wrote:How big are those houses and what are the property taxes? 70K around here is just a down payment on LI.
Yeah I was kinda surprised myself when I started hearing some of the prices people were paying for homes. When I started hearing houses going for 50-100k, I figured they were like handy-man specials or something but they were really nice homes. When we get in the appraisals we get pictures of the property inside and out and there were some excellent homes out there.

Then again like hoon says, you're living 40 minutes away from dunkin donuts. I couldn't live in any place where I have to drive 10 minutes to get a carton of milk.

- Hoon - 10-27-2004

There's nothing up here but the military base.
Just woods and welfare.
It's easy to look like a baller up here if you're willing to get a job and get up every morning.

- Hoon - 10-27-2004

Let me also add that if you're making 40k up here a year, you're doing pretty well.

and you can get spinning rims for the wheels on your house and really be livin ghetto fabulous.

Or hope MTV comes out with a new show called "pimp my trailer"

- Hoon - 10-27-2004

and instead of having to pay to get rid of your old tires you can always throw them on your trailer's roof.

That seems like it's the cool thing to do.