CDIH
Election Predictions - who's going to win? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Election Predictions - who's going to win? (/showthread.php?tid=9572)

Pages: 1 2

- Galt - 10-28-2004

I truly think Bush will win, and that it won't be as close as is being predicted. I have no concrete proof, but I think that the results of elections are always more republican leaning than polls say (since democrats are lazy people)

A little over 110 million vote (105 million voted in 2000), which isn't a big difference given how close the last election was, and the fact that 95 million voted in '96 and 105MM in '92. The more voters, the better for Kerry.

Bush gets 290+ electoral votes and wins the popular vote.

Bush wins Florida, Wisconsin, and Ohio. Kerry wins Pennsylvania, Minn, Michigan, Iowa.

Edited By Galt on 1098980465

- Mad - 10-28-2004

It will be a fucked up mess and the loser will be contesting the vote with all sorts of legal bullshit.

- The Sleeper - 10-28-2004

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3960679.stm">http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3960679.stm</a><!-- m -->

- Goatweed - 10-28-2004

turd sandwich

- GonzoStyle - 10-28-2004

Several months ago you figured Bush had no chance until the democrats chose for their canidate the person most devoid of any personality, charm or charisma. The guy sweeps the debates and will probably still lose, maybe Bush really does have God on his side.

- Mad - 10-28-2004

Goatweed Wrote:turd sandwich
I refuse to vote for a Giant Douche or the Turd Sandwich.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 10-29-2004

Then you have no right to complain if you don't like what the winner does in office.

- Hoon - 10-29-2004

Bush.
And I agree with Galt, it'll be more decisive than polls are showing.

- Mad - 10-29-2004

2 tired 2 give N F Wrote:Then you have no right to complain if you don't like what the winner does in office.
Fuck off Nimrod.

I'll be voting for any and all Libertarians on the ballot.

The Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich are one of the same. Some day you'll see pass the illusion of the "two Party" system.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 10-29-2004

My bad...I thought you were saying you weren't voting. Vote and you can bitch...I just can't stand those people who don't vote or who can't vote and complain about elected officials.

- GonzoStyle - 10-29-2004

I disagree if you vote for the people who come into office and contribute to the insanity then you have no right to complain. Plus neither man deserves to be in office atleast in my opinion so why should I be forced to choose, if I don't support either man?

- Galt - 10-29-2004

You have to vote for someone or else you can't complain is stupid. But not as dumb as vote or die. That's just idiotic.

I want less people to vote. If you don't know what you are doing, leave the voting to professionals.

Vote or die is really the worst attempt at getting the youth vote, ever.

I agree with what Gore Vidal has said many times in the past which is basically what Galt said. In essence he said that its not always a good thing to worry about the percentages of who votes and what age group, etc etc as long as its the informed people who vote. 50% of americans admit they do not read the newspaper, 50% of americans vote, we can only hope its the same 50%.

Saying you HAVE to choose or you have no voice at all goes against the entire point of our system and goverment. We have the right to choose or atleast we thought, some people will choose bush, some kerry, some nader, and some will choose neither and not because they are lazy or don't care. I voted in 96 and 00, I simply have CHOSEN not to vote for either candidate because I can not stand by either man. Therefore I do retain my right to complain becuase I chose and its not cause its the "safe" choice because then I can say I never voted, I have voted but not this time.

- Hoon - 10-29-2004

It's an MTV backed and promoted attempt to get Kerry elected by mobilizing the ignorance of todays TRL youth.

Any kid that would stand outside MTV studio's in Times Square in below zero weather just to get a glimpse of fucking Nelly - should not only be banned from voting but the continuation of their very lives should be reviewed.

- Galt - 10-29-2004

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

- Goatweed - 10-29-2004

the middle part of that song kicks ass

- Hoon - 10-29-2004

Since this race is so heated and infuriating..
I think the loser should be forced to eat a fresh piece of shit on National Television before he begins his concession speech.

He'll be too busy complaining about florida or whatever state the bush family has gotten too this year.

- Gooch - 10-29-2004

Kerry will win. new voters and latest trend is more for Kerry, and I expect to see that continue. if it's closer, it will be messy. and lots of lawyering to take weeks. but, could be a solid elctoral is the swing state movement continues.

- Galt - 10-29-2004

The Economist Magazine just backed Kerry.

That's about as unheard of as the Boston Globe and NY Times supporting a republican.