CDIH
NBA season - lets get retarded - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: NBA season - lets get retarded (/showthread.php?tid=9612)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- HedCold - 11-22-2004

my team in my pay money league is fucked, and now nowitzki is out too!

- Galt - 11-22-2004

I hope Artest shows up to camp next year the size of ODB

- Keyser Soze - 11-22-2004

From AZCentral.com

Maybe Artest just figured if he was to be taken seriously as a rapper, he'd have to do something that would top that melee that broke out at the taping of the Vibe Awards in a Santa Monica, Calif., airplane hangar last Monday.

Actually, the album that Artest supposedly wanted time off to promote is Allure: Chapter III by Allure, an all-female vocal trio which he has signed to his label TruWarier Records (his spelling, not ours).

The first single to be released from that album is aptly titled Uh Oh.

But Artest told SI.com earlier this year that he is also working on his own stuff, which he will release on his Web site.

It even includes a country duet with his 78-year-old neighbor, Doris; which is much better than anything we could make up.

Their tune is titled This is My Song, although we're not sure how a duet can be titled in the first person.

Hey, they don't call them the Grammys because they award good grammar.

Before Artest's rap career goes the way of Shaquille O'Neal's and Allen Iverson's, we have some suggestions for other tracks that he might want to consider:

Mutant Mindframe (remix).

(I'm a Crazy) Balla Baby.

"What's In-teg-ri-ty? (I Dunno What That Means).

I Ain't Been Takin' My Medz.

Busta TV.

I Ain't Messin' With Big Ben (But I Can Take That Runt Wit the Beer).

- GonzoStyle - 11-22-2004

I seen the video a buncha times now and the "gomez" guy really didnt get knocked out or down by artest, he's still standing after artest clocked him and then after artest was pushed back he slipped or was thrown down by the incoming crowd and then got back up. Artest is a chump and deserves his suspension, what I am sick of is the people defending him on ESPN. Especially the ones saying it was biased to consider his past offenses, yet if he had no past offenses they would ask to consider that he had no past offenses. That's bullshit, if a guy is in front of a judge for a 10th offense he shouldn't be treated like a first offender.

- The Jays - 11-22-2004

is it confirmed that the Gomez guy was a towel boy or what?

- diceisgod - 11-22-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:what I am sick of is the people defending him on ESPN. Especially the ones saying it was biased to consider his past offenses, yet if he had no past offenses they would ask to consider that he had no past offenses. That's bullshit, if a guy is in front of a judge for a 10th offense he shouldn't be treated like a first offender.
This reeks of Stephen A. Smith or as I so fondly call him: Nigger Face.

- drusilla - 11-23-2004

The Jays Wrote:is it confirmed that the Gomez guy was a towel boy or what?
he wasn't, i saw an interview with him the other night. he said he ran onto the court with his friend & artest just clocked him for no reason. he probably said something stupid to artest, but won't admit it.

- HedCold - 11-23-2004

i still can't believe jermaine oneal and anthony johnson are suspended for punching a guy who was on the court. especially 25 games for oneal.

- Keyser Soze - 11-23-2004

those fans should not have been on the court. i say once a fan enters the court, they deserve to get their ass handed to them.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 11-23-2004

if a fan goes onto a football field, or a baseball field, those players take it into their own hands.

at the superbowl didnt some naked guy run onto the field and just get clocked by a patriot?

- Sir O - 11-23-2004

Quote:O'Neal, according to sources familiar with the ongoing criminal proceedings in suburban Detroit, is being investigated for allegedly having hit a police officer during the brawl.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A3104-2004Nov21.html">http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Nov21.html</a><!-- m -->

- Galt - 11-23-2004

The people that ran on the court and made a move toward Artest deserved to get shit beat by Artest. The guy who throws a plastic cup of water deserves to get shit beat by the cops in the gallows of the stadium. Not by Artest. He can't be judge and jury of everything. It's not fair.

- Sir O - 11-23-2004

Quote:those fans should not have been on the court. i say once a fan enters the court, they deserve to get their ass handed to them.

I agree...to a point. If a fan enters the court, you don't have the right to shoot him in the head. You have the right to take him down and contain him. O'Neal would've Kermit Washingtoned him if he hadn't slipped on his last step. Good, I have no sympathy really for the fat fuck...but there's a difference between force and excessive force. There's a line somewhere, it's blurry as hell though, but I think a running full-force right hook crosses that when you're a 7 foot professional athlete.

When a fan enters the field of play, he's fair game *within reason*. The question is, where does reason end?

- HedCold - 11-23-2004

so then what happens when you try to contain him, someone else comes and attacks you? in that situation punching him like that is within reason in my opinion
as for the cop thing, i can't read that article because you need a login

- Sir O - 11-23-2004

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bugmenot.com/">http://www.bugmenot.com/</a><!-- m -->

And like I said, there's force and then there's excessive force. The idiot fan's actions didn't warrant a bullet. Did it warrant a haymaker from a seven foot pro athlete?

Like I said, this is a crazy grey area. I have no sympathy for the guy. Seriously, fuck him. But both sides were wrong, this isn't a right-wrong situation. It's wrong-wrong, so fuck both wrong sides for their wrong actions.

- Mad - 11-23-2004

Security fucked up and should have handled it. Look for more bullshit excuses to come down hard on everyone going to sporting events. Which really means it's going to cost the fans more money.

- GonzoStyle - 11-23-2004

diceisgod Wrote:
GonzoStyle Wrote:what I am sick of is the people defending him on ESPN. Especially the ones saying it was biased to consider his past offenses, yet if he had no past offenses they would ask to consider that he had no past offenses. That's bullshit, if a guy is in front of a judge for a 10th offense he shouldn't be treated like a first offender.
This reeks of Stephen A. Smith or as I so fondly call him: Nigger Face.
Amazingly his opinion is the opposite, he said he agrees with a suspension as long as his past infractions were not an influence.

- Galt - 11-23-2004

I don't understand how the past infractions aren't an influence? If his lack of any discipline problems would have been mitigating factors, which I'm sure they would have been, shouldn't it work the other way?

- GonzoStyle - 11-23-2004

Galt Wrote:I don't understand how the past infractions aren't an influence? If his lack of any discipline problems would have been mitigating factors, which I'm sure they would have been, shouldn't it work the other way?
Thats exactly what I said.

If he had no past offenses they would ask to consider that he had no past offenses. That's bullshit, if a guy is in front of a judge for a 10th offense he shouldn't be treated like a first offender.

- Galt - 11-23-2004

I knew I stole that logic from somewhere. I just didn't realize it was here. Boy is there egg on my face!