CDIH
Starbucks - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Starbucks (/showthread.php?tid=9619)

Pages: 1 2 3

- GonzoStyle - 11-03-2004

I ran into my cousin today while running some errands and we started to talk and he said lets get some coffee, so I say sure.

He insists we go to starbucks, I never been to starbucks, I had the canned stuff they sell at groceries and such but never been to an actual starbucks.

I say i'd rather have an iced coffee and I like the one at dunkin donuts, they are both within 2 blocks of eachother. But he insists I must try it, so I figure well might as well try it once see what the fuss is.

So we go and amazingly I was really wrong about the starbucks closing down within a month, somehow they are still open. Naturally its empty, no one besides the employees and this was around lunchtime. The fried chicken place across the street is packed, we pass by dunkin donuts it was packed but starbucks is empty.

So he orders his coffee and I have no clue what all these fuckin things mean, I tell him gimme whatever my cousin got.

I don't fuckin get the deal, it was like 4.50 for a cup of coffee, and the coffee wasnt that great, it was almost bitter to be honest.

I do not get the big deal that people make over starbucks. Is it the fact that its the hip place to go or cause it shows some sort of status in society? Cause it sure as fuck ain't the good coffee.

I made him buy me a wonderful iced coffee at dunkin donuts for a 1.75 and it was 100 times better.

- The Jays - 11-03-2004

I just buy 7-11 coffee. I don't get why people are so into buying tall, grande, supergrande overpriced crap, and so much so that they build Starbucks across the street from Starbucks. Is it about the whole "ooh, I can actual sit down somewhere and drink coffee!" atmosphere, or the whole psuedo-intellectual "They let me read books in here! (yes, the ones that they are selling me in the front of the Barnes and Noble which the Starbucks is in." It's not even as efficient as 7-11. I can pour my own coffee, put in all the milk I want, all the sugar I want, I can mix n match, shit, I can cool it off with some blueberry Slurpee. And it's 1.50 for a 24 ounce cup.

- Arpikarhu - 11-03-2004

pretensious people like pretensious things

- drusilla - 11-03-2004

i really don't like coffee at all. the ony thing i'll get from starbucks is a mocha frappuccino. i wont buy the bottled ones cause they suck. as do the ones made at barnes & noble. but i also dump a shit load of sugar in the raw & cinnamon into it to hide the coffee taste. i guess i just got used to it. but i still wont drink regular coffee, or other coffee drinks.

- GonzoStyle - 11-03-2004

I didn't notice any atmosphere at starbucks, it was cluttered and very dark and just bland... just like their coffee.

- Arpikarhu - 11-04-2004

Quote:it was cluttered and very dark and just bland...
so starbucks is like your sex life?

- GonzoStyle - 11-04-2004

Arpikarhu Wrote:
Quote:it was cluttered and very dark and just bland...
so starbucks is like your sex life?
OH!!!

is this how far you have sunk?

- drusilla - 11-04-2004

i would never say that. gonzo has the best stories.

my sex life is dark and cluttered and takes place in a coffee cup.

- drusilla - 11-04-2004

dark is good, cluttered can be good. but taking place inside a coffee cup doesnt sound as good. thats like sleeper saying his takes place in a toilet.

arpi's gonna defend his title this year, he's sunk even lower this year.

- drusilla - 11-04-2004

wouldn't that require him to have made it to the top this year?

point taken, my argument is that he won last year and no one thought he'd become worse but between posts like the one in this thread and the tao of suburbia thread I think he's sunk even lower and surprised everyone.

- The Jays - 11-04-2004

Well, say Arpi's grace was measured on a scale of 1 to 10, and last year he dropped from 10 to 6. Those four points constituted the largest fall from grace. So, now is grace is 6, and this year it drops to 1. Now that's five. A larger fall from grace.

The Jays Wrote:Well, say Arpi's grace was measured on a scale of 1 to 10, and last year he dropped from 10 to 6. Those four points constituted the largest fall from grace. So, now is grace is 6, and this year it drops to 1. Now that's five. A larger fall from grace.
exactly!!

- drusilla - 11-04-2004

hmmm...interesting theories.

- Goatweed - 11-04-2004

the Frappacino's are good when :

1) they dont use a lot of ice
2) someone else pays for it

their regular coffee overall sucks, it's very bitter and just not worth the caffeine jolt.

I didn't have their iced coffee, I had a regular coffee and it was simply horrible.

I shant be trying it again, i'll stick to 7-11 and dunkin donuts.

- Goatweed - 11-04-2004

smart move - I had some blueberry creme this week, it was quite good.

Hot Coffee - 7/11
Iced Coffee - Dunkin Donuts

the end.