CDIH
America goes backwards in time - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: America goes backwards in time (/showthread.php?tid=9631)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Sir O - 11-07-2004

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cnn.com/2004....ex.html">http://www.cnn.com/2004....ex.html</a><!-- m -->

Quote:GRANTSBURG, Wisconsin (AP) -- School officials have revised the science curriculum to allow the teaching of creationism...

You have to be a real sicko to demand children be taught as fact material which is provably false.

Creationism was commonplace in the American public school system up until the launch of Sputnik by the Soviets; at that point, the government realized that feel-good mythology was a bad bet for national security.

- GonzoStyle - 11-07-2004

Quote:You have to be a real sicko to demand children be taught as fact material which is provably false.

Like they do in history pretty much everyday?

I still remember the fuckin hoopla that was stirred up when I did a paper on Columbus in the 5th grade I think, everyone did the whole "in 1492 columbus sailed the ocean blue.. blah blah" paper on how great he was. I did the complete opposite with the help of my uncle and oh my god what hell was unleashed when my greaseball teacher read the paper. I was suspended for 5 days and I was forced to re-write the paper according to "the truth" as he put it.

They are really churning out fuckin zombies from schools, it's very frightening to be honest cause it's cliche but they are molding childrens minds and it's the truth.

Has Bush made up his mind on evolution yet?

Quote:There have been scattered efforts around the nation for other school boards to adopt similar measures. Last month the Dover Area School Board in Pennsylvania voted to require the teaching of alternative theories to evolution, including "intelligent design" -- the idea that life is too complex to have developed without a creator.

then introduce the "intelligent design of the intelligent design" to argue that it's even more complex to believe that an invisible man all of a sudden appeared in the sky and created the universe.

"teacher, but who created the creator?"

Then the teacher stands there bewildered that the bolt of lightning is taking waaaaay too long to be hit the child.

- Galt - 11-07-2004

creationism is not proved false. In fact, it's impossible to be proved false.

Galt Wrote:creationism is not proved false. In fact, it's impossible to be proved false.
Sir O is gonna fuck you up sooooo bad for that.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 11-07-2004

The Big Bang can't be proved either...they're both Theories...here's a question...why couldn't God create evolution....

- Sir O - 11-07-2004

Quote:creationism is not proved false. In fact, it's impossible to be proved false.

Alright, it's like this. New Earth Creationism is completely disproven - it's not just a theory, it's a fictional theory. Intelligent Design Creationism hasn't necessarily been disproven, but there's also absolutely NO evidence to support it (unless you count a centuries-old book of fables as "evidence").

Yes, it's a theory. But any of the various and sundry creation myths used by the world's many, many religions to explain how the Earth came to be before science came along are "theories". If we're going to teach Intelligent Design Creationism in schools, why not teach that Odin built the universe out of Ymir's body?

Really when you get down to it, evolution is not a theory. We know, from observation in labs and in the field, that living things adapt, over generations, to fit their environments, to fill niches, to survive changes, etc... This is proven. The exact course of evolution, from the beginning of life until today, isn't proven, obviously, but evolution itself IS NOT A THEORY, just as the Pythagorean Theorem is accepted as fact.

- diceisgod - 11-07-2004

Satan has poisoned your mind

- Galt - 11-07-2004

I'm not saying that evolution didn't happen. Creationism and evolution aren't mutually exclusive. Creationism can't be proved false. You can't prove something DIDN'T happen. I think it's some cardinal rule of philosophy that you can't prove the non-existance of something.

I'm not trying to say that I think there some concious being who decided to create people out of dust as a science experiment. I'm just saying that even with the "big bang" there had to be some sort of energy source to cause the explosion.

- Arpikarhu - 11-07-2004

bring on Zinn!

- The Jays - 11-07-2004

Quote:I'm just saying that even with the "big bang" there had to be some sort of energy source to cause the explosion

String theory provides an interesting theory behind the big bang.

- Arpikarhu - 11-08-2004

i like string, you can do so much with it! tie packages, play cats cradle, etc.

- The Jays - 11-08-2004

that's why it's a theory of everything!

- GonzoStyle - 11-08-2004

anything is more believable than a magical being simply appeared out of nowhere and made the universe then made people and said all fags must die and take sundays off.

- Arpikarhu - 11-08-2004

sounds like danked except for the hating fags part

- diceisgod - 11-08-2004

dankedisgod

- Arpikarhu - 11-08-2004

well,he is magical

- Goatweed - 11-08-2004

whats wrong with fags dying?

- HedCold - 11-08-2004

Quote:.here's a question...why couldn't God create evolution....
thats the theory used by scientists who wanted to get funding from the rich religious people

- GonzoStyle - 11-08-2004

SPOOKY LANGUAGE!!!