CDIH
Did you know that - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Did you know that (/showthread.php?tid=9640)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 11-08-2004

Flamenco dancer Jose Greco took out an insurance policy through Lloyd's of London against his pants splitting during a performance.

It's true!!!

- IrishAlkey - 11-08-2004

They'd deny you for being a high risk.

- Goatweed - 11-08-2004

I could totally picture Gonzo as a Flamenco Dancer.

George Washington died the last hour of the last day of the last week of the last month of the last year of the 18th century.

Someone got a new desk calendar.

- Galt - 11-08-2004

that sounds like an odd insurance policy. I don't know why, but I think it's false.

Thomas Jefferson was once given a 1,235 pound hunk of cheese, giving us the term "the big cheese."

- Galt - 11-08-2004

Now, you are just making shit up.

Galt Wrote:Now, you are just making shit up.
silly facts but nonetheless they are facts.

Some Pizza facts!!

Entertainers who worked in the pizza business before they became famous include Stephen Baldwin, who was a pizza parlor employee, Bill Murray, who was a pizza maker, and Jean-Claude Van Damme, who delivered pizzas. Many years back, Julia Roberts and Christie Brinkley both sold ice cream. Before she made it as a pop singer, Madonna sold doughnuts at Dunkin' Donuts. And in the burger arena, Jennifer Aniston was a waitress at a burger joint, Queen Latifah worked at Burger King, and Andie McDowell was employed by McDonald's.

- Mad - 11-08-2004

Amazing.

Snapple ain't got shit on you, fucko.

Mao Zedong, like many Chinese of his time, refused to brush his teeth. Instead, he rinsed his mouth with tea and chewed the leaves. Why brush? "Does a tiger brush his teeth?" argued Mao. As you can imagine, his teeth were green. Chairman Mao also loved to chain-smoke English cigarettes, when his doctor asked him to cut down, he explained that "smoking is also a form of deep-breathing exercise, don't you think?"

- Goatweed - 11-08-2004

did he smoke at his computer too? I'll bet he did.

Ice Cube's real name is O'Shea Jackson.

- Mad - 11-08-2004

O'Shea, what kind of first name is that, is he part Mick too?

In Dante's "Inferno" the Ninth Circle of Hell is reserved for those who betray family or country. The denizens of this deepest circle, who are frozen in ice, include Judas (betrayer of Christ) and Cassius and Brutus (betrayers of Julius Caesar).

- Galt - 11-08-2004

What about Cain? Surely Cain is in there. He probably opened the place up. And since Jesus was neither Judas' brother nor his own sovergn nation, I don't see why Judas would be in that 9th level.

I've never read that book. What's it like? If it's only about hell and torture, I'm mad for not having read the book in my 24 years on the planet and I must run out and buy it post haste!

Well I remember brutus and judas were in the 9th level, after skimming through it brutus, judas, cassius and lucifer himself are in the 9th level and judas was guilty of "Traitors to lords and benefactors; those who set out to destroy the rightful God."

The punishment to judas, cassius and brutus is:

Quote:At the center of the Earth, completely submerged in ice. The three ultimate traitors are held in Lucifer's three mouths. Lucifer's three wings send forth freezing blasts of impotence, ignorance and hatred.

Some other notables are

Alexander the great and Attila who were at the 7th level of hell, they ofcourse were guilty of being war makers, their punishment is being submerged in hot blood for eternity.

Homer, Socrates, and Plato were in the first circle of hell alongside virtious pagans and unbaptized infants.

Cain would probably be in the 9th layer with Lucifer himself by that token I guess.

- Hawt Baux - 11-08-2004

What about Caligula & Tiberius?

You can read it and find out

Inferno is part of a trilogy known as the divine comedy: Inferno, Purgatorio, Paradiso.