CDIH
charlie and the chocolate factory - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: charlie and the chocolate factory (/showthread.php?tid=9644)

Pages: 1 2 3

- HedCold - 11-09-2004

this looks like it'll be good

[Image: poster1.jpg]

- HollywoodJewMoses - 11-09-2004

IT LOOKS GOOD FROM THE POSTER!

- GonzoStyle - 11-09-2004

well its with johnny depp so i'd give it a shot.

- Mad - 11-09-2004

And Tim Burton too.

- Galt - 11-09-2004

Tim Burton had three good(ish) movies. Batman, Peewee's Big Adventure, and Big Fish.

However, none of them had Johnny Depp.

Every movie he's been in with Johnny Depp has sucked ass.
Sleepy Hollow, Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands.

This movie will also suck ass.

- Mad - 11-09-2004

Would that be a statement of fact or your opinion, sir?

- Galt - 11-09-2004

Did you see the words "think" or "believe"?

It is hard, cold, fact.

- Hawt Baux - 11-09-2004

Ed Wood was hysterical!

- Galt - 11-09-2004

Yeah, the English have great senses of humour!

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 11-09-2004

I liked Sleepy Hollow and Sissorhands...thought they were pretty good...Burton's visuals and Depp's quirky style are reallly good together...

I thought Sleepy Hollow was a great film, though I can understand why some wouldn't like it.

But Ed Wood was a brilliant film, this isn't like the hudson hawk gag I am completely serious. Ed Wood was an excellent film with brilliant performances by pretty much everyone.

Ofcourse you ranked pee wees big adventure with batman and big fish so your opinion was nulled right there.

- Hawt Baux - 11-09-2004

Galt Wrote:Yeah, the English have great senses of humour!
What is the relevance?

Tim Burton makes good movies, albeit he's a a one trick pony when it comes to producing & directing but they're usually far from disappointing(Planet of the Apes aside). Johhny Depps performance in Ed Wood was amazingly outlandish and nuerotic, which made the movie that much better to watch, atleast for me anyways.

- Galt - 11-09-2004

I must admit that my judgement may be a bit biased in that I haven't seen Big Fish or Ed Wood or Sleepy Hollow and I was 10 when I last watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

But Edward Scissorhands sucked. So I stand by my prediction that this will be stupid.

- The Sleeper - 11-09-2004

Ed Wood is the best

- Goatweed - 11-09-2004

Quote:this isn't like the hudson hawk gag

so you admit that it really sucks!!

- drusilla - 11-09-2004

big fish was a really good movie. i am quite excited about charlie & the chocolate factory. though i preferred rumors that marilyn manson was going to star instead of depp.

- Hawt Baux - 11-09-2004

Marilyn Manson?

Sometimes you scare me.

- drusilla - 11-09-2004

good.

Galt Wrote:I must admit that my judgement may be a bit biased in that I haven't seen Big Fish or Ed Wood or Sleepy Hollow and I was 10 when I last watched Pee Wee's Big Adventure.

But Edward Scissorhands sucked. So I stand by my prediction that this will be stupid.
I'll be the first to admit that Tim Burton is over-rated at times by many people and I haven't seen Big Fish yet. I like his quirky and mostly dark humor though, I liked sleepy hollow a lot mainly due to Depps performance but like I said before it's a movie I can understand many people not liking.

But Ed Wood is a classic, Landau was beyond genius in his performance, you don't even realize it's landau, he pulls of playing Bela Lugosi so perfectly you can't even believe it's not Lugosi himself.

Depp as always gives a magnificent performance and proved he is one of the most versitile actors ever. The sheer contrast of his roles is just amazing from donnie brasco, ed wood, pirates of the caribean, there really isn't a role he can't play.

drusilla Wrote:big fish was a really good movie. i am quite excited about charlie & the chocolate factory. though i preferred rumors that marilyn manson was going to star instead of depp.
That sounded almost as delightful as Michael Jackson rumored to be playing Edgar Allen Poe in a biopic of Poe's life.