CDIH
How would you handle this? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: How would you handle this? (/showthread.php?tid=9685)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Galt - 11-17-2004

I just found out my company has been overpaying me for the last 5 months.

My boss pointed it out, and doesn't believe me that I don't pay attention to checks that get direct deposited into my brokerage account.

- The Sleeper - 11-17-2004

are they asking for the money back?

- Galt - 11-17-2004

yup

well then, what is there to handle?

- Black Lazerus - 11-17-2004

By giving them back there money, thief.

- drusilla - 11-17-2004

that's cold. shouldn't they underpay you for the next few months to make up for it?

that sucks though. i don't really pay attention to what gets put in with direct deposit either.

- Galt - 11-17-2004

long story as to why just underpaying me isn't feasible but it isn't.

I could just write a check.
I could quit and keep the money (which would be equal to about 6-8 weeks worth of income)
I could delay them and tell them I don't have the money and try and pay in an installment plan

- Galt - 11-17-2004

drusilla Wrote:i don't really pay attention to what gets put in with direct deposit either.
add that to our notepad.

damn, how do you not notice that much extra money going into your account?

- Galt - 11-17-2004

that's what he said. I just don't look at the balance of my account. I just don't. Probably stupid of me. I also don't really question balances of bills I get sent like credit cards, cell phone, etc. I'm too lazy.

- Keyser Soze - 11-17-2004

its their fault, its their mistake. they're assholes for putting the blame on you for not noticing it. they shouldnt put you in a bad position because of their mistake.

you must be rollin in dough

- Keyser Soze - 11-17-2004

galt, you'd enjoy this. its the cover story for new york magazine this month...

The Hedge-Fund Boys have been making the rest of Wall Street look like losers.

- Black Lazerus - 11-17-2004

about how long have they been overpaying you? cause i think there is a limit to how much money they can ask you back for depending on the timespan.

- GonzoStyle - 11-17-2004

I had that happen to me as well, it wasn't a lot of money it was like 300 bucks. I know exactly how much my commision is supposed to be cause I set the amount that I charge my clients and it was 300 bucks more. I told my boss and he appreciated the honesty and let me keep it.

The amazing part is that we are both jews.

- Gooch - 11-18-2004

Keyser Soze Wrote:its their fault, its their mistake. they're assholes for putting the blame on you for not noticing it. they shouldnt put you in a bad position because of their mistake.
i agree with keyser. don't let them turn it around on you. it's their mistake, not yours. how you deal with your money isn't their business. but how they flubbed their money to you is. they should be apologetic, not angry. this is a huge inconveniance to you, not them. zero professionalism and tact from your boss. sounds like a real douchebag company.

- The Sleeper - 11-18-2004

compromise and ask for half of it

- Keyser Soze - 11-18-2004

they have some nerve for making you feel guilty about it. total incompetence on their part.

- Arpikarhu - 11-18-2004

unfortunately i agree with keyser

- Danked - 11-18-2004

Convert the amount into rolls of pennies if you return it.