CDIH
have you ever done this? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: have you ever done this? (/showthread.php?tid=9692)

Pages: 1 2

- Galt - 11-20-2004

just kind of bored?

Put your hands over your eyes with the outside base of your palm (pinkyside) pressed over your eye sockets

rest your elbows on your knees

try to blink for about five seconds (you shouldn't be able to actually blink because your hands are pressed against your eyes, but you should be able to move your eyelids a little meaning your palms aren't really pressed hard against your eyes.

After a bit 20-30 seconds max, your eyes will start to relax and adapt to the darkness, and you should start seeing different shapes and what have you.

I'm curious if everyone sees the same thing, or if it's different.

What happens when I do it, I get this really cool environment of two different patters overlapping.

One is similar to a multicolored (white, gray, and blue) bathroom tile with dime sized squares. But the tile rotates and shakes a bit. All the while there are big blackish/purpleish bubbles that float through the tiles that would be the size of of about 4 tiles long and wide.

The whole picture collapses in or streams out (depending) from a singular point in the middle of my eyesight

The longer I keep my eyes that way, the more defined they get and I just get lost in the halucination and the more things happen with the shapes. They'll be electrical impulses that act as a shockwave through the whole picture, or stars will appear as well.

I used to do it a lot as a kid because it was so inexplainable and I thought it was cool. But I'd forgotten about it for a while and tried it again. Exact same patterns and everything.

two notes:
I'm completely sober
I was never able to see the sailboat (scooner!) in those "relax your eyes" paintings.

Edited By Galt on 1100986163

- HedCold - 11-20-2004

i used to do it

- Galt - 11-20-2004

I think I just overdid it.

I have a headache.

- The Jays - 11-20-2004

I really hope that you didn't just discover this

- coppelia - 11-20-2004

i used to do that all the time when i was little

- Galt - 11-20-2004

I used to do it as a kid all the time, but I'd just forgotten it. Or are you talking about how it causes headaches?

- drusilla - 11-20-2004

i've done that, i usually see flashes of red & orange when i do it.

on another note, i can see the image in a magic eye picture in like 5 seconds. my eyes are wacky where the image appears to me almost immediately.

- The Jays - 11-20-2004

I used to do this all the time as a kid because I had no friends. losers.

- Galt - 11-20-2004

EVERYONE DO THIS NOW AND TELL ME WHAT SHAPES YOU SEE.

Jesus Christ, do I have to spell everything out for you?

- Keyser Soze - 11-20-2004

im actually shocked someone else has done this. when i was about 9 years old i was a choirboy. i was insanely bored in church and would do this exact thing.

years later i feel convinced it contributed to my poor eyesight and somehow damaged my eyes.

- Mad - 11-20-2004

Drugs are so much less harmful.

- The Jays - 11-20-2004

how are you shocked someone else has done this? When you're a kid, and you discover that you have hands, and eyes, and that when you rub your eyes, it relaxes you; only a matter of time before you discover prolonged rubbing causes the lights. They even have a word for the lights you see, I just forget what it is.

- LZMF1 - 11-21-2004

i used to get fuzzy multi colored geometrical shapes or amoeba shaped objects......i still do that shit just for the fun of it to break the monotony.

- Arpikarhu - 11-21-2004

luminaires

- Goatweed - 11-21-2004

I've done this, but not since I was a kid, way back when I used to live in Brooklyn.

And Mad is right, drugs are much better suited for use in these activities.

- GonzoStyle - 11-21-2004

Quote:way back when I used to live in Brooklyn.

You never shoulda left!

- Arpikarhu - 11-21-2004

there wasnt enough room for the both of you. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

- Goatweed - 11-21-2004

GonzoStyle Wrote:
Quote:way back when I used to live in Brooklyn.

You never shoulda left!
if I knew then, what I know now, I never would have.

- JimmyBlueEyes - 11-22-2004

Lots of little amoeba looking thingies, flashes and waves of white, like ripples on a lake, red and orange colored glows. I think that about covers it.

- Arpikarhu - 11-22-2004

you ever really look at your hand? i mean really look at it? whoa! really freaky!