CDIH
What is the best show on TV? - Final Vote - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: What is the best show on TV? - Final Vote (/showthread.php?tid=9835)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- GonzoStyle - 01-03-2005

Here's the top 5, each show recieved 4 votes a piece.

I haven't seen a single episode of Lost, is it really any good?

- Gooch - 01-03-2005

Lost...

i first saw the articles/promos, I dismissed it as totally cliche cheese. Was very surprised when it was so well-written, playing off those cliches. It's X-Files meets Alive. Very good show.

- Gooch - 01-03-2005

i had to go with the Sopranos since Deadwood wasn't on the list.

- Keyser Soze - 01-03-2005

chappelles show needs new episodes already

My favorite current shows are a toss up between The Shield and Monk but they only got 2 votes a piece.

I had to go with sopranos even though the writing fell off since season 2 and the ridiculous gap between seasons, it's still better at 50% than most shows at 100%. I basically thought which show would I miss the most once it was gone, i'd miss curb and chappelle but I wouldn't care as much.

- Black Lazerus - 01-03-2005

I can't believe that you people don't watch Monk. it is one if not the funniest shows on tv.

i dont even know when or where its on

Black Lazerus Wrote:I can't believe that you people don't watch Monk. it is one if not the funniest shows on tv.
I agree, I am a huge fan of Tony Shalub as an actor. I loved him in a number of films as a serious actor. Then I saw him in Men In Black as jeebs and thought to myself that he was pretty good in a comedic role as well.

I missed monk when it first started and I hate starting a series when I miss out on the first episodes so I kept on waiting for replays but I could never tune in on time.

So I waited till the 1st season came out on dvd and figured what the hell. I must have watched that first season 3 times over by now, the show is amazing. It's funny, it's got drama, it's got great story lines every episode, the writing is top notch and the whole basis for the show is brilliant.

You have one of the most brilliant if not the most brilliant detective ever, he sees things no one else notices yet he can't do what he loves doing because the police force won't have him due to the fact he has an intense fear of basically everything from germs to heights and is a major OCD nut.

The main problem that Monk suffers is that of The Shield, they are on shitty networks. Shield is on FX and Monk is on USA. They don't have the exposure of other major shows, if they did, they would be on everyones top 10 lists for sure.

Season 4 of monk starts Friday Jan 21st I beleieve, they had a 24 hour monk marathon on new years day. I caught most of season 3 and season 2 is coming out on dvd next week.

Monk is actually the reason I started this discussion with my friends and this poll here. I was watching Monk with them and they had never seen it but naturally everyone loved the show.

- Goatweed - 01-03-2005

write-in : Who's Your Daddy

- Black Lazerus - 01-03-2005

GonzoStyle Wrote:
Black Lazerus Wrote:I can't believe that you people don't watch Monk. it is one if not the funniest shows on tv.
I agree, I am a huge fan of Tony Shalub as an actor. I loved him in a number of films as a serious actor. Then I saw him in Men In Black as jeebs and thought to myself that he was pretty good in a comedic role as well.

I missed monk when it first started and I hate starting a series when I miss out on the first episodes so I kept on waiting for replays but I could never tune in on time.

So I waited till the 1st season came out on dvd and figured what the hell. I must have watched that first season 3 times over by now, the show is amazing. It's funny, it's got drama, it's got great story lines every episode, the writing is top notch and the whole basis for the show is brilliant.

You have one of the most brilliant if not the most brilliant detective ever, he sees things no one else notices yet he can't do what he loves doing because the police force won't have him due to the fact he has an intense fear of basically everything from germs to heights and is a major OCD nut.

The main problem that Monk suffers is that of The Shield, they are on shitty networks. Shield is on FX and Monk is on USA. They don't have the exposure of other major shows, if they did, they would be on everyones top 10 lists for sure.

Season 4 of monk starts Friday Jan 21st I beleieve, they had a 24 hour monk marathon on new years day. I caught most of season 3 and season 2 is coming out on dvd next week.

Monk is actually the reason I started this discussion with my friends and this poll here. I was watching Monk with them and they had never seen it but naturally everyone loved the show.
wasen't monk on ABC as well?

i will begin tivo'ing monk and report back

- Goatweed - 01-03-2005

fuck TiVo - noone takes over my cable box...NOONE!!

- Galt - 01-03-2005

I just can't bring myself to watch anything with Schaloub. I feel like I'm cheating on Tim Daly and the rest of the Wings cast.

- Galt - 01-03-2005

And Family Guy isn't on TV again until God-knows when, and hasn't been on TV for 4 years. So That's why I didn't vote for it.

The only one of the five that has had a new episode in the last six months is Lost.

- Gooch - 01-03-2005

Can i re-vote for Seinfeld?

not only does his woman tell him where he can live, she tells him how he can watch tv!

Galt Wrote:I just can't bring myself to watch anything with Schaloub. I feel like I'm cheating on Tim Daly and the rest of the Wings cast.
I never watched wings, I saw one episode for 2 minutes and it was so awful.

- Goatweed - 01-03-2005

Wings was ok at first, but then it became a typical, formulaic sit-com.

I hear good things about Monk, but haven't seen one episode yet.

is monk the soup nazi?

- fbd - 01-03-2005

Galt Wrote:And Family Guy isn't on TV again until God-knows when
new episodes start in may