CDIH
New software - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New software (/showthread.php?tid=992)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- Sean Cold - 03-28-2002

In my efforts to keep us post whores alive and well, I am looking into new board software so we can run cleanly again. The CGI limitation error is the servers doing to assure we don't crash the fucker.

All I ask is to be a little patient with me and I wanted you all to know that I am working on this as fast as I can.

- Sloatsburgh - 03-28-2002

I am not a whore. I post out of love.

- Sean Cold - 03-28-2002

Nah, believe me, i have no problem with posting and post counts. Our software just isn't efficant in the least. The server company is working with us on this as we speak and I am getting in contact with the software co to see if we may be able to keep the board and it's look the way it is.

It is not a money issue. I offered to up our plan but the server turned us down telling me that it would not solve our problem.

- FNMoron - 03-28-2002

new changes look great Froy... can't wait for Part 2

- Sean Cold - 03-28-2002

FNMoron Wrote:new changes look great Froy... can't wait for Part 2
Don't you have someone to mod on OA or some shit?

and, fuck you, at least I tell people whats going on, asshole.

- FNMoron - 03-28-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:

Geeez... Sean Cold Krebs... don't get your panties in a bunch... it was a joke... maybe you need to install a [sarcasm] tag button... :fuckoff:

- Sean Cold - 03-28-2002

FNMoron Wrote:Geeez... Sean Cold Krebs... don't get your panties in a bunch... it was a joke... maybe you need to install a [sarcasm] tag button... :fuckoff:
If I do, do you think I can pass it off as some earth shattering change that would save the board from being a redundant pile of festering shit?

- FNMoron - 03-28-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:If I do, do you think I can pass it off as some earth shattering change that would save the board from being a redundant pile of festering shit?
ummm, no... sorry.... once poop, always poop...

- Doc - 03-28-2002

FNMoron Wrote:
Sean Cold Wrote:If I do, do you think I can pass it off as some earth shattering change that would save the board from being a redundant pile of festering shit?
ummm, no... sorry.... once poop, always poop...
You mean smilies and new colors aren't going to save the world?

Well then I guess I better not invest any more money in tech stocks

Christ, do I need some sleep

- Sephiroth - 03-28-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ROOFLE OWNED SCRUB

- Sluggo - 03-28-2002

Moron said poop.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :lol: :roflmao: :roflmao:

- Sean Cold - 03-28-2002

*********UPDATE***********

I am working diligently[sp?] on a software that will keep us with our current server that will tun all post into HTML, which in turn does not sap the CGI recourses that Ikonboard goes through.

The onlyway we keep this software as is right now is by cutting back our membership and playing survivor with our current members. That means dumping people we all know just sit here like the ass fuckers we know them to be and just refresh all day so they can have some dirt on us.

Do you people want to stay a private community with about 100 members and keep our look and feel of the board or do you want to expand and have all the newer peeps coming over. I always said this was your board as well, so, let's hear what you all think.

- DGW - 03-28-2002

Survivor sounds fun.

- Maynard - 03-28-2002

Personally I'd rather have 50 members that post then to have 100 members or more, and have only half of them post. I think one of the most ridiculous things on oa.com is the fact that they dont delete members after they ban them. All those people that sign up 50 times to cause trouble is fucking stupid. Just delete them.

I say keep it at 100. And if you don't post for 2 weeks. BYE BYE!!! If you're away or something, then send mail to a mod letting us know that.

I dont want us to be elitist, but I think that theres nothing wrong with curbing the membership.

- Spitfire - 03-28-2002

Look at most of the people who signed up after Gonzo advertised this place...I've seen like 2 or 3 of them post. We can probably get rid of a lot of dead weight and still be a little less than 100...and if not, we'll throw them the leftovers in the pit and watch a good death match :thumbs-up:

If you want to stay, you gotta be a whore Confusedpits:

Edited By Spitfire on Mar. 28 2002 at 3:59

- DGW - 03-28-2002

Quote:and if not, we'll throw them the leftovers in the pit and watch a good death match
Even better.

- Danked - 03-28-2002

Maynard Wrote:And if you don't post for 2 weeks. BYE BYE!!! If you're away or something, then send mail to a mod letting us know that.
FYI... I'm going to Amsterdam. I've still got a couple of weeks till I go to Amsterdam and I'll only be gone for 1 week, but I didn't want you thinking I'd up and disappeared on everyone when I'm really only vacationing in Amsterdam. Just thought I'd let you know, when you think I'm not here, I'm really in Amsterdam. Thank you. Amsterdam.

- Sloatsburgh - 03-28-2002

So when does the voting begin?

You are the ..... nah too gay.

The Board has .... also too gay.

Let's just line them up, date of membership, Aliases, and post counts.

The first one I nominate for removal---- Naughty Angel. She is neither naughty nor and angel.

This brings up memories of a community stoning short story (The Lottery?) and a Sliders episode where a community is based on an economist belief that society can grow to be bigger than the resources to sustain it, so they have a lottery to kill people

- DGW - 03-28-2002

Danked Wrote:
Maynard Wrote:And if you don't post for 2 weeks. BYE BYE!!! If you're away or something, then send mail to a mod letting us know that.
FYI... I'm going to Amsterdam. I've still got a couple of weeks till I go to Amsterdam and I'll only be gone for 1 week, but I didn't want you thinking I'd up and disappeared on everyone when I'm really only vacationing in Amsterdam. Just thought I'd let you know, when you think I'm not here, I'm really in Amsterdam. Thank you. Amsterdam.
damn...Ocean city doesn't sound as much fun. :angry:

- Keyser Soze - 03-28-2002

I like the idea of getting rid of people who don't post after a certain amount of time but I don't agree with closing membership. I think that would shut out people who might otherwise be good posters. Keep the people who contribute, drop dead weight.

That being said, I am looking into options that will mirror the look and feel of this site but solve our CGI problems. In the meantime, we just need to be a little patient.