CDIH
New software - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: New software (/showthread.php?tid=992)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

- fbd - 03-28-2002

i'd be fine with reducing the members, but not to something like "only 100".get rid of the ones who never post and see what we have from there.it may end with 104 members or 78, but it shouldnt be a limit, just an activity based thing.
also, if someone gets deleted after 2 weeks of inactivity, will they be allowed back if they try to return?

- Maynard - 03-28-2002

Sloatsburgh Wrote:So when does the voting begin?

You are the ..... nah too gay.

The Board has .... also too gay.

Let's just line them up, date of membership, Aliases, and post counts.

The first one I nominate for removal---- Naughty Angel. She is neither naughty nor and angel.

This brings up memories of a community stoning short story (The Lottery?) and a Sliders episode where a community is based on an economist belief that society can grow to be bigger than the resources to sustain it, so they have a lottery to kill people
the lottery kicks ass. great story. In fact, I believe there was a TV movie about it also a few years back.

And Danked, can we just make believe that you're dead instead? :poison:

- Spitfire - 03-28-2002

Quote:Maynard

Mayrat.
Group: Assistant Administrators

He's got the lowest # of posts!!! Can we get rid of him first? :dead:

- Maynard - 03-28-2002

Spitfire Wrote:
Quote:Maynard

Mayrat.
Group: Assistant Administrators

He's got the lowest # of posts!!! Can we get rid of him first? :dead:
Grrrrrrrrrr!

- SLASH - 03-28-2002

Sean Cold Wrote:*********UPDATE***********

I am working diligently[sp?] on a software that will keep us with our current server that will tun all post into HTML, which in turn does not sap the CGI recourses that Ikonboard goes through.

The onlyway we keep this software as is right now is by cutting back our membership and playing survivor with our current members. That means dumping people we all know just sit here like the ass fuckers we know them to be and just refresh all day so they can have some dirt on us.

Do you people want to stay a private community with about 100 members and keep our look and feel of the board or do you want to expand and have all the newer peeps coming over. I always said this was your board as well, so, let's hear what you all think.
Survivor. :thumbs-up:

<font color=red>MayNERD XP' Wrote:I say keep it at 100. And if you don't post for 2 weeks. BYE BYE!!! If you're away or something, then send mail to a mod letting us know that.

Right away, MayNERD Gates Krebs Rolleyes <font color=#EEEEEE>

Edited By SLASH on Mar. 28 2002 at 4:20

- Arpikarhu - 03-28-2002

maymay is useless in the reward challenges. i say we vote him off first.

seriously, i like the 100 members idea. we should make it if you dont post for a month you are off just in case someone gets sick or goes away.

- Danked - 03-28-2002

Maynard Wrote:And Danked, can we just make believe that you're dead instead? :poison:
You could, but I'll only be in Amsterdam.

- Maynard - 03-28-2002

SLASH Wrote:
<font color=red>MayNERD XP' Wrote:I say keep it at 100. And if you don't post for 2 weeks. BYE BYE!!! If you're away or something, then send mail to a mod letting us know that.

Right away, MayNERD G. Gates Rolleyes <font color=#EEEEEE>
I didnt say that I was going to write a program that you had to install on your computer that would inform us when you were on vacation.

- Maynard - 03-28-2002

Danked Wrote:
Maynard Wrote:And Danked, can we just make believe that you're dead instead? :poison:
Then could you bring me back some hash and a Royal with Cheese?

- SLASH - 03-28-2002

Maynard Wrote:
SLASH Wrote:

Right away, MayNERD G. Gates Rolleyes <font color=#EEEEEE>
I didnt say that I was going to write a program that you had to install on your computer that would inform us when you were on vacation.
Big brother, I am going to take a piss now, please don't delete me.

- Spitfire - 03-28-2002

Quote:And Danked, can we just make believe that you're dead instead? :poison:

Yeah, like you're going to come back :fuggin:
You're going the Stoner Mecca, there's no way you're leaving...you'll be too trashed to ever think of home

- Danked - 03-28-2002

"You are home."

[Image: almostfamous1.jpg]

- Sephiroth - 03-28-2002

I think it would be best to delete all inactive account, TEMPORARILY Lock Registration, and drop the dead weight. Unfortunetly, I dont think we will Completely get rid of the CGI Errors, so we should trim as much as we can while still making this place enjoyable.

Edit - And dont delete accounts if they are Unactive for 2 weeks. Whatever reasons a member has for leaving for a little while should be up to them. We cant make it like punching a timeclock or whatnot with the posting, because then people will feel like they HAVE to post to maintain their account, which will only make the garbage and shit posts rise.

Edited By Sephiroth on Mar. 28 2002 at 6:14

- WhipThisFez - 03-28-2002

I agree with Seph. The time limit thing is getting a little too hands on. Very "kinder gentler board"-ish.

- Sluggo - 03-28-2002

I have to agree with Seph...
We have many people that joined in jan. that never posted once.
I'm sure that doesn't make much of a difference,(any) but it's nuts to leave these people on.

- OAS - 03-28-2002

Quote:If you want to stay, you gotta be a whore
What argument could any red blooded American guy make against that statement? :bouncer:

If it has to be locked up for now, it makes sense.

- crx girl - 03-28-2002

i have no problem with limiting the number of members. although, i don't think completely closing down registration would be a good thing in the long run, we need new people to keep things interesting. but, by all means, if people joined but never bother coming to the board, see ya! i know it's probably a bitch, but i assume you would inform said people so they have a chance to come back to the board if they wish.

and, now, just to be like all the cool kids: i have to go do laundry, please don't delete me while i'm gone :o :fuggin: :bouncer:

- Maynard - 03-28-2002

I've rethought my position on this and I think that Puerto Rico should NOT be made the 51st state.

- SLASH - 03-28-2002

Sluggo Wrote:I have to agree with Seph...
We have many people that joined in jan. that never posted once.
I'm sure that doesn't make much of a difference,(any) but it's nuts to leave these people on.
Just curious...

Even though the zero posters are members that should be dropped anyway, does that extra non-participatory membership effect the cgi overload in any way?

I guess what I am asking is: will deleting the people who never sign in to click on threads to read, nevermind sitting on the refresh button, affect the cgi errors in a beneficial way?<font color=#EEEEEE>

Edited By SLASH on Mar. 28 2002 at 6:45

- Galt - 03-28-2002

But I was the 106th member???