CDIH
I can't wait until the queen dies - sorry trish - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I can't wait until the queen dies - sorry trish (/showthread.php?tid=9930)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Black Lazerus - 01-13-2005

Prince Harry Apologizes For Nazi Costume

* Wore Nazi Uniform To Costume Party

Jan 13, 2005 8:44 am US/Eastern
LONDON (AP) Jewish groups and lawmakers criticized Prince Harry on Thursday for wearing a Nazi uniform to a costume party, with one group urging him to visit the Auschwitz death camp, despite an apology from the grandson of Queen Elizabeth II.

The 20-year-old prince apologized Wednesday in a statement after a British newspaper printed a picture of him clutching a cigarette and a drink and wearing a swastika armband.

“I think a lot of people will be disappointed to see that photograph and it will cause a lot of offense,” said Michael Howard, leader of Britain’s main opposition Conservative Party.

“I think it might be appropriate for him to tell us himself just how contrite he now is,” added Howard, who is Jewish.

The Simon Wiesenthal Center in Los Angeles expressed outrage and urged Prince Harry to travel to Poland later this month to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz death camp.

“There he will see the results of the hated symbol he so foolishly and brazenly chose to wear,” said Rabbi Marvin Hier, dean and founder of the center.

Prime Minister Tony Blair’s office was reluctant to get involved. “Clearly an error was made,” Blair’s official spokesman said. “That has been recognized by Harry, and I think it is better that this matter continues to be dealt with by (Buckingham) Palace.”

Jewish groups in Britain were more moderate in their criticism.

“The fact that the palace has issued an apology indicates that this was a mistake by the prince,” said Rabbi Jonathan Romain, a spokesman for the Reform Synagogues of Great Britain. “But having being given, the apology should now be accepted.”

A spokesman for the Board of Deputies of British Jews said the costume “was clearly in bad taste, especially in the run-up to Holocaust Memorial Day” on Jan. 27. But he added: “The board is pleased that he’s apologized for the incident.”

The queen will commemorate the Holocaust and 60th anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz by inviting survivors of the Nazi death camps and British World War II veterans who liberated them to a reception at St. James’ Palace.

The picture of Prince Harry, the second son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, appeared in The Sun newspaper.
In the statement, Harry said he was “very sorry if I caused any offense or embarrassment to anyone.”

“It was a poor choice of costume and I apologize,” he added.

Harry, who plans to enroll this year at a military college, has long been known as the wilder of Charles and Diana’s two handsome sons, in contrast to his university-student brother Prince William, 22.

Harry, third in line to the throne, has been photographed drinking in London’s trendiest nightclubs and three years ago was sent by his father to observe a drug rehabilitation center after being caught smoking marijuana. In October, he scuffled with a paparazzi photographer outside a London nightclub.

A former Buckingham Palace spokesman said he believed Prince Charles was too easy on his sons.

“I’m sorry, the Prince of Wales, he’s a humanitarian and he does some terrific work, but I don’t think he has ... the right discipline over his children, particularly Prince Harry,” Dickie Arbiter told Sky News TV.

CBS 2

Edited By Black Lazerus on 1105632424

- Rooner - 01-13-2005

DIG is going to have England shut down.

- GonzoStyle - 01-13-2005

so whats the queen got to do with it?

the kids got a sense of humor.

so him and his brother can run the royal family with their antics.

It'll hopefully loosen up some of those tight asses.

- Rooner - 01-13-2005

Black Lazerus Wrote:so him and his brother can run the royal family with their antics.
Are they gonna off charlie too?

He'll never be king, plus I think William is the obvious choice and he seems capable.

- Buttmunch - 01-13-2005

I bet Prince Harry gets an uncensored interview with Gonzo before me.

- The Jays - 01-13-2005

Prince Harry does even less than his brother and father, who both have actual dibs on the crown. I guess when you still have alot of people who believe in kings and queens as world leaders instead of the inbred German crap they're actually made of, of course everyone is gonna be shocked at this dumbass sporting a swastika.

- crx girl - 01-13-2005

Gonzo Wrote:He'll never be king, plus I think William is the obvious choice and he seems capable.
capable of what? they don't do anything

- lush - 01-13-2005

Gonzo Wrote:He'll never be king, plus I think William is the obvious choice and he seems capable.
He's not lined up to be the King, only if William dies. He has no real obligations to anything, that's why he's the partying prince and always in "Hello".
He's filthy rich without doing anything. That's my dream.

- The Jays - 01-13-2005

this thread requires us to know the royal lines of sucession, and I don't know bout you guys, but I live in America, and we live here so we don't have to worry about the plight of rich European bluebloods. IT'S CALLED FREEDOM, BABY!

- Silera - 01-13-2005

You're riled up.

- The Jays - 01-13-2005

:rile:

You can also check out the line of succession as listed on the official royal web site at: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page389.asp">http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page389.asp</a><!-- m -->

1. HRH The Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales (1948)
2. HRH Prince William of Wales, eldest son of The Prince Charles (1982)
3. HRH Prince Henry of Wales, younger son of The Prince Charles (1984)
4. HRH The Prince Andrew, The Duke of York, second son of HM Queen Elizabeth II (1960)
5. HRH Princess Beatrice of York, elder daughter of The Prince Andrew (1988)
6. HRH Princess Eugenie of York, younger daughter of The Prince Andrew (1990)
7. HRH The Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex, youngest son of HM Queen Elizabeth II (1964)
8. Lady Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten Windsor, daughter of HRH The Prince Edward, The Earl of Wessex (2003)
9. HRH The Princess Anne, The Princess Royal, only daughter of HM Queen Elizabeth II (1950)
10. Peter Phillips, son of The Princess Anne (1977)
11. Zara Phillips, daughter of The Princess Anne (1981)
12. David Armstrong-Jones, Viscount Linley, son of The Princess Margaret (1961)
13. The Honorable Charles Patrick Inigo Armstrong Jones (1999), son of David, Viscount Linley
14. Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne Armstrong-Jones (2002), daughter of David, Viscount Linley
15. Lady Sarah Chatto, daughter of The Princess Margaret (1964)
16. Master Samuel Chatto (1996), son of Lady Sarah Chatto
17. Master Arthur Robert Nathaniel Chatto (1999), son of Lady Sarah Chatto
18. HRH Prince Richard, The (2nd) Duke of Gloucester, surviving son of HRH The Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester, who was the 3rd son of HM King George V (1944)
19. Alexander Windsor, Earl of Ulster (1974), son of Richard, Duke of Gloucester
20. Lady Davina Windsor (1977), daughter of Richard, Duke of Gloucester
21. Lady Rose Windsor (1980), daughter of Richard, Duke of Gloucester
22. HRH Prince Edward, Duke of Kent (1935), son of George, Duke of Kent
George Windsor, The Earl of St. Andrews (excluded himself from succession by marrying a Roman Catholic)
Edward Windsor, Baron Downpatrick (1988), son of George, Earl of St Andrews - excluded himself by becoming a Roman Catholic
23. Lady Marina Charlotte Windsor (1992), daughter of George, Earl of St Andrews
24. Lady Amelia Windsor (1995), daughter of George, Earl of St Andrews
Lord Nicholas Windsor (1970), son of Edward, Duke of Kent (excluded himself by becoming a Roman Catholic)
25. Lady Helen Taylor (1964), daughter of Edward, Duke of Kent
26. Columbus Taylor (1994), son of Lady Helen Taylor
27. Cassius Taylor (1996), son of Lady Helen Taylor
28. Eloise Taylor (2003), daughter of Lady Helen Taylor
29. Estella Taylor (2004), daughter of Lady Helen Taylor
Prince Michael of Kent, son of George, Duke of Kent (excluded himself from succession by marrying a Roman Catholic)
30. Lord Frederick Windsor (1979), son of Prince Michael of Kent
31. Lady Gabriella Windsor (1981), daughter of Prince Michael of Kent
32. HRH Princess Alexandra. the Hon. Lady Ogilvy (1936), daughter of George, duke of Kent
33. James Ogilvy (1964), son of Princess Alexandra
34. Alexander Ogilvy (1996), son of James Ogilvy
35. Flora Ogilvy (1994), daughter of James Ogilvy
36. Marina Ogilvy (1966), daughter of Princess Alexandra
37. Christian Mowatt (1993), son of Marina Ogilvy
38. Zenouska Mowatt (1990), daughter of Marina Ogilvy
39. George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood (1923), son of Princess Victoria Alexandra Alice Mary & Sir Henry George Charles Lascelles, 6th earl of Harewood
40. David Lascelles, Viscount Lascelles (1950), son of George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood
41. (Hon.) Alexander Lascelles (1980), son of David Lascelles
42. (Hon.) Edward Lascelles (1982), son of David Lascelles
43. (Hon.) James Lascelles (1953), son of George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood
44. Rowan Lascelles (1977), son of James Lascelles
45. Tewa Lascelles (1985), son of James Lascelles
46. Sophie Lascelles (1973), daughter of James Lascelles
47. (Hon.) Jeremy Lascelles (1955), son of George Lascelles, 7th Earl of Harewood
48. Thomas Lascelles (1982), son of Jeremy Lascelles
49. Ellen Lascelles (1984), daughter of Jeremy Lascelles
50. Amy Lascelles (1986), daughter of Jeremy Lascelles

51. Henry Lascelles (1953), son of the Hon. Gerald David Lascelles (brother of 7th Earl of Harewood)
52. Maximilian Lascelles (1991), son of Henry Lascelles

Edited By Black Lazerus on 1105649279

- lush - 01-13-2005

Damn, I'm not even in there

- HedCold - 01-13-2005

princess nadia must be totally jealous of princess tatiana

- The Jays - 01-13-2005

Yeah, see? That family's all spawned from a bunch of Jew hating German royal families, of course he's gonna find The Humour of Hitler

The Jays Wrote:Yeah, see? That family's all spawned from a bunch of Jew hating German royal families, of course he's gonna find The Humour of Hitler
to be fair who wouldn't find humor in Hitler.

- HedCold - 01-13-2005

i bet amy lascelles is way jealous of ellen lascelles