FBHW Forums
Whats the last movie you watched - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: I can't wait to talk about........ (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Whats the last movie you watched (/showthread.php?tid=1869)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Opus - 04-21-2009

Just watched the Back to the Future trilogy over the last few days again.

Say what you will about it showing its age, but I still absolutely love these movies.

I seriously hope they never get remade as a remake will just ruin it for me.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - tibbs81 - 04-21-2009

potthole Wrote:
tibbs81 Wrote:
potthole Wrote:
potthole Wrote:Later this week Flight of the Navigator should be coming in on Netflix. Hello nostalgia!

Finally got around to watching this. I was pretty surprised that in a PG rated Disney movie I heard a "God damn" and two "shits".

Thanks for the info, I checked for this movie about a month ago and was disappointed it wasn't there.

What?

Thanks for the info about swears in an old Disney movie, because you weren't able to find it somewhere about a month ago?

What's up with your posts? Many of them make little sense.

You're right, I shouldn't have included your second post. I was talking about the movie on Netflix, not the swears.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Biff - 04-26-2009

17 again

If you liked "Click" you'll like this movie. Very predictable in some parts but still amusing enough to overlook that.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Mark the Valet - 04-26-2009

Biff has a NARB for Zac Effron.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - -Jiggy- - 04-26-2009

Mark the Valet Wrote:Biff has a NARB for Zac Effron.

Heh heh, yeah. You have a total NARB for that dork. I wouldn't be caught dead watching that movie. Confusedhifty:

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - airhornahole - 04-26-2009

I watched 7 pounds with Will Smith.

Good Movie.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Biff - 04-26-2009

I don't think I even know who that is.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - potthole - 04-26-2009

Watched This is Spinal Tap on Friday night. Very funny movie.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - -Jiggy- - 04-26-2009

Vantage Point - pretty good.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Opus - 04-26-2009

Watched Walking Tall (the version with The Rock) cause it was on T.V.

Johnny Knoxville is awesome in that movie.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Torque - 04-26-2009

I watched the entire Planet Earth series. The scenes, camera shots, and time-lapsed photography were amazing. The behind the scenes/making of parts were interesting and sometimes comical. The dramatic music change and threatening commentary whenever predators appeared on the scene was a bit rediculous as was the guilt trip for "human-caused" global warming causing the death of polar bears, but over all the pros outweighed the cons.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - linzi - 04-27-2009

Torque Wrote:I watched the entire Planet Earth series. The scenes, camera shots, and time-lapsed photography were amazing. The behind the scenes/making of parts were interesting and sometimes comical. The dramatic music change and threatening commentary whenever predators appeared on the scene was a bit rediculous as was the guilt trip for "human-caused" global warming causing the death of polar bears, but over all the pros outweighed the cons.

Excellent show!! I can't believe the time it took to capture those shots! My girls are looking forward to seeing the Disney picture, Earth. That looks like it's going to be another good one. :thumbup:

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - BWN 7 - 04-27-2009

Terminator 3

Definitely the worst of the 3, but decided to watch them in order in preparation for the Christian Bale version coming out in May....

[drop]Welll, good for you!!![/drop]

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - potthole - 04-27-2009

-Jiggy- Wrote:Vantage Point - pretty good.

I think my expectations were a little too high for me with this film. I was really amped up for it based off of the previews I had seen, and felt a little let down.

It was far from bad, but after awhile I began to tire of the way in which the story was told.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - -Jiggy- - 04-27-2009

potthole Wrote:
-Jiggy- Wrote:Vantage Point - pretty good.

I think my expectations were a little too high for me with this film. I was really amped up for it based off of the previews I had seen, and felt a little let down.

It was far from bad, but after awhile I began to tire of the way in which the story was told.

Yeah, I could see that.

I've stopped having any kind of expectations for most movies and I am enjoying them much better. Maybe that's why I actually enjoyed Night at the Museum too.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - imatoolhed - 04-27-2009

crank 2

not as good as the first imo, real stoopid ending

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Howie Feltersnatch - 04-28-2009

Run Fatboy Run, it was Ok

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - plungerhand - 04-28-2009

Enemy at the Gates...ok, I didn't just watch it...but, it was a great war movie set in WWII during the seige of Stalingrad. Ed Harris, Jude Law and I can't remember who else.

If you liked Priv Ryan or Band of Brothers, it's a must see.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - MissyT - 04-30-2009

Watched The Simpson's movie last nite.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Queenie - 05-01-2009

The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. What a fucked up movie. That is just not right.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - potthole - 05-01-2009

Helvetica.

One would think that a documentary about a font would be dull, but I found it really interesting, inspiring, even. To see perspectives about how something as simple as a font can direct the mood in print was very interesting.

On a side note, when I rate a movie I get from Netflix that rating shows up on my Facebook page. My ass of a brother, who also happens to be one of the most stuck up Mac snobs I've ever encountered, noticed that I gave this movie a good rating immediately started giving me shit about how I can't like the movie because I'm a PC user, and the font is only on Macs.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - -Jiggy- - 05-02-2009

Wolverine - :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: (five thumbs up)

They changed around the very beginning from the comics. I was a little dissapointed by that but I quickly forgot about it and was taken in by the movie. I'd say next to Ironman it is my next favorite Marvel movie.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Titan! - 05-02-2009

Role Models on Pay per view. I'm on the 2nd view, heading to the 3rd. Simply one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time, and definetly worth a buy.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - motorboatking - 05-06-2009

My Dog Skip. It's good. Not a sad movie but I started to tear/choke up at the end. Fricken movie. Want to see Role Models soon, glad to see the good review.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Howie Feltersnatch - 05-06-2009

The 'Burbs

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - -Jiggy- - 05-06-2009

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:The 'Burbs
a classic!

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Howie Feltersnatch - 05-06-2009

yah i loved 'the 'burbs' as a kid and saw it on HBO or Cinemax and had to record it. I'll be making sure the wife doesn't delete it too.

After it was all done I couldn't help but note some similarities between the 'burbs and Monsterhouse..

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Biff - 05-06-2009

Howie Feltersnatch Wrote:The 'Burbs

Time to switch to Sanka!

Tom Hanks has been gold for his whole career.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Titan! - 05-06-2009

That would be an ARB, not a NARB

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - shawnp - 05-06-2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was OK. Not great, but not bad.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Titan! - 05-06-2009

potthole Wrote:Watched This is Spinal Tap on Friday night. Very funny movie.

I watched Rock Star last night, and I kept thinking, this is like Spinal Tap, only like 50% less funny

Currently I'm watching the Director's cut of Troy, with 30 minutes extra homo-eroticism !

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Titan! - 05-07-2009

Here's a link to The Onion News Network's review of the new Star Trek movie that was mentioned on the show today

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.theonion.com/content/video/trekkies_bash_new_star_trek_film" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theonion.com/content/video/t ... _trek_film</a><!-- m -->

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Philly Mike - 05-07-2009

monsters VS. aliens... had low expectations, the movie wasn't too bad though. had some funny moments, seemed like a lot of jokes only adults would get, but a lot of physical humor to keep the attention of the kids.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Torque - 05-08-2009

Found good old "Ghost & The Darkness" last night. Great movie to watch before bed. I still like lions though.

Tonight, Star Trek with my Dad.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - SmartyPants - 05-08-2009

-Jiggy- Wrote:The Santa Clause. My wife loved it as a kid and wanted it when we were at Best Buy over the weekend.

The Santa Clause blew....Bad Santa is where it's at.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - beckyp - 05-08-2009

i saw Star Trek earlier today, meh. Sylar looked hot, Harold looked out of place without Kumar, and the bad guy reminded me of the bad guy from The Mummy.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - potthole - 05-10-2009

Tropic Thunder.

LOVED it. I think I got extra laughs from it because I've seen most of those Vietnam movies. The movie also made me like Tom Cruise somewhat- he was really funny.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - certainlycertainly - 05-10-2009

Finally did the rounds with the Oscar contenders. Watched Benjamin Button, Doubt and Slumdog. All great, Doubt didn't get the attention it deserved.

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - MissyT - 05-10-2009

Star Trek....AWESOME

Re: Whats the last movie you watched - Howie Feltersnatch - 05-11-2009

The Incredible Hulk (2008) - It sucked