FBHW Forums
What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Wheel of Bad Games (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What are you going to do once the undead rise? (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - mainerliser - 03-20-2009

Krystal Wrote:I'm never gonna get to Scotland, am I? My goal in life is to marry a Scotsman. I would like to be able to meet that goal.

That's my goal too!! Scotland would be a good place to go!

Murph383 just came back from the bookstore with a book called "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies"!!!! I can't wait to read it!

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - krystal - 03-20-2009

I think they have a whole series of Jane Austen books they zombified.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-20-2009

mainerliser Wrote:
Krystal Wrote:I'm never gonna get to Scotland, am I? My goal in life is to marry a Scotsman. I would like to be able to meet that goal.

That's my goal too!! Scotland would be a good place to go!

Murph383 just came back from the bookstore with a book called "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies"!!!! I can't wait to read it!

This was suggested to me by the lady at the bookstore when I bought my survival guide. I told her I didn't like pride and prejudice and she made fun of me. Bitch!

It's a girly book. That's why I dredged my way through it (I liked it, but it was pretty boring). But imagine it with zombies. I wonder who all dies.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-20-2009

I think I remember a short story / alternate history one time where the south had witches that were able to raise the dead and use them as weapons against the north in the civil war

Duh. It's called voodoo.

yeah, that leads us to the possibility of magic zombies.

I think we need to research this as a possibility just to be on the safe side.

Can a magic zombie be killed by the usual brain injury ?

Is a magic zombie's (MZ) bite infectious or just lethal depending on it's location ?

Is the spell that caused them to rise permanent or can it be broken?

If it can be broken, does the original spell caster have to be involved ? (will killing the spell caster cause the spell to be broken ?)

Can we find or make a counter spell ?

I'm pretty sure the zombacalypse will be science/disease based but as head of security I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't make sure we had all our bases covered.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-20-2009

There is subtle differences in regular zombies and voodoo zombies.

Voodoo zombies show emotion, exhibit thought, feel pain, recognize fire, recognize their surroundings, do not have hypersense, can communicate and can be controlled. They are really not "zombies" just under a spell.

Having said that we should kill everyone that acts zombie like in nature just to be on the safe side. If you don't want to be dead, don't act like a zombie. This should be one of our commandments as well Titan.

1. No eating the zombies
2. No Effing the zombies
3. bring lots of ammo and as many supplies as you can
4. no zombie strippers
5 learn our Marine Corps hybrid backflip disappear fighting system
6 All romance will probably tragically
7 dont skip band practice
8. If you act like a zombie even once as a joke you will be shot
9 anyone who knowingly lets a zombie into the compound is a dick and subject to punishment
10 Eff your brains out in order to re-populate

There's the updated list of rules, I modified a few and added a couple. Subject to ratification by a two thirds majority, or proclamation of the president depending on which day it is

1. No eating the zombies
2. No Effing the zombies
--I think these can be one rule: Do not touch zombies!!!

4. no zombie strippers
8. If you act like a zombie even once as a joke you will be shot
9 anyone who knowingly lets a zombie into the compound is a dick and subject to punishment
--This should be: Do be a dick because we will shoot you.

Krystal Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:1. No eating the zombies
2. No Effing the zombies
--I think these can be one rule: Do not touch zombies!!![b]
4. no zombie strippers
[b]8. If you act like a zombie even once as a joke you will be shot
--This should be: Do be a dick because we will shoot you.

There's the updated list of rules, I modified a few and added a couple. Subject to ratification by a two thirds majority, or proclamation of the president depending on which day it is

Fair enough.

Also, I think we should appoint someone to be the "Bible Knower/Anti Magic Zombie Spell Person" You know like, someone who knows were the anti zombie spells are in the Bible, probably somewhere in the back.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mark the Valet - 03-20-2009

So you want us to bone all the time but no romance?

Mark the Valet Wrote:So you want us to bone all the time but no romance?

Doesn't that make you happy? I'm sure there could be romance if you wanted.

Well sure that's like every man's dream. I guess.
NOT MINE THOUGH

I'm a lover AND a fighter.

The girls are going to try to kill eachother to get to you, aren't they?

Only because they'd all be zombies!

Good answer.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mad Dog - 03-20-2009

Hawaii is not a good choice simply because of the distance we need to travel to get there. It's what, 4000 miles from the Midwest?? You want to fight Zombies from here to California just to get there? Thats just stupid. I propose Isle Royal in the middle of Lake Michigan. Or in a pinch maybe Mackanaiw Island, even though the shore is alot closer, It would do in a pinch.

How big is it and can we farm on it ?

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mad Dog - 03-21-2009

First of all, I made a mistake. Isle Royal is not in the middle of Lake Michigan, but It is in the middle of Lake Superior. The same principal applies however.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Isle_Royale

Mackinac Island is closer to shore and alot more civilized. Plus it has a functional Revolutionary War era fort on it. There is plenty of space for farming and lots of wilderness for hunting. And an established ferry system. Not to mention all the fudge shops.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mackinac_Island

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-21-2009

Mackinac sounds like a good spot, but we've got to have a plan to deal with the winter. Trips back and forth to the main land will be necessary for firewood, especially if we want to keep the island's natural wilderness

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-21-2009

Titan ! Wrote:but we've got to have a plan to deal with the winter.

Sex! ....and lot's of it!!

Just so you know if these zombies don't attack by September, you efftards need to find a new jeep driver and spoon...spooner? I'm not driving all the way back up here to freeze my ass off in Mackinack. That's what I'm running away from.

Personally, the last thing I would be worried about is going to the mainland for firewood. First wood grows back. Second , since I've actually been to Mackinac Island there is Plenty of wood for the number of people we are intending to bring to the island, and not all the forest there are pristine so it is very cut-able. Third the zombies would be over there on the mainland.

Actually the biggest liability of Mackinaw Island in my mind would be the fact that the Mackinac Straights freeze over in the winter making a natural bridge to the island. How do Zombies react to sub-zero temperatures? That may be the key as to how long we stay at the Mighty Mack.

Jiggy Wrote:
Titan ! Wrote:but we've got to have a plan to deal with the winter.

Sex! ....and lot's of it!!

Just so you know if these zombies don't attack by September, you efftards need to find a new jeep driver and spoon...spooner? I'm not driving all the way back up here to freeze my ass off in Mackinac. That's what I'm running away from.

So would you rather run from the cold or the Zombies? We deal with winter EVERY year in Michigan and it would be easy enough to survive. Especially with a few hand picked, fertile Hotties to keep us warm and have our children to keep us warm at night.

This is where Mainerliser and Krystal come in.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-21-2009

I like the idea of Macinac, but good god man I really hate the idea of a Michigan winter with only woodstoves to heat us.

maybe there's an island around the Carolinas or someplace warmer ?

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mark the Valet - 03-22-2009

Okracoke Island, NC

Fairly small, and you have to take a 45 minute ferry to get there, but man it's beautiful,

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-22-2009

Mark the Valet Wrote:Okracoke Island, NC

Fairly small, and you have to take a 45 minute ferry to get there, but man it's beautiful,

http://www.ocracokeisland.com/

This place is perfect!

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mad Dog - 03-22-2009

Jiggy Wrote:
Mark the Valet Wrote:Okracoke Island, NC

http://www.ocracokeisland.com/

This place is perfect!

Except for the hurricanes its awesome. Granted its not as far away as Hawaii, but it is about a 15 to 20 hour drive. Hopefully we can avoid the Zombies on the trip down. Does it have a Revolutionary Era style fort on it to hide in encase the Zombies manage to somehow find our Island and try to get at us?

Mad Dog Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:http://www.ocracokeisland.com/

This place is perfect!

Except for the hurricanes its awesome. Granted its not as far away as Hawaii, but it is about a 15 to 20 hour drive. Hopefully we can avoid the Zombies on the trip down. Does it have a Revolutionary Era style fort on it to hide in encase the Zombies manage to somehow find our Island and try to get at us?

Zombies can't swim.

But they can ride on boats.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - alex - 03-22-2009

Are the boats also zombies that crave the flesh(hulls?) of living boats?

Mad Dog Wrote:But they can ride on boats.

That's why we take control of the main ferry's that go to this island.

We also will have snipers set up at the docks and any zombies (or people acting like zombies) will get a bullet to the head.

Well if this Island has no fortifications, Then someone needs to be in charge of building them. And we all need to pitch in!!

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-22-2009

Im wonder if the benefits of having a prebuilt fort outweigh the negatives of a Michigan winter.

Plus, maybe we can find an engineer or two to help us keep the heat on for a bit before going to wood stoves full time ?

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mark the Valet - 03-22-2009

You know what else engineers can do?
Help to build a fort.

I'm still voting Okracoke.

Titan, Okracoke island has a place called Harry's Pub. Here is a sentence in it's description:

The Pub excels in providing an enormous beer list including nearly 200 imports, microbrews and domestics as well as a diverse wine list and cocktails.

They got beer in Michigan. Hell, two minutes from my house is the Grand Rapids Brewery and the make the best beer in town themselves. Beer should not be the deciding factor Mr. 200 beers in bold print. Okracoke is fine but we'll put you to work felling trees for our new Anti-Zombie Fort.

Mad Dog Wrote:They got beer in Michigan. Hell, two minutes from my house is the Grand Rapids Brewery and the make the best beer in town themselves. Beer should not be the deciding factor Mr. 200 beers in bold print. Okracoke is fine but we'll put you to work felling trees for our new Anti-Zombie Fort.

Sorry, but you're not in a position to be making demands. I'm already driving and spooning.

and by the way the island has lodging. The need of a fort will not be necessary if we take the proper steps of clearing the island before hand of any zombie threats.

You say that, but if sombody teaches the Zombies how to swim We're in trouble!!

Mad Dog Wrote:You say that, but if sombody teaches the Zombies how to swim We're in trouble!!

This statement is why Titan is head of security and not you.