FBHW Forums
What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Printable Version

+- FBHW Forums (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw)
+-- Forum: Way Up High In The Playpen (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Forum: Wheel of Bad Games (https://www.cdih.net/fbhw/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: What are you going to do once the undead rise? (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - mainerliser - 03-23-2009

In Maine we can meet at the Rest Stop in Kennebunk on the Turnpike! We'll hit the liquor store in NH on our way!!!

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-23-2009

Save a bottle of Maker's Mark and we'll all have a toast when we get there.

And, dibs on the corned beef hash, it's the one food I think I can eat straight out of the can with no heating and not gag

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mad Dog - 03-23-2009

Quote:How will we handle those who are of no use to use.

I say just send them on some wild errand and then leave their sorry asses.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mark the Valet - 03-23-2009

You guys can brave the roads if you want. I think I might take the long way around and trek it cross country on a bike.

Mad Dog Wrote:
Quote:How will we handle those who are of no use to use.

I say just send them on some wild errand and then leave their sorry asses.

Or shoot them in the kneecap if a horde approaches!
Come on, someone take my idea!

Mark the Valet Wrote:You guys can brave the roads if you want. I think I might take the long way around and trek it cross country on a bike.

Live together, travel together, Die together I say. Sounds like we're not good enough for you !! And besides how do we know you won't be Zombiefied when you get there?!?

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-23-2009

People in the Albany and Philly area can meet up in NYC and can take over some kind of cargo ship. It will be a straight shot south for Ocracoke, then we will have some sea transport as well. For the Tennessee listeners it's just a straight shot east. Shouldn't be hard for them. As far as us in West Michigan we could either take a trip to NY and go on the ship or we could brave the roads either way it looks like we have a trip ahead of us.

[Image: Ocracoke-1.jpg]

Cargo ship for the NY area people is a Brilliant idea. Not only do you get there by the safest and possibly fastest route, you're also bring a fricking cargo ship with you. Hopefully it's a ship full of useful stuff.

One problem though, do any of you know how to drive a ship ? OR can someone talk the probably foreign captain into joining our crew ?

Titan ! Wrote:Things we need:

How to books

[Image: Breathing--12149.jpg]

So let me get this straight, you want to meet up in NYC, one of the biggest, most populated cities on the planet and hope to avoid the zombies infecting each and every resident there?

Good luck with that.

No No... I think the Albany area people... should...

Wait where are the cargo ships ? Probably right next to the giant city of death ? Hmmm may need to rethink that one

As long as they stay on the coastline they should be good. Zombies can't swim, remember. Fortunately to get to the docks you don't even have to go into the inner city.

Each group from each region needs to elect a party leader and that leader will be responsible for getting it's group to Ochracoke. Most people will want to bring their loved ones and we need to accommodate that. I would definitely want to bring my son and daughter. I couldn't leave them.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - 0rz0ski - 03-23-2009

In case anyone in GR is interested, they've got a zombie simulation event going on April 4th.

Overview: Zomb is a two hour long after-dark 500+ man game of a large scale reenactment of a Zombie outbreak, with the objective of the game being to survive the onslaught.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=75581813377&ref=ts

My brother has gone before, and he said its insane, only a few people survive.

The rest is on Facebook, under "Zomb 3.1"

0rz0ski Wrote:In case anyone in GR is interested, they've got a zombie simulation event going on April 4th.

Overview: Zomb is a two hour long after-dark 500+ man game of a large scale reenactment of a Zombie outbreak, with the objective of the game being to survive the onslaught.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=75581813377&ref=ts

My brother has gone before, and he said its insane, only a few people survive.

The rest is on Facebook, under "Zomb 3.1"

LARPing for zombies huh. I won't show my face there.

....but my twin might.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Rock Monster - 03-24-2009

OK... you guys win. I give up. (also, I'm bored and this is an active thread)

You guys clearly need leadership, and a clear mind that isn't panicking. Hawaii is the most logical choice. There is no threat of an invasion there. You don't need to drive across the country. All you (we) need to do is recruit a few pilots. Call Hawaii and let them know that we are on our way, and in turn we will bring supplies. Load up the first plane with defenses. Land at, and take over one of the several military bases. Your fort is already set up. Follow with planes of more people, and supplies if needed. After only a few week, or probably days, of fighting, the island will be rid of infection. There's no cold to worry about, no hurricanes, all the ammo and defenses you need are already there, plenty of bars, hotels. etc.

The only flaw that I see is making sure you get the pilot(s)

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - krystal - 03-24-2009

First thing, I'm getting this t-shirt.

[Image: 3383062570_e8eeb07d87.jpg]

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - 0rz0ski - 03-24-2009

I need that shirt. Now. Who is our treasurer?

Not me. I cannot be trusted with money. Especially if it's not my own.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-24-2009

0rz0ski Wrote:I need that shirt. Now. Who is our treasurer?

I will!

[Image: Snidely+Whiplash.png]

Yeah, that makes you look trustworthy.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mad Dog - 03-24-2009

Crap. Forgot about air planes. Hawaii sounds good!!

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-24-2009

I say screw RM for making fun of us. We should stick with our original plans for NC.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-24-2009

Money will be useless for a long time so a "treasurer" won't really be necessary, once we start farming we will need land managers, and then eventually once our society is re-settled we'll come up with a currency system, and then treasurers and accountants will be needed again

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Titan! - 03-24-2009

Jiggy Wrote:I say screw RM for making fun of us. We should stick with our original plans for NC.

Unless we can find a pilot, trucks and land travel are our best bet

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Rock Monster - 03-25-2009

Jiggy Wrote:I say screw RM for making fun of us. We should stick with our original plans for NC.

Alrighty then. You guys have fun with your traveling through infested populated areas, and your hurricanes on your small ass island. I'm driving to the GR airport, and taking a plane to where there is good weather year round, tanks, helicopters, fighter jets, aircraft carriers, cargo ships, shipping ports... etc.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - -Jiggy- - 03-25-2009

Rock Monster Wrote:

Alrighty then. You guys have fun with your traveling through infested populated areas, and your hurricanes on your small ass island. I'm driving to the GR airport, and taking a plane to where there is good weather year round, tanks, helicopters, fighter jets, aircraft carriers, cargo ships, shipping ports... etc.

Ha, good. You have fun with your "tropical paradise".

Heed my words. You'll let your guard down there and you will be destroyed.

Jiggy Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Alrighty then. You guys have fun with your traveling through infested populated areas, and your hurricanes on your small ass island. I'm driving to the GR airport, and taking a plane to where there is good weather year round, tanks, helicopters, fighter jets, aircraft carriers, cargo ships, shipping ports... etc.

Ha, good. You have fun with your "tropical paradise".

Now you're declaring war on other survivors?

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - krystal - 03-25-2009

Don't hurricanes hit Ocracoke? As in the Outer Banks get bashed protecting the mainland? Hmmm.

Where's your list of who has what jobs?... I can't seem to find it.

Rock Monster Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:Ha, good. You have fun with your "tropical paradise".

Now you're declaring war on other survivors?

No, I mean you will get too relaxed with your "hurricane free zone" and the when you're not looking the zombies will eat you.

Rock Monster Wrote:Where's your list of who has what jobs?... I can't seem to find it.

Jiggy Wrote:I know Dr. House plays instruments so he can play our bass fiddle.
Here's an update:

Celebrities to gather:
Chuck Norris
Bruce Campbell
Steve Carrell
Dr. House

Band Lineup:
Singer- Sunshyne
Steel guitar- Mad Dog
Banjo- Doktor
Spoons- Jiggy
Washboard- Zdunklee
Bass Fiddle- Dr. House
Fiddle- Krystal
Whiskey Jar- Mainerliser
Hand Trumpet- Steve Carrell

Supplies:
Medical supplies
Bartender supplies
Jeeps
Ammo (bring your own)
Tools (Titan is bringing a truck full of Home Depot stuff)

Am I missing anything?

Here's one I put together a few weeks ago. It's not updated with everyone's secondary jobs. Oh and Dok is no longer on banjo as it has been revealed that he is leading a group of zombies. You know, conflict of interest and all.

Jiggy Wrote:No, I mean you will get too relaxed with your "hurricane free zone" and the when you're not looking the zombies will eat you.

And how exactly are they going to get there? Are there "magic flying zombies" now?

The #1 priority, as I have stated, would be to rid the island(s) of all zombies.

Here's an update:

Celebrities to gather:
Chuck Norris
Bruce Campbell
Steve Carrell
Dr. House

Band Lineup:
Singer- Sunshyne
Steel guitar- Mad Dog
Banjo- Doktor
Spoons- Jiggy
Washboard- Zdunklee
Bass Fiddle- Dr. House
Fiddle- Krystal
Whiskey Jar- Mainerliser

Supplies:
Medical supplies
Bartender supplies
Jeeps
Ammo (bring your own)

Am I missing anything?

Someone had a problem with Hawaii because no one is a pilot. You're planning on recruiting Chuck Norris, Bruce Campbell, Steve Carrell, and a fictional character, but you don't think you could find a few pilots?

Also, your #1 priority here has been assembling a band. This is why you will die. #1 - survival; #2 - Entertainment. The two can be combined. For example... I'm trying to survive... I see Jiggy... I throw him at the zombies for not realizing Hawaii is a good idea..... I am entertained, and the zombies are preoccupied with eating him, and I can escape.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Queenie - 03-25-2009

Jiggy Wrote:
Rock Monster Wrote:Where's your list of who has what jobs?... I can't seem to find it.

Here's an update:

Celebrities to gather:
Chuck Norris
Bruce Campbell
Steve Carrell
Dr. House

Band Lineup:
Singer- Sunshyne
Steel guitar- Mad Dog
Banjo- Doktor
Spoons- Jiggy
Washboard- Zdunklee
Bass Fiddle- Dr. House
Fiddle- Krystal
Whiskey Jar- Mainerliser

Others:
Designated Drinkers - Queenie and Dino

Supplies:
Medical supplies
Bartender supplies
Jeeps
Ammo (bring your own)

Am I missing anything?

Here's one I put together a few weeks ago. It's not updated with everyone's secondary jobs. Oh and Dok is no longer on banjo as it has been revealed that he is leading a group of zombies. You know, conflict of interest and all.

You always leave us out and you know what a vital part we play in all of this.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - krystal - 03-25-2009

Jobs (forgive me if I missed some):

Me: Director of Effing, sharpshooter
Howie: Farmer (cow chaser)
Mainerliser: Cook
Orzoski: Other cook and Chief Techno Geek
Sunshyne: Karate teacher and all-around Badass Female
Dino: Angry Drunk
Queenie: Happy Drunk, Hostage Negotiator
zdunklee: Liquor Distributor
Titan: in 5 words: shotguns, bear traps, and strippers
Jiggy: Assault Vehicle Operator (AVO)
Mark: Mercenary

What else?

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - Mad Dog - 03-25-2009

Cool !!! Now that Queenie is aboard this thread has been officially been legitimized!! We're not a bunch of Thread Larpers anymore. Tongue

Rock Monster Wrote:
Jiggy Wrote:No, I mean you will get too relaxed with your "hurricane free zone" and the when you're not looking the zombies will eat you.

And how exactly are they going to get there? Are there "magic flying zombies" now?

The #1 priority, as I have stated, would be to rid the island(s) of all zombies.

You do realize that zombies can originate from Hawaii, right? Trust me, I know about these things. Wink

Krystal Wrote:Jiggy: Chauffeur (yes, you get to play with the gun)

I think I prefer the term Assault Vehicle Operator better. Or just AVO.

What are you going to do once the undead rise? - sunshyne - 03-25-2009

I'm with RM and Hawaii. Although, I think they might get Typhoons. Either way, I think an Island far from tha main land is better than one close to the main land. Especially since we can dispose of zombie remains in the volcanoes. And I wasn't really all that keen on the bluegrass band. I can sing alright, I just don't know many bluegrass songs. Besides, I think I would be better off as karate instructor/ all-around badass female" (thanks Krystal Smile )